The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Can somebody point me toward the best and easiest to install 4K video card?

Most of the graphics cards install the same way, PCI E x16. Usually you have take the expansion slot covers out of the case and the card slots into there and screws down. The mid to higher cards will require a pcie 4/6/8 pin power plug off your power supply. If you want to run 4K resolution for gaming you will probably start at the $500 range of cards. This will depend on what you are using the card and pc for.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Most of the graphics cards install the same way, PCI E x16. Usually you have take the expansion slot covers out of the case and the card slots into there and screws down. The mid to higher cards will require a pcie 4/6/8 pin power plug off your power supply. If you want to run 4K resolution for gaming you will probably start at the $500 range of cards. This will depend on what you are using the card and pc for.

Most use will be 4K video/movies, as well as video editing and some occasional games. Also to connect my pc to OLED TV

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I need some advice, I need a motherboard.. I got a ASROCK b450 Fatality gaming board that needs to be replacved, it's really my fault since I broke some pins but the bluetooth is garbage and cuts in and out. Asrock wants 95 dollars since I caused it, I was wondering if I should just get another brand instead and I was thinking of this.

GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

or

This is the board that I have

ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX/AC AM4 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Is asrock trash compared to MSI and gigabyte? I need to order by tomorrow night.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Most use will be 4K video/movies, as well as video editing and some occasional games. Also to connect my pc to OLED TV

At minimum for 4K video editing I would start with 4GB ram on the card, the more ram the better. If you shop around you can find some deals on 6 and 8gb cards, however these more powerful cards will require a good wattage power supply unit of of 500 to 650 watts and up. Watching movies isn't as taxing as editing videos so you'll be fine there. Pretty every new graphics card on the market is atleast going to have an HDMI output which would fine for your tv.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I need some advice, I need a motherboard.. I got a ASROCK b450 Fatality gaming board that needs to be replacved, it's really my fault since I broke some pins but the bluetooth is garbage and cuts in and out. Asrock wants 95 dollars since I caused it, I was wondering if I should just get another brand instead and I was thinking of this.

GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

or

This is the board that I have

ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING-ITX/AC AM4 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Is asrock trash compared to MSI and gigabyte? I need to order by tomorrow night.

My own personal opinion is between the 2 boards they are almost identical (4 SATA, M2 Support, 7.1 Audio, max RAM), can't go wrong with either one. No asrock is not trash, a lot of the brands are comparable.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FHD 16:9 144Hz :whoo:
I'll miss 21:9 ultrawide 75Hz. :ohlawd:
IMG_20191219_181434.jpg
U should've gotten a 21:9 100hz monitor.

I got one and it's beautiful. I did miss the height though but a 32" 16:9 144hz would feel colossal.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
that's the temp it will throttle below the base clock speed, but you start losing your 'boost' clock at a lower temp. Nvidia's GPU Boost basically automatically overclocks the card based on available voltage and temps. my 2070 Super starts losing Hz at around 60c

you can counter this by using a more aggressive fan curve (with MSI Afterburner, or similar software). Nvidia's default fan curve is pretty weak, because they want the card to run quiet. you can set up a custom curve that makes the fans go faster at a lower temp. the drawback being the card will make a lot more noise. I have mine setup so the fans hit 100% at 70c, and my card never goes above 65c

So I did play around with MSI...and I see why nivida set the fan for 42 % unless the card hits 87:mjlol:

Once I got it to 45 shyt was OBNOXIOUSLY loud:mjlol:...I could hear it over the game:mjlol:...

I cranked the fans up to 55% and I thought my PC was going to take off like a plane or some shyt :mjlol:

I set the fans to 70 and HOLY shyt:mjlol:...it was so loud I could hear it on the opposite end of my house on the 1st floor:mjlol:

I'm only going to have this card for a year and a half so I am probably just going to let it run at default...

Cranking the fans to 55% did bring max temps down from 82 to 66 though...the noise just isn't worth it

morris

Superstar
Daps
At minimum for 4K video editing I would start with 4GB ram on the card, the more ram the better. If you shop around you can find some deals on 6 and 8gb cards, however these more powerful cards will require a good wattage power supply unit of of 500 to 650 watts and up. Watching movies isn't as taxing as editing videos so you'll be fine there. Pretty every new graphics card on the market is atleast going to have an HDMI output which would fine for your tv.
Will I need a new motherboard to support the new wattage requirements? I currently have the i7 processor

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Will I need a new motherboard to support the new wattage requirements? I currently have the i7 processor

Well those 2 you posted are AMD boards so unless you plan on doing an AMD chip, you will be shopping for Intel sockets for your i7.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
U should've gotten a 21:9 100hz monitor.

I got one and it's beautiful. I did miss the height though but a 32" 16:9 144hz would feel colossal.
I really wanted a 34" 21:9 3440x1440p 144Hz curved monitor:ahh::banderas:, but it wasn't in my budget for now.
And breh, the way acer has the monitor stand set up, it's like literally all up in my face right now :mjlol:, so this 16:9 27" feels way bigger than the 27" ultrawide I stopped using. Screen is way sharper and colors are real nice once you get the settings right.:lawd:
What monitor do you have tho?

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Ever since updating windows 10 my pc has been stuttering even without running anything. Anybody else ever had this issue and have a fix?
Nah, no problems here. I set my updates to run as long as it can, which I believe is 34 days. Once I put Windows Pro on my gaming PC, I'm setting that shyt to 365 days. :lolbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really wanted a 34" 21:9 3440x1440p 144Hz curved monitor:ahh::banderas:, but it wasn't in my budget for now.
And breh, the way acer has the monitor stand set up, it's like literally all up in my face right now :mjlol:, so this 16:9 27" feels way bigger than the 27" ultrawide I stopped using. Screen is way sharper and colors are real nice once you get the settings right.:lawd:
What monitor do you have tho?
I have the MSI Optix MAG341CQ. I bought it for llke $320.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Well those 2 you posted are AMD boards so unless you plan on doing an AMD chip, you will be shopping for Intel sockets for your i7.
I didn't post anything.

But I think I get your drift.

this is the first tower ever bought and the reason was because I can upgrade it with the 4K and eventually the 8K that will be coming out. I was just unsure what motherboard was needed. I currently have with the i7 I have an Nvidia graphics card.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I didn't post anything.

But I think I get your drift.

this is the first tower ever bought and the reason was because I can upgrade it with the 4K and eventually the 8K that will be coming out. I was just unsure what motherboard was needed. I currently have with the i7 I have an Nvidia graphics card.

My bad fam, got you mixed up with another poster.