The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
i4el1q6ql7841.jpg

:mjlol:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

I did some rgb on my gaming rig early last year and it lasted for all of about an hour cause I got annoyed at the flashing and colors and shyt out the corner of my eye:mjlol:

Then I moved my rig to where I couldn't see it then I was like...whats the point of all the rgb if no one can see it:mjlol:

I just turned it off...only lights on my rig now are motherboard light and gpu light:mjlol:

Daps
Mannn I've overlooked this thread :snoop:. Look dope thoe :ehh:. I'm currently trying to build a PC for audio production , video editing and Lightroom software for photography. I'll post my specs later ...

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did some rgb on my gaming rig early last year and it lasted for all of about an hour cause I got annoyed at the flashing and colors and shyt out the corner of my eye:mjlol:

Then I moved my rig to where I couldn't see it then I was like...whats the point of all the rgb if no one can see it:mjlol:

I just turned it off...only lights on my rig now are motherboard light and gpu light:mjlol:

Honestly idgaf how my shyt looks (on the fancy end). I got a simple all black tower. Only RGB I got is on some RAM, that you obviously can barely see.

I’m glad I don’t care about aesthetics because I already spend grips on performance :russ:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I always use the reatek hd audio driver...but since i have a gigabyte board and it has the built in sound blaster...i downloaded the latest drivers for it...played with it for two days...didn't like it cause no matter what i did the front speakers were to loud...so i uninstalled it and HOLY shyt this thing almost nuked my pc:mjlol:

So I uninstalled it but then all of a sudden my realtek hd driver didn't have the hd audio config manager anymore...

Then the creative technology service didn't delete and that shyt was using 30 % of my cpu...

So then I find out you have to run the uninstaller inside of the creative technology folder...fine I do that...

Reboot...every audio driver I have is now gone...nvidia audio driver AND my hd realtek driver...

I reinstall the realtek audio driver...

I reinstall only the nvidia audio drivers...

Everything seems fine...

I got to play anno 1800...this shyt is running it like 25 fps...:mjlol:

I open some more games...they all run between 25 and 35 fps...I have a 2080 ti...

So I use ddu to uninstall the gpu driver but i notice it also now has options to uninstall soundblaster and realtek:ohhh:

So I reboot in safe mode and uninstall sound blaster, realtek, and gpu drivers...

Reinstall realtek first...then gpu drivers...almost fukked up cause originally i donwloaded notebook drivers since they have the same revision:ohhh:

Just tested some games...shyt is finally back to normal:mjlol:

Took 2 hours to fix this shyt...all because i had to play around with an app that in the end I didn't even like :mjlol:

Aint nothing worst than having to fix a bunch of shyt on your pc just to get it back to what it was:mjlol:

I'm probably done with gigabyte boards after this...seems a lot of people have problems with them sound blaster drivers

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Intel says upcoming 10th-gen H-series CPUs will surpass 5GHz

Intel made a bold statement today at CES: It's surpassing the 5GHz barrier with its upcoming Core i7 H-series 10th generation processors, which are headed to notebooks. That'll make them even faster than its current top-of-the-line Core i9 H-series chip, the 9980HK, which maxes out at 5GHz. Sure, it's not too surprising that Intel is reaching beyond that speed, but it's notable that it's doing so in the lesser i7 line. And as usual, you can expect the next i9 chip to come in even faster than that i7.

Additionally, the company claims the 10th-gen H-series processors will also scale better across eight cores, which should also lead to a decent performance boost. Intel wouldn't divulge any more details about its upcoming processors, but we can expect to hear more during its CES keynote on Monday.

Engadget is now a part of Verizon Media

morris

Superstar
Daps
Need your advice. I got a $550 Best Buy gift card and wanted to know the best 4K video card to buy (previously mentioned).

Please see specs below:
Windows 10 Home
intel CPU i7-4790K@4 GHz
RAM 16GB
64-Bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My main question is the best video card that works fine on an i7 and eventually, an i9 processor (will eventually upgrade to an 8K video card but that's at least 4-5 years down the line).

Thanks for all the help

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Need your advice. I got a $550 Best Buy gift card and wanted to know the best 4K video card to buy (previously mentioned).

Please see specs below:
Windows 10 Home
intel CPU i7-4790K@4 GHz
RAM 16GB
64-Bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My main question is the best video card that works fine on an i7 and eventually, an i9 processor (will eventually upgrade to an 8K video card but that's at least 4-5 years down the line).

Thanks for all the help

GPU Scaling video for 4790K

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't see 8K taking off in the next 4-5 years.

Monitor tech is slow as shyt, diminishing returns, etc