The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Selling

ksmKU2U.jpg

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t wanna derail the Xbox thread so I’ll ask here:

Thinking about selling my rig

Owned a PS4 and X1, may comeback to consoles permanently

There's a lot of fragmentation on the PC side that's starting to anger me.

What fragmentation were you referring to? All the different storefronts/launchers?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

With EA folding back to Steam, I think it’s gonna still end up like it used to be with Steam, but add EGS in now, with the games still launching through the publisher’s launchers.

So your library will still be in one place but have to go through the other launchers

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Resident Evil 2 running at 4k all ultra everything pushed my 2080 ti to 84 degrees and my case airlfow is impeccable :picard:

Says it doesn't throttle until 89 and nothing else pushes it that hard so oh well

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Resident Evil 2 running at 4k all ultra everything pushed my 2080 ti to 84 degrees and my case airlfow is impeccable :picard:

Says it doesn't throttle until 89 and nothing else pushes it that hard so oh well
that's the temp it will throttle below the base clock speed, but you start losing your 'boost' clock at a lower temp. Nvidia's GPU Boost basically automatically overclocks the card based on available voltage and temps. my 2070 Super starts losing Hz at around 60c

you can counter this by using a more aggressive fan curve (with MSI Afterburner, or similar software). Nvidia's default fan curve is pretty weak, because they want the card to run quiet. you can set up a custom curve that makes the fans go faster at a lower temp. the drawback being the card will make a lot more noise. I have mine setup so the fans hit 100% at 70c, and my card never goes above 65c

morris

Superstar
Daps
Can somebody point me toward the best and easiest to install 4K video card?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
that's the temp it will throttle below the base clock speed, but you start losing your 'boost' clock at a lower temp. Nvidia's GPU Boost basically automatically overclocks the card based on available voltage and temps. my 2070 Super starts losing Hz at around 60c

you can counter this by using a more aggressive fan curve (with MSI Afterburner, or similar software). Nvidia's default fan curve is pretty weak, because they want the card to run quiet. you can set up a custom curve that makes the fans go faster at a lower temp. the drawback being the card will make a lot more noise. I have mine setup so the fans hit 100% at 70c, and my card never goes above 65c

Yeah I have MSI afterburner. But the game is still hitting 60fps on 4k all ultra everything so I am not going to worry about it.

Yeah, nividia fan curve is pretty conservative. Card has to get to 85c before the default fan curve even goes above 50%.