The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo my fans are loud as shyt, how can I fix this?

They always weren't this loud. It's the rear fan specifically. Then periodically, my graphics card's fan will spin on blast then stop.

It's beyond annoying
:snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I remember looking into this a few weeks ago, isn't SpeedFan a chore setting up and configuring?
Yes, it is. I hate it and it doesn’t work with my components. However, it is the go to solution.

You should also be able to change fan speeds in your bios. My ASUS mobo even has a program where I can change speeds on the fly.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yo my fans are loud as shyt, how can I fix this?

They always weren't this loud. It's the rear fan specifically. Then periodically, my graphics card's fan will spin on blast then stop.

It's beyond annoying
:snoop:

have you cleaned out the dust recently?

That's what it is. Just buy some of this stuff:
17885.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
They aren't too bad, I recently had to do a fresh install of Windows after an update wrecked my shyt. It's been louder ever since I reinstalled it

:francis:

If dust is building up that bad that you're starting to overheat, then you're getting near the point that you should do something about it.
(I'm speaking more to myself than anyone else, since the same thing is actually happening to me :snoop:)

If its really TWO different unrelated fans spinning up, then the overall case temperature must be heating up. I don't think a software update would affect both fans.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
If dust is building up that bad that you're starting to overheat, then you're getting near the point that you should do something about it.
(I'm speaking more to myself than anyone else, since the same thing is actually happening to me :snoop:)

If its really TWO different unrelated fans spinning up, then the overall case temperature must be heating up. I don't think a software update would affect both fans.
yep, I'm always amazed how much quieter my computer is after I clean it out. not only does dust affect temps, and make the fans work harder, but also all the dust on the fan blades causes air resistance, and makes them louder

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to order some of that dust remover, I thought those were a no go because it can blow the dust in/on other components when you do it. I was using a small vac to try and suck out as much as I could but it's still dust in there.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm about to order some of that dust remover, I thought those were a no go because it can blow the dust in/on other components when you do it. I was using a small vac to try and suck out as much as I could but it's still dust in there.

be careful using a regular vacuum, cause there's a chance of electrostatic discharge, and that can kill your hardware. they have vacuum/blowers that are made for cleaning computers, like this one:

the issue I usually have with canned compressed air is they freeze up. I usually try to have two handy so I can switch to the other one when one freezes. try to hold it upright, and use it in short bursts

also try to do it outside, so you can just blow the dust out without worrying about where it's going

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to move to a multi-screen setup. Mainly for productivity for video editing on my desktop and laptop. I'm thinking of getting an Ultrawide and a 27in screen

When I want to work from my laptop and access the 2 monitors, what do I have to get in order to do that?
:jbhmm:

An HDMI splitter or something else?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!