The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's ridiculous. I'm looking to move to a dual monitor setup in my office for video editing and moving my old one downstairs to my studio.

Just looking at the difference in price for the 1080p joints compared to the 4K ones made me go
:what:
I used to have a 3x24 Eyefinity set up with monitors I bought from eBay. But I got tired of all the bezels in my face and went back to just 1 24" screen when one of the 3 monitors died.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I used to have a 3x24 Eyefinity set up with monitors I bought from eBay. But I got tired of all the bezels in my face and went back to just 1 24" screen when one of the 3 monitors died.
I'm looking at these 24in BenQs for 109 on Amazon, the bezels are thin... I have a 27in LG right now.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you get a stable 40 or 50 FPS on max w/ all RTX?

My bad breh, first time playing this shyt since last wk :russ: tried true 4k, mostly high, with RTX all on except debris and indirect diffuse lighting, and frames literally 30 :picard: turned DLSS back on 1440p, all other settings the same, and jumped between 40 and 50

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Damn this technology. I see the galaxy tab s6 running a special with 50% off the keyboard until end of next week. But then I heard today that microsoft having a surface event in early october. Plus I hear the galaxy book s is being realeased but thats 1k and the tab s6 is like $650 i think. no price yet on surface if there is one. think I'll just wait until the announcement and then if its not worth it i'll get the galaxy tab. and maybe wait for a sale on the keyboard.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Damn this technology. I see the galaxy tab s6 running a special with 50% off the keyboard until end of next week. But then I heard today that microsoft having a surface event in early october. Plus I hear the galaxy book s is being realeased but thats 1k and the tab s6 is like $650 i think. no price yet on surface if there is one. think I'll just wait until the announcement and then if its not worth it i'll get the galaxy tab. and maybe wait for a sale on the keyboard.
Only line of product, where I suggest someone buy apple products first :francis:

Surface Pro will launch at 1K plus again, too niche of a product to cut prices.

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Might be too expensive. Galaxy should pair well with my phone too.
Pairing with phone and Dex is the only reason I see to pick one up. But what are you really doing on it that won't transfer over to your tablet regardless? Streaming services continue where you left off on any device.
If you have an actual need for a 8gb ram tablet + pen + keyboard on a Tablet not a fully functioning laptop, go ahead. Standard new ipad or a discounted S5 looks like the best option if you are swaying prices just to use has a regular tablet user.

Tablets cannot replace laptops - don't spend laptop money on a tablet unless you have an actual purpose for doing so. I would suggest the a discounted S5E or new Ipad

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So out of curiosity, is a RTX card really interesting like that ?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
my 980ti died :mjcry:

always artifacting and crashing in games, and sometimes in the desktop. shyt started dying while I was playing fukking Minecraft :why:

3 year warranty, and I copped it 4 years ago :francis:

currently using my backup GPU: a GTX 660 :bryan: :flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

looking at that RTX 2070 Super. gotta wait a bit to get my money right, and find it in stock for the right price

but at least soon I'll be enjoying our ray tracing future :blessed:

:mjcry:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
looking at that RTX 2070 Super. gotta wait a bit to get my money right, and find it in stock for the right price

but at least soon I'll be enjoying our ray tracing future :blessed:

:mjcry:
I'd love to jump on the RTX train, but $500 to game is a lot. I'll probably have to upgrade my entire rig tho. Still running Windows 7...:flabbynsick: