The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@Barnett114
@Ciggavelli

A homie asked me to build a pc for him and his business partner. He knows I used to build gaming rigs for myself and wants to pay me for a strong computer that they will be using for photography or editing photos. :dwillhuh:

I been out of the loop for a while. You brehs mind helping me pick parts or tell me where to start? Daps and reps :mjgrin:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Barnett114
@Ciggavelli

A homie asked me to build a pc for him and his business partner. He knows I used to build gaming rigs for myself and wants to pay me for a strong computer that they will be using for photography or editing photos. :dwillhuh:

I been out of the loop for a while. You brehs mind helping me pick parts or tell me where to start? Daps and reps :mjgrin:
I love parting out builds. First question though, what’s the budget?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll be connecting my Macbook to these monitors, right now I connect to my single monitor by simply plugging the HDMI cable into it.

I have an older Macbook with the ports (2 USBs, HDMI, 2 Mini DisplayPorts etc)... so I don't think a dock is necessary. I'm thinking I'll just have to use my HDMI port and a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable to extend out to the monitors. Unless I can link the monitors with each other or something.

Either way, I just want to make sure I have all the cables and shyt necessary when everything gets here tomorrow.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@Barnett114
@Ciggavelli

Need a budget.

PCs for photo editing when including good monitors can be expensive

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Damn this technology. I see the galaxy tab s6 running a special with 50% off the keyboard until end of next week. But then I heard today that microsoft having a surface event in early october. Plus I hear the galaxy book s is being realeased but thats 1k and the tab s6 is like $650 i think. no price yet on surface if there is one. think I'll just wait until the announcement and then if its not worth it i'll get the galaxy tab. and maybe wait for a sale on the keyboard.
Details on next generation Surface pro 7 has leaked. Please have usb C :mjcry:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russ: I relayed that to him and they've decided to go with what you recommended. I think they're knocking off the 1tb hard drive tho. Thanks for the help breh. :salute:
What kind of drive was it? 1TB HDDs are cheap and I'm assuming he's going to be shooting RAW files, which can fill up a drive fast depending on how much they shoot.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What kind of drive was it? 1TB HDDs are cheap and I'm assuming he's going to be shooting RAW files, which can fill up a drive fast depending on how much they shoot.

He's passing on the WD Blue 1tb HDD that's in the list @Barnett114 posted. I told him the 500gb SSD might not be enough for what he'll be doing but I haven't heard back from him yet. :yeshrug: