The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE, Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Here's the build, when you look at the monitors - pick whatever you feel is more suitable for you. Civilization 6 allows for ultrawide settings, so I thought it would be a better option for you if you prefer having 2 displays but in 1. If you prefer dual 27 inch monitor, get a 1440p or 1080p monitor with the other monitor I gave you.
Only pick up the rtx 2070 at price (under 470). If not possible, get a rtx 2060 under 400.
Add whatever 7200 rpm hard drive size you believe you need (if needed)

If you type alot and like the clicky feel get a cherry brown (quieter) or a better feel but loud (cherry blue) keyboard. I added the best gaming mouse you can get vs price. If you solely want a gaming driven keyboard get a cherry mx red keyboard. Coolermaster, Corsair is a good starting point for gaming keyboards. Brown cherry are best median between typing and gaming.

I'm $149 over, but it's very close to $1500

System Builder - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB OC, Carbide SPEC-04 TG ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

Also, I need to do more research on the individual components, to make sure everything is all good.
Just curious, do you gave have blu-ray drives in you PC?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
No, I don't. Optical discs are obsolete technology now.
I'm reading a lot of stuff about transferring my windows 10 license. What's the best route to go for this?

I got the free upgrade from windows 7.

Also, @MMA Mo suggested using Samsung Magician Software when transferring my old HHD data to a new SSD. Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD

This is probably the first thing that has to done. Will it have any affect on the transferring of my windows 10 digital license?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm reading a lot of stuff about transferring my windows 10 license. What's the best route to go for this?

Also, @MMA Mo suggested using Samsung Magician Software when transferring my old HHD data to a new SSD. Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD

This is probably the first thing that has to done. Will it have any affect on the transferring of my windows 10 digital license?
You might have some problems with transferring the Win 10 license to a new motherboard. I'm not sure about transferring from a HDD to an SSD using the same mobo though. I think you may have to contact microsoft if you can't use Win 10 on your new ssd

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Just go to windows 10 settings and make a Microsoft account for free. Whenever you switch motherboards it’ll simply ask if you changed hardware in your system; you enter your windows account username/pw and it’ll activate. Make the account BEFORE doing anything.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
question

i pirated my windows a long time ago, but i noticed soudn drivers and shyt not working..
to keep shyt simple i just wanna re-install windows on a spare ssd i have.

is it worth grabbing a $40 key to activate it? or should i just go with a recent pirated version (haven't really looked into recent cracked windows, but last i used KMSpico)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
question

i pirated my windows a long time ago, but i noticed soudn drivers and shyt not working..

is it worth grabbing a $40 key to activate it? or should i just go with a recent pirated version (haven't really looked into recent cracked windows, but last i used KMSpico)
Grab a license, but I'm sure you can do better than 40. Try the Buy/Sell sections of a PC tech forum.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
question

You can download the full version of Windows 10 off Microsoft site if you are tight money and don't wanna buy. It has a watermark in the bottom right corner unless you activate a license, is the only thing.

Representar

All Star
Daps
question

Just buy a key off of ebay, you should be able to get one for under $5 just make sure to choose a seller with excellent feedback, alternatively just use it with the water mark as was previously suggested.