The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
My ASRock desk mini’s showed up much better solution for htpc and small compute box between office and home use. Only to remind me I need to sell some of these computers, laptops, nucs and Nas systems but I don’t know how to give them up :mjcry:

They have gotten me away from server racks but at what cost

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Depends on your budget going from a 360 dollar card to a 800 is a lot. In many situation not worth it for most users when they can spend it elsewhere. I would pick up a 500GB nvme then. HDD gaming, production of any sort is trash unless it’s solo.
Yeah NVIDIA is straight extorting people out here it's crazy, but then I remember that AMD is releasing Navi sometime this year so there's hope (trying to be optimistic as appose of everyone outside the coli), however, the 2070 isn't too bad price wise :ld:. There's also the VEGA 64, but they're blowers and people talk about how they generate heat and it's starting to get hot again here in Houston I'm sure that's not the best combo, but people make it work.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs have anyone bought refurbished laptop ?

What would be a good brand to start with?

I need a laptop hold me down until I get a desktop which will my power machine..

I'm looking at
  • Intel Core i5 4th Gen 4300U (1.90 GHz)
  • 8 GB Memory 128 GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • for $200 :patrice:
(Main requirements)
-need the laptop for FL STUDIO, run Maschine software...do some light video editing..I can do some shyt in windows movie maker on my :flabbynsick: laptop so I figure any i5 would be a major upgrade.
For example my current dell laptop is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 4GB, Windows 8 64bit(I fukking hate windows 8 layout:trash: )

I can run FL STUDIO 12 fairly well with stock plugins,cutting samples currently, some vsts start overloading my cpu but it's okay for the most part so I think any i5 would be okay for fl studio.

Maschine requirements are
Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit only), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM
:patrice:
Breh go browse & search eBay at least once a day. You can definitely find a refurb or used laptop with those specs & better for $200 or less.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
RGB gotta die, I'm sick of it now. Ready to throw some sheets over these cases :scust:

Edit: icue let's me turn it off :ohhh:
:ufdup:

Asus Aura all over my fans, mobo, monitor, gpus, reservoir :win:

They even got rgb psu cables and rgb cable combs now :wow:

Gimme rgb on everything :feedme:

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Went to microcenter on impulse today with my good friend. I have no control. Probably going to return this bullshyt :russ:
Notice something else, 1440p monitors are pretty cheap now a days :ohhh: 27-32 inch monitors with 1440p-144hz-165hz going for 300-400 is not bad at all. 1080p monitors are not even worth it at 200 dollars plus and TN panels.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Went to microcenter on impulse today with my good friend. I have no control. Probably going to return this bullshyt :russ:
Notice something else, 1440p monitors are pretty cheap now a days :ohhh: 27-32 inch monitors with 1440p-144hz-165hz going for 300-400 is not bad at all. 1080p monitors are not even worth it at 200 dollars plus and TN panels.
:russ: I’ve been there. I seem to always find a reason to go to Fry’s or even Best Buy (:yeshrug:)

What did you pick up?

The monitor game is real nice now. I have an alert set for any mention of that new Samsung 49” super, ultra wide 1440p that seems to have no release date yet, despite getting announced at CES. :beli:

Those new Dell and LG 49” 1440ps look nice, but only have 60hz refresh rates :francis:

But could you imagine playing at that outrageously wide aspect ratio, with no bezel down the middle? :wow:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
:russ: I’ve been there. I seem to always find a reason to go to Fry’s or even Best Buy (:yeshrug:)

What did you pick up?

The monitor game is real nice now. I have an alert set for any mention of that new Samsung 49” super, ultra wide 1440p that seems to have no release date yet, despite getting announced at CES. :beli:

Those new Dell and LG 49” 1440ps look nice, but only have 60hz refresh rates :francis:

But could you imagine playing at that outrageously wide aspect ratio, with no bezel down the middle? :wow:
No fry's here and bestbuy is trash even though I'm there once a month. Microcenter is 20 mins from me now. And 2 others are 30 mins away

Just wait for my review once I try it out and then return it :mjgrin:

I've played COD on it. The regular 49 looks good, only issue I see is text scaling issue, 1440p should fix that.

Get ready to buy another desk :russ:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So I discovered that I can connect a pro controller to the pc. Still buggy tho. We trying it on rocket league and it's not perfect or ready for full release. But looks like they working on something. Especially for chrome support.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So I discovered that I can connect a pro controller to the pc. Still buggy tho. We trying it on rocket league and it's not perfect or ready for full release. But looks like they working on something. Especially for chrome support.
I think Steam supports it. look at the controller settings in Steam