The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My 2080 ti came in today. shyt is obliterating games right now. Lol. @Ciggavelli u think it’s worth getting a second one? After Battlefiled V killed Nvidia inspector support and that shyt dubbed my SLI im not really too confident fukkin with another SLI setup anymore.
Definitely not. You can’t run any of the RTX features in DX12 in sli at the moment (probably never).

Pretty much only dx11 games can be run in sli (and like 75% of those don’t work).

Metro Exodus and BFV are the most graphically complex games out, but don’t run in sli. Still, you can get like 60fps, ultra, 4K with RTX features on. It’s pretty impressive.

I wish I would have only bought one 2080ti. There is really no reason whatsoever to have 2 cards nowadays.

I’d sell my 2nd 2080ti, but it’s got a waterblock on it and it would be a humongous pain in my ass to drain my liquid and take everything apart and put it back together again. I just see it as a sunk cost :francis:

But yeah, just stay with one. I know @MMA Mo agrees (he also had 2 2080tis). Sli has been dying for like 5 years now. I would say it is now its officially dead. Save that $1200

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Definitely not. You can’t run any of the RTX features in DX12 in sli at the moment (probably never).

Pretty much only dx11 games can be run in sli (and like 75% of those don’t work).

Metro Exodus and BFV are the most graphically complex games out, but don’t run in sli. Still, you can get like 60fps, ultra, 4K with RTX features on. It’s pretty impressive.

I wish I would have only bought one 2080ti. There is really no reason whatsoever to have 2 cards nowadays.

I’d sell my 2nd 2080ti, but it’s got a waterblock on it and it would be a humongous pain in my ass to drain my liquid and take everything apart and put it back together again. I just see it as a sunk cost :francis:

But yeah, just stay with one. I know @MMA Mo agrees (he also had 2 2080tis). Sli has been dying for like 5 years now. I would say it is now its officially dead. Save that $1200
Thanks bro. I was using Nvidia Inspector as a workaround but once I seen they killed that shyt I knew it was a wrap and only a matter of time before other companies followed suit. I spent $1400 on my 2080ti. So I woulda had to spend another $1400. Thanks for saving my pockets. Lol

polo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
aloha state
Brehs, can y’all help me with a build that will run CSGO and siege at high settings and FPS needed for competitive playing? Don’t wanna go more than $800 for just these two games.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Are those Gaming chairs overrated?

Should I just stick with an office chair?

Depends on your preference and previous experience. Like for me, the old chair I had for like nearly 20 years, looked similar to this:
47457736-office-chair-without-arm-rest-isolate-background.jpg

But is blue felt, with metal legs and not height adjustable. shyt was from like the 90s. My grandfather gave it to me one time I believe. So obviously when I got the chair I posted the other day, it was quite a change for me. I was looking at office style chairs but this one just had good features like leg rest and great recline abilities. With the option to still have office chair capabilities. As long as its comfortable, they all the same practically. Find one that suits your needs and is better than your last chair.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Is it normal to have to top my water off in my reservoir every few weeks? It’s not a lot, but it is noticeable.

I’m getting mixed findings on the internet. Some say you should check your fluid levels each week, and that having to add a little every so often is normal. But others say you shouldn’t have to add water for 6 months or more.

I checked for leaks everywhere, and I don’t have any. The only place that water could be escaping from is the hole at the top of my reservoir. I made sure to tighten the cap as much as I can, but I have to use a quarter and it’s difficult to tell if the cap is on air-tight (I’m not flipping my pc upside down to make sure).

I can’t think of anything else. Some people on the internet say that water can evaporate from the tubing, but I’m not really sure if that’s possible, but I’m no chemist. Maybe...?:patrice:

It could be air bubbles or pockets in your tubing or blocks finally escaping the loop. I haven't dealt with my water cooling system in over a year now.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Whats the difference between using a game capture software like Elgato vs xbox game dvr or OBS?
why does Elgato give you a separate device and the others can record through the software? is one better than the other?

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Whats the difference between using a game capture software like Elgato vs xbox game dvr or OBS?
why does Elgato give you a separate device and the others can record through the software? is one better than the other?
Elgato captures at the input and eliminates frame loss due to possible cpu or gpu strain and is typically used in a separate system for streaming purposes for those very reasons. Trying to stream with OBS or Shadow play puts additional load on your cpu that you would otherwise want to preserve for running your game at its highest fidelity. Xbox game dvr can only save up to 5 minutes at a time iirc and has a ton of compression as well. If you're just doing game capture OBS should be fine, but if you're trying to stream at high fidelity and do music and other sorts Elgato is the better option.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Elgato captures at the input and eliminates frame loss due to possible cpu or gpu strain and is typically used in a separate system for streaming purposes for those very reasons. Trying to stream with OBS or Shadow play puts additional load on your cpu that you would otherwise want to preserve for running your game at its highest fidelity. Xbox game dvr can only save up to 5 minutes at a time iirc and has a ton of compression as well. If you're just doing game capture OBS should be fine, but if you're trying to stream at high fidelity and do music and other sorts Elgato is the better option.

But if I’m just trying to record I should be able to do it at 1080p or 4K with no problem through OBS?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Is it normal to have to top my water off in my reservoir every few weeks? It’s not a lot, but it is noticeable.

I’m getting mixed findings on the internet. Some say you should check your fluid levels each week, and that having to add a little every so often is normal. But others say you shouldn’t have to add water for 6 months or more.

I checked for leaks everywhere, and I don’t have any. The only place that water could be escaping from is the hole at the top of my reservoir. I made sure to tighten the cap as much as I can, but I have to use a quarter and it’s difficult to tell if the cap is on air-tight (I’m not flipping my pc upside down to make sure).

I can’t think of anything else. Some people on the internet say that water can evaporate from the tubing, but I’m not really sure if that’s possible, but I’m no chemist. Maybe...?:patrice:
Very abnormal, that isn't suppose to happen at all. Is it foaming bubbles? You shouldn't have to add change anything for over a year

@spliz Spend the 1200-1500 on a really good IPS gaming monitor. Do not waste a second attemping to SLI :scust:

Brehs, can y’all help me with a build that will run CSGO and siege at high settings and FPS needed for competitive playing? Don’t wanna go more than $800 for just these two games.
Do you already have a 144hz monitor is it 1080p or 1440p?
Because you want high refresh rates with high settings, 800 isn't enough. Minimal I would get a i5 8400 + h370 motherboard + rtx 2060 (350-360) + 16gb of ram + 250-500gb SSD (install these games on ssd, best games for them), case + 600w powersupply rated
Do not buy a curve monitor, not good for competitive games.

Gotta retire the NZXT Source 210, my first case

Front I/0 is shorting out the computer :mjcry:
:scust:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Very abnormal, that isn't suppose to happen at all. Is it foaming bubbles? You shouldn't have to add change anything for over a year

@spliz Spend the 1200-1500 on a really good IPS gaming monitor. Do not waste a second attemping to SLI :scust:

Because you want high refresh rates with high settings, 800 isn't enough. Minimal I would get a i5 8400 + h370 motherboard + rtx 2060 (350-360) + 16gb of ram + 250-500gb SSD (install these games on ssd, best games for them), case + 600w powersupply rated

No, it's not foaming at all, and I don't see any air bubbles. I checked again for leaks, but couldn't find any. I think perhaps air is exiting from the top of the reservoir. I'm going to fill it up a tiny bit and then somehow manage to get enough torque with my coin to close it air-tight. I'm not sure what else could be causing this issue :patrice:

However, it does appear to be a somewhat common occurrence, at least from my research. The internet net was calling it the "unexplained water loss" :patrice:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Yea im coming from Titan X Pascal SLI which is why I asked. Im glad I copped one 2080ti instead of buying both at once like I was planning to do.