The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Completed today's project.

SNVc7hZ.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
After playing the first few chapters of Metro Exodus, I have a few comments:
  • the game is epic as fukk :whew:
  • Ray-tracing is a goddamn game changer. shyt looks so, so good in Metro Exodus. It really does change the playing field. If other games implement ray-tracing like Metro Exodus, we have truly entered a new generation of graphics. Ray-tracing may not be the useless gimmick I thought it was going to be :ohhh:
Bro. This game made me pull the trigger on the 2080ti. It made me see what ray tracing could really accomplish. My shyt come in on Monday. Lol.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
I got a question bruhs

I have a ryzen 5 1600 oc'ed to 3.7

I want to upgrade my monitor and gpu from a gtx 1060 6gb ssc. I'm wondering can I get a 2080ti and go up to 4K

The chances of me playing multiplayer are pretty slim so im not really jonesing for a high refresh rate. 4k/60fps or a little under would be with me

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I got a question bruhs

I have a ryzen 5 1600 oc'ed to 3.7

I want to upgrade my monitor and gpu from a gtx 1060 6gb ssc. I'm wondering can I get a 2080ti and go up to 4K

The chances of me playing multiplayer are pretty slim so im not really jonesing for a high refresh rate. 4k/60fps or a little under would be with me

A 2080ti will get you 4k at 60fps unless you set everything to ultra...which you shouldn't be doing at 4k anyway...and even if you did you could probably still push 45 to 55 fps...

Spending that much money on a gpu you might want to take a look at some gsync monitors...i don't think i will ever be able to game on a non gsync monitor again...

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
A 2080ti will get you 4k at 60fps unless you set everything to ultra...which you shouldn't be doing at 4k anyway...and even if you did you could probably still push 45 to 55 fps...

Spending that much money on a gpu you might want to take a look at some gsync monitors...i don't think i will ever be able to game on a non gsync monitor again...
I dig it

I was also considering going to 1440p and just cooling out there for a little while and waited on everything to advance a lil more but if i'm waiting, i could also just stick to 1080p and wait lol

Decisions bruh:francis:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I dig it

I was also considering going to 1440p and just cooling out there for a little while and waited on everything to advance a lil more but if i'm waiting, i could also just stick to 1080p and wait lol

Decisions bruh:francis:
Depends on your budget for 1440p with a 27 or 32 inch freesync VA/IPS monitor. You can get away with spending 700 between both gpu and display. For 4K gaming you should be ready to spend at minimum 1200 dollars. I would recommend you go with 1440p, 4K gaming isn't ready for mass market.

Can y'all link me to some of the cheapest pc rigs that can efficiently create DJ Akademiks style YouTube videos? I won't be gaming, just creating social media content.
if it isn't graphic intensive, if you are using looped videos/gifs. You can get away with a ryzen 5 1600/2600 or I would highly recommend a ryzen 7 1700, 32gb of ram rated at 3000mhz or 3200mhz and some 6gb or 8gb vram graphic card.

Now this all depends on what platform you use, if you are using adobe - get Intel (i5 or i7 with igpu).

In actuality his videos are low quality (in imaging) so you can create his style of video on any modern pc that isn't slow out of the gate to be honest with you. Most of your time will be spent attaching sound clips.
I would either go ryzen 5 1600 or intel i5 8400 with 16gb of ram and any gpu of your choice - this will give you room to upgrade in the future if you decide to take videoediting more serious. The video making you will be doing is not intensive. I suggest you go on youtube and other platforms like tomhardware's to see what people recommend for video editing.

how far back can you go on a cpu and it still be decent? my mom was talking about buying a desktop earlier and i feel that i can just build her one instead. She doesn't need any high tech graphics or gonna be gaming or video editing or nothing. gonna be extremely basic with just enough to get her to do basic stuff on there for when she starts a new job. Was looking at the Intel either I5 or I7 at most. Don't know about the I3 tho, Definitely not an I9.
Just built 2 - 2200g pc's for htpc's under 250 each (don't want to use smart tv functions or firestick etc due to privacy issue) in my house and one i7 8700 with 32gb of ram for my girl for her work (Budget 2K she wanted a 1K monitor after experience ultrawide:mjlol:. All done in Inwin Chopin case that comes with a 150w powersupply. This is the route I recommend most people to go if they are going to build their parents or someone they know a PC (Small as possible). If she is doing extremely light work and just regular stuff that doesn't need any actually performance go build a 2200g build for 250-300. If not build a i5 8400 (6 cores no hyperthreading) will cost 600 or i7 8700 (6 cores hyperthreading) in it will cost 800.
If you can build one for cheaper than you build one, do it. If you can't don't bother. The SSD will probably be the best thing she will deal with doing a build yourself or just tell her to buy a laptop, monitor and a docking station.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Just bought this. Just literally came out on Tuesday I think. Seems like the perfect medium between Nvidia's low to mid cards and their absurdly expensive high end cards (799 for top of the line cards :dahell:)

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Just bought this. Just literally came out on Tuesday I think. Seems like the perfect medium between Nvidia's low to mid cards and their absurdly expensive high end cards (799 for top of the line cards :dahell:)

If you paid anything close to 300.. go get a 350 dollar founder edition rtx 2060. That card (1060ti lol) should priced around 250-270 tops

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
If you paid anything close to 300.. go get a 350 dollar founder edition rtx 2060. That card (1060ti lol) should priced around 250-270 tops
Lol I just canceled it after finding out about the 2060 actually. No lie. :dead: I'll pay the extra money for ray tracing and turing.

I've been out the graphics card game for a bit. The card is 270 by the way lol

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I bought this pc from a dude off of craigslist a week or two ago and just powered it on for the first time last night saw this thread and decided to look up the part price online and i made out pretty well. My main criteria was a good gpu.

System Builder

the ssd is actually a laptop module that goes for $70 on ebay. i have to double check the case model number but the model he told me matches the pics i see online.
i paid the guy $625. this pc isn't even loud :wow:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is it normal to have to top my water off in my reservoir every few weeks? It’s not a lot, but it is noticeable.

I’m getting mixed findings on the internet. Some say you should check your fluid levels each week, and that having to add a little every so often is normal. But others say you shouldn’t have to add water for 6 months or more.

I checked for leaks everywhere, and I don’t have any. The only place that water could be escaping from is the hole at the top of my reservoir. I made sure to tighten the cap as much as I can, but I have to use a quarter and it’s difficult to tell if the cap is on air-tight (I’m not flipping my pc upside down to make sure).

I can’t think of anything else. Some people on the internet say that water can evaporate from the tubing, but I’m not really sure if that’s possible, but I’m no chemist. Maybe...?:patrice: