The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah I feel you. I'm short, per coli standards, and under 200. But yeah definitely wanna go this weekend and see what's out there and test some of them out.
I’ve had s bunch of computer chairs throughout the years. I’ve had fancy office chairs, stylish chairs, minimalistic chairs, etc. I currently have a “racing” style chair. I have a DXRacer. Like this, but blue and black (also a slightly different model that I can’t seem to find at the moment):

I’m a big fan of the “racing” style chairs. I’d buy another. Check them out

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I’ve had s bunch of computer chairs throughout the years. I’ve had fancy office chairs, stylish chairs, minimalistic chairs, etc. I currently have a “racing” style chair. I have a DXRacer. Like this, but blue and black (also a slightly different model that I can’t seem to find at the moment):

I’m a big fan of the “racing” style chairs. I’d buy another. Check them out

Yeah that definitely looks nice. Want one with a foot rest and reclining option too. Trying to decide between gaming and office. First leaned towards gaming then towards office to look more professional but as long as it's comfortable and under $200, I'm with it.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Officially giving up sli and cf before I kick my case again. Need to get over the fact, I want the best - when the best doesn't treat me right. Will use other card in machine learning box:mjcry:

Might get rid of the gl702zc (selling for 1000 - ryzen 7/32gb of ram(upgraded) and rx 580 4gb - if anyone is interested) and pick up an actually small gaming laptop. I'm stuck with what to get, the razer laptops are crazy in price compared to asus prices.
:patrice:

Also the more affordable Acer 4K 144hz but it's hdr400 just dropped in the US -

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Officially giving up sli and cf before I kick my case again. Need to get over the fact, I want the best - when the best doesn't treat me right. Will use other card in machine learning box:mjcry:

Might get rid of the gl702zc (selling for 1000 - ryzen 7/32gb of ram(upgraded) and rx 580 4gb - if anyone is interested) and pick up an actually small gaming laptop. I'm stuck with what to get, the razer laptops are crazy in price compared to asus prices.
:patrice:

Also the more affordable Acer 4K 144hz but it's hdr400 just dropped in the US -

I’m in the same boat. I’ve bought 2 cards every generation since the 680s. But, every gen the number compatible games lowers and lowers. I used to rock 3 monitors, but had to give that up because no games support it and the mod community stopped supporting the games as well (though 3 of those Acer Nitros would be nice if it worked). I need to give up sli too. It would actually make more sense to buy an RTX Titan than 2 2080tis. :francis:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I’m in the same boat. I’ve bought 2 cards every generation since the 680s. But, every gen the number compatible games lowers and lowers. I used to rock 3 monitors, but had to give that up because no games support it and the mod community stopped supporting the games as well (though 3 of those Acer Nitros would be nice if it worked). I need to give up sli too. It would actually make more sense to buy an RTX Titan than 2 2080tis. :francis:
Exactly I’m not doing this no more. Tried to bfv yesterday, it wasn’t even working. It’s time to give it up completely and load games with zero interruptions or issues, leaving me to check drivers. That money is better suited for other upgrades, sli is beyond dead.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
@Ciggavelli I just reread this (not in motion) You would of bought a rtx titan for the hell of it, there's no difference with gaming. :russ:

3 Nitros :gucci: What are you trying to do with that. SLI 4 RTX Titan still struggle to get 4K between 3 monitors to 100 fps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli I just reread this (not in motion) You would of bought a rtx titan for the hell of it, there's no difference with gaming. :russ:

3 Nitros :gucci: What are you trying to do with that. SLI 4 RTX Titan still struggle to get 4K between 3 monitors to 100 fps

If I had 3 Nitros, I’d play in 3 monitors at 1440p and when a game wouldn’t work with that, I’d play at 4K with the center monitor only. Also, having 3 monitors would be real nice for multitasking. I’ve thought this over :manny:

The thing is, getting 3 Nitros would only cost like $900 more than the 1 Asus 4K 144hz I recently bought. But, I don’t really have the space for 3 monitors on my desk, given that I want my very large Audioengine A5+ bookshelf speakers on the desk and also my rig (as I have a standing desk).

But, if I had the space, it would be a very nice setup. A waste of money, but very nice :wow:

Yeah, the RTX Titan would be a stupid buy..:russ:

I just like overkilling shyt. If money and space were not factors at all, I’d have 3 27” Asus, 4K 144hz monitors. 3 32” monitors is way to big (I’ve thought about this). 3 27” would almost be too big, but it would work. I had 3 25” monitors at one time and it worked, so I think 3 27” should too.

But, I guess at that point, getting that 65” BFGD would cost about the same, so there's that to take into consideration :jbhmm:

I like to play these overkill scenarios in my mind :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Sounds like the grahic card what cpu is it does it have graphics itself? Or is it a bios issue?

Love hard ocp, built my previous 2 server racks off of that place advice.
The only direction you can hate is Intel cheapeness to actually create new products instead of rebuilding on the same platform and Nvidia greed. Everyone who can't see outside of their little box of what once was, are the reason for the lack of competition in the market to cause both of those brands to charge nearly double for their new products.
The only people who are mad are those who want 2080ti performance for 700 dollars but cannot comprehend what happens when one brand dominates a market. They have many choices to choose from. 4K gaming is still a new thing that takes far too much GPU compute for modern graphics to afford and most gamers cannot afford that luxury so what is the point?

The problem with PC gaming is it used to be expensive to truly get into. After buying everything monitor + k&m + rig you were at least 1500 deep for something of decent standard to play 1080p 144hz. Now you can do all of that for 800 dollars. Where consoles now cost so close to lower end pc builds, you get so much more functionality out of a PC. Like @Ciggavelli is saying, it's just a better experience, no one needs the top-end equipment to enjoy. shyt I enjoy playing on my 1080 high refresh rate monitors too. A rx580 or 1060 is more than enough to get enough fps in those games for most gamers. No technology last has long as Pc's too which don't degrade over time like laptops.

The issue with Nvidia and intel pricing is what they are doing to long term buyers who have fed their core. Now someone who was buying i7 and highest grade ti cannot afford to buy the best rig but in most situations like today both are overpowered for regular use-cases with other alternatives. Most people aren't gaming at 4K 120-144hz to justify needing a 2080ti beside future proofing. The Hardocp people are suppose to be mad. They have been shilling and supporting one direction and didn't expect both companies who have shown time and time again they are only in it for their best interest.

I buy intel and nvidia because they sell the best in most gaming function but also support amd because competition is necessary. Most nvidia fans only want amd to release gpu so nvidia can release cheaper cards. They are the direct issue with the computer market in the fashion you are speaking on it; that's their problem. They are still going out and buying 2080ti while whining.

Motherboard was DOA

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yo, @MMA Mo amd @LurkerLost1 have you played Metro Exodus yet? shyt works very well with our 2080ti cards. The game truly has some crazy graphics

Oh, yeah, and @daze23 Metro Exodus has card support on steam, which surprised me a lot. Are you gonna get Exodus on the Epic Store?
yeah, broke down and copped on the Epic store. felt like I sold my soul :francis:

one thing that's cool is you can launch the .exe without Epic running

the game has a dope photo mode, but wack ass Epic can't take screenshots (I can still use Afterburner) :mjlol:

as usual with the Metro games, the benchmark is pretty intensive, and you'll probably get better performance 90% of the time in-game

I'm curious about your impressions of the RTX shyt. I heard this game has a good implementation of ray tracing

game is dope so far. more linear than I thought it would be. and it really feels like a STALKER game

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yeah, broke down and copped on the Epic store. felt like I sold my soul :francis:

one thing that's cool is you can launch the .exe without Epic running

the game has a dope photo mode, but wack ass Epic can't take screenshots (I can still use Afterburner) :mjlol:

as usual with the Metro games, the benchmark is pretty intensive, and you'll probably get better performance 90% of the time in-game

I'm curious about your impressions of the RTX shyt. I heard this game has a good implementation of ray tracing

game is dope so far. more linear than I thought it would be. and it really feels like a STALKER game
Yeah, the RTX shyt is actuallly implemented very well. I can have ray-tracing and DLSS on and get 60fps at “extreme” 4K. I’m very impressed. Ray-Tracing looks very nice on this game. It definitively makes the graphics appear that much more lifelike. DLSS doesn’t appear to be hurting performance at all, unlike other AA. The only issue is that DLSS kinda has this slight blur (kinda like TXAA. When I turn DLSS off, the graphics look very crisp, but performance takes a big hit (I’m thinking it defaults to msaa or something).

But, yeah, Ray-Tracing at “extreme” 4K, 60fps is very impressive

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yo, @MMA Mo amd @LurkerLost1 have you played Metro Exodus yet? shyt works very well with our 2080ti cards. The game truly has some crazy graphics

Oh, yeah, and @daze23 Metro Exodus has card support on steam, which surprised me a lot. Are you gonna get Exodus on the Epic Store?
No, haven't beat my 3 current games so I was going to wait. It's that good with extreme details?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
If I had 3 Nitros, I’d play in 3 monitors at 1440p and when a game wouldn’t work with that, I’d play at 4K with the center monitor only. Also, having 3 monitors would be real nice for multitasking. I’ve thought this over :manny:

The thing is, getting 3 Nitros would only cost like $900 more than the 1 Asus 4K 144hz I recently bought. But, I don’t really have the space for 3 monitors on my desk, given that I want my very large Audioengine A5+ bookshelf speakers on the desk and also my rig (as I have a standing desk).

But, if I had the space, it would be a very nice setup. A waste of money, but very nice :wow:

Yeah, the RTX Titan would be a stupid buy..:russ:

I just like overkilling shyt. If money and space were not factors at all, I’d have 3 27” Asus, 4K 144hz monitors. 3 32” monitors is way to big (I’ve thought about this). 3 27” would almost be too big, but it would work. I had 3 25” monitors at one time and it worked, so I think 3 27” should too.

But, I guess at that point, getting that 65” BFGD would cost about the same, so there's that to take into consideration :jbhmm:

I like to play these overkill scenarios in my mind :manny:
3 - 27 are fine. My exact work setup plus a 43 inch.
You just don't care about blowing money, microcenter has the monitor for 1600 or 1700 breh. I bet you didn't even attempt to check if there was better pricing elsewhere :russ:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No, haven't beat my 3 current games so I was going to wait. It's that good with extreme details?

Yes, it's probably the best game out to show off the 2080ti (no sli of course). 4K, Extreme, DLSS and Ray-tracking at 60fps is crazy. DLSS makes things a bit fuzzy though. This game really is the "Crysis" of this generation. It's got ray-tracking, hairworks, physx particle shyt, etc. The game is worth buying just for the tech demo, honestly :ehh:

3 - 27 are fine. My exact work setup plus a 43 inch.
You just don't care about blowing money, microcenter has the monitor for 1600 or 1700 breh. I bet you didn't even attempt to check if there was better pricing elsewhere :russ:
:russ: Even though I bought it for $1800-something on newegg, I got it with no tax. I think it was $1700 on microcenter last time I checked. Once you add tax, it cost the same as newegg. Microcenter is like in southwest Houston, and I live in north Houston, so it woulda been a 1 hour drive each way. I was lazy and had that shyt delivered to my house instead...:wow: