The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
you might as well get an 580 just to run games in the future decently.
Your budget isn't enough. For all the content creation you want to do you will want 8 cores and 32 gigs of ram (16 is enough for now) also find a cheap rx 580 for under 200 dollars. Whichever card you picked is ovepriced.

I built a desktop a few years ago and have a problem i've never solved. Basically if I turn it off, it'll turn itself on 24 hours later, why?
scheduler problem, this is a google-able fix.

I can't even get this shyt to turn on :mjlol:
Issue?

Transitioning from controller to keyboard & mouse been :snoop:
competitive gaming on k&m is hard to transition you need to learn actually how to practice in this scenarios to get good.

Dell G5 and you'll have to upgrade or add in a ram stick to make it 16gb, if you need help pm me

I'm so trash with a controller now :snoop:

I play Hitman 2 with a controller, but have to use the mouse to snipe :heh:
playing fps with controller :gucci:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
My asus gl702zc dies in an hour without charge, this is why I don't deal with gaming laptops. Imagine if this was your daily driver :mjlol:

Gaming laptop range is weird, I originally bought my book with a rx 580 in it because it outperformed the 1070 version. In the desktop market that would never happen. Might buy a gtx 1080 laptop that's lost value with a better battery life for travel - any suggestion. I need to see if RTX 2060 laptops have gsync, high hz, and better battery life . I should try a razer book than another asus. :patrice:

Edit: These prices for a rtx 2060 laptop are insane, it's not even worth it. :gucci:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My asus gl702zc dies in an hour without charge, this is why I don't deal with gaming laptops. Imagine if this was your daily driver :mjlol:

Gaming laptop range is weird, I originally bought my book with a rx 580 in it because it outperformed the 1070 version. In the desktop market that would never happen. Might buy a gtx 1080 laptop that's lost value with a better battery life for travel - any suggestion. I need to see if RTX 2060 laptops have gsync, high hz, and better battery life . I should try a razer book than another asus. :patrice:

Edit: These prices for a rtx 2060 laptop are insane, it's not even worth it. :gucci:
Glad to be a console gamer. The GPU market is pure fukkery smh. I have a capable PC, but won't even bother .

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I’ve contemplated buying a Razer laptop more than a few times.

This looks nice:

The All New Razer Blade - World's Smallest 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Glad to be a console gamer. The GPU market is pure fukkery smh. I have a capable PC, but won't even bother .
Breh what? I'm talking about laptops. Desktop market is perfectly fine and the best it has been in ages.
Cheap monitors, cheap good gpu, cheap cpu + paired motherboards, different designs, cool materials from top end and bottom end. Only thing that is wary is ram cost too but it's around 10-25% of what it used to be.
You can build a CAD, Film production build for under 1K now and even a gaming PC that can push 1080p at 144hz for like 650 now. We can play at all resolutions in high refresh rate now. It's a great year in PC gaming.

I’ve contemplated buying a Razer laptop more than a few times.

This looks nice:

The All New Razer Blade - World's Smallest 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop
Thanks, I'll take a look. It looks good and it's around the size I want. Price went to 2300 with rtx 2060. :damn:

Asus offers similar spec for 1700 but not including how small that is

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Breh what? I'm talking about laptops. Desktop market is perfectly fine and the best it has been in ages.
Cheap monitors, cheap good gpu, cheap cpu + paired motherboards, different designs, cool materials from top end and bottom end. Only thing that is wary is ram cost too but it's around 10-25% of what it used to be.
You can build a CAD, Film production build for under 1K now and even a gaming PC that can push 1080p at 144hz for like 650 now. We can play at all resolutions in high refresh rate now. It's a great year in PC gaming.

Thanks, I'll take a look. It looks good and it's around the size I want. Price went to 2300 with rtx 2060. :damn:

Asus offers similar spec for 1700 but not including how small that is
You say how good it is, everything I read and hear is nonsense. AMD underperforms, Nvidia overcharged, for a new feature that barely works at acceptable framerates, gouging. All I see is foolery. If you like it, cool, but I'm good:hubie:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
You say how good it is, everything I read and hear is nonsense. AMD underperforms, Nvidia overcharged, for a new feature that barely works at acceptable framerates, gouging. All I see is foolery. If you like it, cool, but I'm good:hubie:
Not to be rude but you have no idea what you are talking about. Current state of PC gaming is the best it has been in over a decade. Anyone and everyone can find a budget or high end system with several different kind of monitor options with all kinds of keyboards and mouses. You can customize your pc without having to do weird mods that require craftman skills. Yes Raytracing in current performance is bullshyt, yes nvidia is overcharging, yes amd underperforms at tier levels compared to Intel but cost less so the more you spend it usually offers better performance than Intel counterpart - and the difference are so small a regular human eye can't tell the different.

I don't like the console and pc debate but it's still not even close. shyt the best console (xbox one x) is basically becoming a pc in itself. Nothing compares to keyboard and mouse and everyone knows that, also high refresh rate too, adaptive sync.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Your budget isn't enough. For all the content creation you want to do you will want 8 cores and 32 gigs of ram (16 is enough for now) also find a cheap rx 580 for under 200 dollars. Whichever card you picked is ovepriced.

scheduler problem, this is a google-able fix.

Issue?

competitive gaming on k&m is hard to transition you need to learn actually how to practice in this scenarios to get good.

Dell G5 and you'll have to upgrade or add in a ram stick to make it 16gb, if you need help pm me

playing fps with controller :gucci:

VGA Led is showing on motherboard with no display. I've unplugged the CPU and plugged everything back in with no luck reseated CPU and the same.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

Ain't no way I'm doing any competitive gaming until I get used to this shyt:hubie:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not to be rude but you have no idea what you are talking about. Current state of PC gaming is the best it has been in over a decade. Anyone and everyone can find a budget or high end system with several different kind of monitor options with all kinds of keyboards and mouses. You can customize your pc without having to do weird mods that require craftman skills. Yes Raytracing in current performance is bullshyt, yes nvidia is overcharging, yes amd underperforms at tier levels compared to Intel but cost less so the more you spend it usually offers better performance than Intel counterpart - and the difference are so small a regular human eye can't tell the different.

I don't like the console and pc debate but it's still not even close. shyt the best console (xbox one x) is basically becoming a pc in itself. Nothing compares to keyboard and mouse and everyone knows that, also high refresh rate too, adaptive sync.
No offense taken, but you and @Ciggavelli (when shyt is working) are the only people I see on any regular basis who feel positive about the direction PC gaming is going. You two also happen to be some of the few who are dedicated, and have no reservations in spending WILD bread (and time) on your rigs. I am on HardOCP more or less every day, and those are the kind of people they cater to, and they all pretty much hate the direction. It's not even about console vs PC, I just don't feel it. There are a plethora of reasons, I just mentioned the GPU market because it related to the current topic. You yourself in the post I quoted were complaining.

Oochie Wally :hula:One Mic

Perspective plays a role, I guess, but I stand by what I said.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No offense taken, but you and @Ciggavelli (when shyt is working) are the only people I see on any regular basis who feel positive about the direction PC gaming is going. You two also happen to be some of the few who are dedicated, and have no reservations in spending WILD bread (and time) on your rigs. I am on HardOCP more or less every day, and those are the kind of people they cater to, and they all pretty much hate the direction. It's not even about console vs PC, I just don't feel it. There are a plethora of reasons, I just mentioned the GPU market because it related to the current topic. You yourself in the post I quoted were complaining.

Oochie Wally :hula:One Mic

Perspective plays a role, I guess, but I stand by what I said.
I gotta say, I do see the pc market as better than it has ever been this console generation. The end of a console generation is normally goat for pc gamers. The last end cycle I was rocking 3 monitors, very high, 45fps+ shyt was wildly better than the PS3 and 360 at the time.

Now, like @MMA Mo said, we’re rocking 4K, 100fps+ at ultra, which is wildly better than the PS4pro or X1X. Plus, we got VR, which has always been a dream of mine to have.

Also, I don’t think the $1200 for a 2080ti is that crazy, given that I previously bought Titan Cards for $1200 in previous gpu generations.

Also, I do spend a crazy amount of money on tech (not just PC shyt either).

PC gaming is a nice hobby. I’m really glad i liquid cooled everything with hard tubing. That was a fun experience, and my new rig has pretty much everything I’d ever want in a pc. So, I’m very happy with that, but I do understand that biases me :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I gotta say, I do see the pc market as better than it has ever been this console generation. The end of a console generation is normally goat for pc gamers. The last end cycle I was rocking 3 monitors, very high, 45fps+ shyt was wildly better than the PS3 and 360 at the time.

Now, like @MMA Mo said, we’re rocking 4K, 100fps+ at ultra, which is wildly better than the PS4pro or X1X. Plus, we got VR, which has always been a dream of mine to have.

Also, I don’t think the $1200 for a 2080ti is that crazy, given that I previously bought Titan Cards for $1200 in previous gpu generations.

Also, I do spend a crazy amount of money on tech (not just PC shyt either).

PC gaming is a nice hobby. I’m really glad i liquid cooled everything with hard tubing. That was a fun experience, and my new rig has pretty much everything I’d ever want in a pc. So, I’m very happy with that, but I do understand that biases me :yeshrug:
I never knocked it. I spend a ton of money and time on other things. I just said it wasn't for me. I fix, install and deal with people's computers (and various forms of user error :francis:) all day. I could build a rig blindfolded (built mine and my wife's), but I don't feel like dealing with most of that at home. I'm also tech support for my family :beli:

Edit: Also, you are the ONLY person I come across that isn't heated at current GPU prices, especially considering the lack of performance jump per dollar.