The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
VGA Led is showing on motherboard with no display. I've unplugged the CPU and plugged everything back in with no luck reseated CPU and the same.
Sounds like the grahic card what cpu is it does it have graphics itself? Or is it a bios issue?

No offense taken, but you and @Ciggavelli (when shyt is working) are the only people I see on any regular basis who feel positive about the direction PC gaming is going. You two also happen to be some of the few who are dedicated, and have no reservations in spending WILD bread (and time) on your rigs. I am on HardOCP more or less every day, and those are the kind of people they cater to, and they all pretty much hate the direction. It's not even about console vs PC, I just don't feel it. There are a plethora of reasons, I just mentioned the GPU market because it related to the current topic. You yourself in the post I quoted were complaining.

Oochie Wally :hula:One Mic

Perspective plays a role, I guess, but I stand by what I said.
Love hard ocp, built my previous 2 server racks off of that place advice.
The only direction you can hate is Intel cheapeness to actually create new products instead of rebuilding on the same platform and Nvidia greed. Everyone who can't see outside of their little box of what once was, are the reason for the lack of competition in the market to cause both of those brands to charge nearly double for their new products.
The only people who are mad are those who want 2080ti performance for 700 dollars but cannot comprehend what happens when one brand dominates a market. They have many choices to choose from. 4K gaming is still a new thing that takes far too much GPU compute for modern graphics to afford and most gamers cannot afford that luxury so what is the point?

The problem with PC gaming is it used to be expensive to truly get into. After buying everything monitor + k&m + rig you were at least 1500 deep for something of decent standard to play 1080p 144hz. Now you can do all of that for 800 dollars. Where consoles now cost so close to lower end pc builds, you get so much more functionality out of a PC. Like @Ciggavelli is saying, it's just a better experience, no one needs the top-end equipment to enjoy. shyt I enjoy playing on my 1080 high refresh rate monitors too. A rx580 or 1060 is more than enough to get enough fps in those games for most gamers. No technology last has long as Pc's too which don't degrade over time like laptops.

I never knocked it. I spend a ton of money and time on other things. I just said it wasn't for me. I fix, install and deal with people's computers (and various forms of user error :francis:) all day. I could build a rig blindfolded (built mine and my wife's), but I don't feel like dealing with most of that at home. I'm also tech support for my family :beli:

Edit: Also, you are the ONLY person I come across that isn't heated at current GPU prices, especially considering the lack of performance jump per dollar.
The issue with Nvidia and intel pricing is what they are doing to long term buyers who have fed their core. Now someone who was buying i7 and highest grade ti cannot afford to buy the best rig but in most situations like today both are overpowered for regular use-cases with other alternatives. Most people aren't gaming at 4K 120-144hz to justify needing a 2080ti beside future proofing. The Hardocp people are suppose to be mad. They have been shilling and supporting one direction and didn't expect both companies who have shown time and time again they are only in it for their best interest.

I buy intel and nvidia because they sell the best in most gaming function but also support amd because competition is necessary. Most nvidia fans only want amd to release gpu so nvidia can release cheaper cards. They are the direct issue with the computer market in the fashion you are speaking on it; that's their problem. They are still going out and buying 2080ti while whining.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sounds like the grahic card what cpu is it does it have graphics itself? Or is it a bios issue?

Love hard ocp, built my previous 2 server racks off of that place advice.
The only direction you can hate is Intel cheapeness to actually create new products instead of rebuilding on the same platform and Nvidia greed. Everyone who can't see outside of their little box of what once was, are the reason for the lack of competition in the market to cause both of those brands to charge nearly double for their new products.
The only people who are mad are those who want 2080ti performance for 700 dollars but cannot comprehend what happens when one brand dominates a market. They have many choices to choose from. 4K gaming is still a new thing that takes far too much GPU compute for modern graphics to afford and most gamers cannot afford that luxury so what is the point?

The problem with PC gaming is it used to be expensive to truly get into. After buying everything monitor + k&m + rig you were at least 1500 deep for something of decent standard to play 1080p 144hz. Now you can do all of that for 800 dollars. Where consoles now cost so close to lower end pc builds, you get so much more functionality out of a PC. Like @Ciggavelli is saying, it's just a better experience, no one needs the top-end equipment to enjoy. shyt I enjoy playing on my 1080 high refresh rate monitors too. A rx580 or 1060 is more than enough to get enough fps in those games for most gamers. No technology last has long as Pc's too which don't degrade over time like laptops.

The issue with Nvidia and intel pricing is what they are doing to long term buyers who have fed their core. Now someone who was buying i7 and highest grade ti cannot afford to buy the best rig but in most situations like today both are overpowered for regular use-cases with other alternatives. Most people aren't gaming at 4K 120-144hz to justify needing a 2080ti beside future proofing. The Hardocp people are suppose to be mad. They have been shilling and supporting one direction and didn't expect both companies who have shown time and time again they are only in it for their best interest.

I buy intel and nvidia because they sell the best in most gaming function but also support amd because competition is necessary. Most nvidia fans only want amd to release gpu so nvidia can release cheaper cards. They are the direct issue with the computer market in the fashion you are speaking on it; that's their problem. They are still going out and buying 2080ti while whining.
I get all of this. Again, just my preference. I simply choose not to engage in the fukkery:manny:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Your budget isn't enough. For all the content creation you want to do you will want 8 cores and 32 gigs of ram (16 is enough for now) also find a cheap rx 580 for under 200 dollars. Whichever card you picked is ovepriced.

scheduler problem, this is a google-able fix.

Issue?

competitive gaming on k&m is hard to transition you need to learn actually how to practice in this scenarios to get good.

Dell G5 and you'll have to upgrade or add in a ram stick to make it 16gb, if you need help pm me

playing fps with controller :gucci:

Thanks for the help my man. Is the G5 the better laptop performance wise? Also I'm still a bit of novice with changing parts, is it difficult to change the RAM?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You say how good it is, everything I read and hear is nonsense. AMD underperforms, Nvidia overcharged, for a new feature that barely works at acceptable framerates, gouging. All I see is foolery. If you like it, cool, but I'm good:hubie:
you seem to be confusing internet doom and gloom with reality :heh:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you seem to be confusing internet doom and gloom with reality :heh:
No, I don't value bleeding edge graphics enough to feel like I got beat. My machine was built for music production and other work. For games, I'm good with my XB1X and my OLED. I can afford all of that shyt, don't feel it's worth it:manny:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Unrelated but related to this thread:

What do you guys think of this chair?

Or any other recommendations? Looking for something that has features like padded armrests, footrests, recline features, and adjusted backrest, not like a smooth one piece but like how this one looks to be with different grooves and whatnot.

Trying to get myself a birthday gift and originally was gonna get a jacket but with the weather here not really getting too cold, I could use this much more instead.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Or any other recommendations? Looking for something that has features like padded armrests, footrests, recline features, and adjusted backrest, not like a smooth one piece but like how this one looks to be with different grooves and whatnot.

Trying to get myself a birthday gift and originally was gonna get a jacket but with the weather here not really getting too cold, I could use this much more instead.

Looks nice, but it's hard to tell until you sit in it. I usually go to Office Depot or an office furniture store and try chairs out

Pitentmf

Pro
Daps

Depends on how long you plan on sitting in it. From my experience, the padding tends to flatten after a certain amount of time.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Depends on how long you plan on sitting in it. From my experience, the padding tends to flatten after a certain amount of time.
Is that in general? Maybe just a few hours a day. I don't work at home or spend long hours at my computer unless it's like a random weekend. I saw this other one that looked nice too.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
just got a new pc built from ibuypower
31OJBlg.gif

we here now :blessed:

Pitentmf

Pro
Daps
Is that in general? Maybe just a few hours a day. I don't work at home or spend long hours at my computer unless it's like a random weekend. I saw this other one that looked nice too.

Yes. Also take into account your weight. I've had my chair about six to eight years and it's similar to that with similar price point. The fake leather peels after awhile and the chair starts looking like trash, even before the pad starts flattening. My next chair will be mesh.

I also suggest stopping by Staples or somewhere similar to actually sit, twist, tilt in the chair because some of the backs of these chairs sit in a certain way that is uncomfortable depending on height.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yes. Also take into account your weight. I've had my chair about six to eight years and it's similar to that with similar price point. The fake leather peels after awhile and the chair starts looking like trash, even before the pad starts flattening. My next chair will be mesh.

I also suggest stopping by Staples or somewhere similar to actually sit, twist, tilt in the chair because some of the backs of these chairs sit in a certain way that is uncomfortable depending on height.

Yeah I feel you. I'm short, per coli standards, and under 200. But yeah definitely wanna go this weekend and see what's out there and test some of them out.