The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally put the water in my rig. fukking leaks everywhere :dead:

I got it working now though. I'm gonna keep the pump on for a few hours, if no leaks, I'm starting that shyt up :lupe:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
just got a 50% off coupon for Frostpunk. anyone try that game?

One of the best games released in the last few years...you have to do a lot of micromanaging on any settings past easy...but once you get the hang of it:wow:

50% off is a no brainer you should buy it...

One of those games that has so much fukkery in it that if the coli was really up on it, it would have it's own thread like this shadow of war threads when those games come out :mjlol:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
First boot. It posts :win:

9x3KVfM.jpg

More pics and a video later :lupe:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Holy shyt. :wow:

My setup is so fukking ridiculous. :damn:

fukk cooling gpus by air. Never again :camby:

Running a bunch of stress tests now. :lupe:

Did you get reference cards...

I got some reference 1080 ti's that I thought I wouldn't like but since they are blower style they hardly ever get above 68% even under full load

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Did you get reference cards...

I got some reference 1080 ti's that I thought I wouldn't like but since they are blower style they hardly ever get above 68% even under full load
Yeah I have reference 2080tis (what Nvidia calls the founders edition). I put them under water, and with no unclock they don’t even reach 45c in full load in 3D Mark :damn:. I’m gonna overclock them tonight or tomorrow. I didn’t know that water was that much better than air, but shyt. No fan noise either :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
2 questions before I do a deep dive:

1) My power settings will not save. I set the monitor to go off after 10 minutes, and to never go to sleep, and then it will work for one session (10 minutes and the monitor goes off), but as soon as I wake the monitor up, the settings revert back to 1 hour to put the monitor off and 2 hours to sleep. I reset the computer, put in the settings under power options and then it works for 1 session and then reverts back. Is this a mobo/bios issue, or is it a windows 10 issue? :jbhmm:

2). I tried using afterburner’s oc scanner option to overclock my gpus. Problem is, when I scan and then test, afterburner does not retain the curve. I’m assuming I’m just fukking something up (unless this is somehow related to my power options problem too :patrice:). Anybody overclocked their gpus with Afterburner’s OC scanner? If so, do you have a good guide?

Typical new PC shyt I guess. :ld:

Edit: I think my power options shyt is related to my monitor. The monitor goes to sleep and then can’t wake up. I unplug the monitor and then plug it in again and the computer wakes up just fine. Why that happens I dunno. I guess I’ll try my other monitor and see what’s up :francis:

Last edited:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yeah I have reference 2080tis (what Nvidia calls the founders edition). I put them under water, and with no unclock they don’t even reach 45c in full load in 3D Mark :damn:. I’m gonna overclock them tonight or tomorrow. I didn’t know that water was that much better than air, but shyt. No fan noise either :blessed:
I was wondering about that. So liquid cooling is silent?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was wondering about that. So liquid cooling is silent?
No, you still have fans for the reservoirs, so there's noise there. But, it is substantially less loud (substantially :wow:). GPU fans are the loudest fans in your PC, so not having those at all really makes it a very quiet machine.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
2 questions before I do a deep dive:

1) My power settings will not save. I set the monitor to go off after 10 minutes, and to never go to sleep, and then it will work for one session (10 minutes and the monitor goes off), but as soon as I wake the monitor up, the settings revert back to 1 hour to put the monitor off and 2 hours to sleep. I reset the computer, put in the settings under power options and then it works for 1 session and then reverts back. Is this a mobo/bios issue, or is it a windows 10 issue? :jbhmm:

2). I tried using afterburner’s oc scanner option to overclock my gpus. Problem is, when I scan and then test, afterburner does not retain the curve. I’m assuming I’m just fukking something up (unless this is somehow related to my power options problem too :patrice:). Anybody overclocked their gpus with Afterburner’s OC scanner? If so, do you have a good guide?

Typical new PC shyt I guess. :ld:

Edit: I think my power options shyt is related to my monitor. The monitor goes to sleep and then can’t wake up. I unplug the monitor and then plug it in again and the computer wakes up just fine. Why that happens I dunno. I guess I’ll try my other monitor and see what’s up :francis:

Number one could be a combination of both. If you got version 1709 or later of windows 10 you might have to go into advanced power settings by clicking "changed advanced power settings" where it has advanced power and sleep options. Sometimes you have to change them in there as just changing the "put compute to sleep" options and stuff like that won't work. Also check your bios settings and make sure it's not set up in bios to sleep. When I upgraded the bios on my gaming rig late last year I had the same problem, i set my pc to never sleep or turn the monitor off and it would do both. Turns out while I had everything set up right in windows 10 the bios update enabled some sleep options in bios, even though after I did the update I set it to default settings where they are off. Turned off the bios sleep options and haven't had a problem since...