The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got this RTX 2080 ti and now I don't really need the Xbox One X anymore. I'm using the Xbox controller on my PC plugged up to my TV and it looks better and since the Xbox by definition doesn't really have games not on the PC I'm not so sure about even keeping an Xbox console anymore.

Next generation I could just be PC, PS, and Nintendo.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got a situation I need a network connection expert on. So we have some arris router and eero device that my dad got. Router has one Ethernet port that the eero is connected to and then the eero has devices around the house. It's a Wi-Fi extender if I'm correct. It also has an Ethernet port that my brother is running a cable to for his firestick or fire tv or whatever he has. Anyways my mom got some new light switch thing and is all crazy now about controlling the lights with the phone. Problem is I don't have any Ethernet ports to connect a smart hub to. I got a smart things hub that's not being used cuz of that.

So can I just buy an Ethernet switch or something to connect more Ethernet ports to my router or should I just buy a new router and keep the one we have for myself for future purposes?

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Got a situation I need a network connection expert on. So we have some arris router and eero device that my dad got. Router has one Ethernet port that the eero is connected to and then the eero has devices around the house. It's a Wi-Fi extender if I'm correct. It also has an Ethernet port that my brother is running a cable to for his firestick or fire tv or whatever he has. Anyways my mom got some new light switch thing and is all crazy now about controlling the lights with the phone. Problem is I don't have any Ethernet ports to connect a smart hub to. I got a smart things hub that's not being used cuz of that.

So can I just buy an Ethernet switch or something to connect more Ethernet ports to my router or should I just buy a new router and keep the one we have for myself for future purposes?
Either a switch or new router with more ethernet ports works. Compare prices and features for what works best for you.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

TP-Link TL-SG108 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch $18 + Free Shipping

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I got this RTX 2080 ti and now I don't really need the Xbox One X anymore. I'm using the Xbox controller on my PC plugged up to my TV and it looks better and since the Xbox by definition doesn't really have games not on the PC I'm not so sure about even keeping an Xbox console anymore.

Next generation I could just be PC, PS, and Nintendo.

I just use my Xbox one for Xbox 360 titles. And once an emulator that solid comes out for the 360, I’m probsbly just going to throw that bytch away.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Anyone know how good the surface pro series touch screen is? I wanna Ipad/Laptop replacement for convenient browsing on a huge screen. Ipad is goat for responsiveness, maybe looking at one of the i5 surface pro's 4 :ehh: I'm reading that these may get hot though and that's a big no-no.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Anyone mess with a tablet? I got an old asus infinity, the tf700 one and I had to erase the data cuz it kept restarting. It's no longer being serviced so it's got an old os. I was thinking of getting a new one. Anyone mess with the fire hd ones? They looked decent and affordable. Would get a galaxy s4 or surface Pro but see no need in spending like $700 on a tablet that is gonna do mostly the same thing. Just need it to watch Netflix, read books on kindle and just random fun stuff. Nothing too powerful cuz I have my pc for that.