The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Number one could be a combination of both. If you got version 1709 or later of windows 10 you might have to go into advanced power settings by clicking "changed advanced power settings" where it has advanced power and sleep options. Sometimes you have to change them in there as just changing the "put compute to sleep" options and stuff like that won't work. Also check your bios settings and make sure it's not set up in bios to sleep. When I upgraded the bios on my gaming rig late last year I had the same problem, i set my pc to never sleep or turn the monitor off and it would do both. Turns out while I had everything set up right in windows 10 the bios update enabled some sleep options in bios, even though after I did the update I set it to default settings where they are off. Turned off the bios sleep options and haven't had a problem since...
Thanks, I’ll check it out :cheers:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
RGB'd the fukk out :hubie:

n7iCmFx.jpg

Video hopefully soon (I gotta tidy up a bit :ld: )
:ohhh:

:ehh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The number of pc game online stores and their exclusives is getting out of hand. We have Steam, Origin, Ubisoft, Windows Store, Battle.net, and Epic games. So we got to have a minimum of 6 applications to use if we wanna play all of the latest games? :camby:

I bought Metro Exodus today on Steam, just so I wasn’t forced to use Epic’s storefront. I paid $10 extra for the privilege.

This splintering of games across 6 different stores is making me envious of the consoles and their 1 storefront and done situation.

Supposedly competition is good for consumers. Well, maybe if the games were available on all the stores, that would be the case. As we have it now, store exclusives are not making anything cheaper (minus Metro Exodus). It’s just frustrating gamers. It’s only gonna get worse in the future :francis:

Last edited:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
If I build something under a rack how long will that last me?

Including monitors keyboards etc

Just purchase piece by piece what you really want and don't cut yourself short.

If your credit is halfway decent you could just go to ibuypower and finance whatever you want and pay it off by the end of the year.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
One of the best games released in the last few years...you have to do a lot of micromanaging on any settings past easy...but once you get the hang of it:wow:

50% off is a no brainer you should buy it...

One of those games that has so much fukkery in it that if the coli was really up on it, it would have it's own thread like this shadow of war threads when those games come out :mjlol:
What game are you talking about?

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
After doing some research I'm going with the below. Going to buy all this today then pick up a case etc next month as I'm currently in the process of moving

CPU Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK AM4 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
1tb SSD
Corsair VS550 550 W Active PFC 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply
Unit
32gb ram

Any advice on a mid tier GPU I'm primarily a console gamer but just fancy some new shyt to be honest. I prefer to buy things outright I don't really do credit so...

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After doing some research I'm going with the below. Going to buy all this today then pick up a case etc next month as I'm currently in the process of moving

CPU Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK AM4 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
1tb SSD
Corsair VS550 550 W Active PFC 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply
Unit
32gb ram

Any advice on a mid tier GPU I'm primarily a console gamer but just fancy some new shyt to be honest. I prefer to buy things outright I don't really do credit so...
If you're building for a 1000 budget including monitor and keyboard i wouldn't go for 32 gb ram or 1tb ssd. That will eat up too much of your budget. 16 gb ram and a smalller ssd paired with for example a WD blue 1tb hard drive will be fine. You can always get more ssd storage later.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
If you're building for a 1000 budget including monitor and keyboard i wouldn't go for 32 gb ram or 1tb ssd. That will eat up too much of your budget. 16 gb ram and a smalller ssd paired with for example a WD blue 1tb hard drive will be fine. You can always get more ssd storage later.

Monitor/keyboards etc I may be able to charge to my company so not to worried about that to be honest. I have an old iMac (8+ years old) and work laptop which I use for work so doubt I will be using the computer for productivity so may take your advice breh.

Think I'm going to go with a

Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Monitor/keyboards etc I may be able to charge to my company so not to worried about that to be honest. I have an old iMac (8+ years old) and work laptop which I use for work so doubt I will be using the computer for productivity so may take your advice breh.

Think I'm going to go with a

Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card
Nah, get a 2060. 16 gigs of RAM is fine for gaming. Get a 250gb SSD boot drive and pair it with a WD black HDD drive.