The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Jensen is talking so much about game development.. and not actual gaming :sas2:

I said it Nvidia wants to keep their foot in the game with developers keeping them intact

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
https://gizmodo.com/hps-65-inch-hdr-gaming-monitor-with-g-sync-looks-specta-1831489823
Nvidia’s first 65-inch 4K HDR gaming display arrives in February for $4,999

$5K
G-sync 120hz
Display port connection

:lupe:

I don't have the space for one of these, 65" is too big for a monitor on a desk, but if I had an office that I turned into a PC room, shyt would be so nice. I'd hang the TV up on a wall, and then have the desk be like 10' away. shyt would be :noah:
No HDMI 2.1 no buy.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Jensen Juelzing Juelsening to say they are going to enable Freesync with their products :dead::dead::dead:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
The 2060 is more powerful than my current card and launching at a price point nearly $100 cheaper :lupe:

There has to be a catch; otherwise, I’ll def be copping just for the price point alone.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nvidia Announces G-Sync Coming to Some FreeSync Monitors - CES 2019 - IGN

If only that super ultrawide samsung 49" freesync 1440p monitor was on the list. Maybe in the future? :sadcam:

I might just buy that Samsung anyway. 120hz will still work, and I can put on v-sync, right? I mean on paper, if I could lock the fps at 120, there would be no tearing, right? :patrice:

I'm more excited about that Sammy than any other new monitor at CES (unless a 32" 4K, 144hz G-sync is yet to be announced)

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nvidia Announces G-Sync Coming to Some FreeSync Monitors - CES 2019 - IGN

If only that super ultrawide samsung 49" freesync 1440p monitor was on the list. Maybe in the future? :sadcam:

I might just buy that Samsung anyway. 120hz will still work, and I can put on v-sync, right? I mean on paper, if I could lock the fps at 120, there would be no tearing, right? :patrice:

I'm more excited about that Sammy than any other new monitor at CES (unless a 32" 4K, 144hz G-sync is yet to be announced)

I believe you can manually enable FreeSync, those are just the tested and certified models that are listed

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I believe you can manually enable FreeSync, those are just the tested and certified models that are listed
Yeah, I looked into that briefly today. Apparently, if you start with an AMD card in your system, enable freesync, take the AMD card out and then put in your Nvidia card, it should work. I briefly considered just buying a cheap AMD card and doing that, but it’s more trouble than it’s worth (I gotta take out all my hard tubing, which would be a big pain in my ass :francis:).

I’m hoping as long as I’m always at 120fps, that Samsung would do me well. If it comes out soon, I’ll just run to Fry’s and test it out on my shyt. I can then easily return it if I don’t like what I see. :ld:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, I looked into that briefly today. Apparently, if you start with an AMD card in your system, enable freesync, take the AMD card out and then put in your Nvidia card, it should work. I briefly considered just buying a cheap AMD card and doing that, but it’s more trouble than it’s worth (I gotta take out all my hard tubing, which would be a big pain in my ass :francis:).

I’m hoping as long as I’m always at 120fps, that Samsung would do me well. If it comes out soon, I’ll just run to Fry’s and test it out on my shyt. I can then easily return it if I don’t like what I see. :ld:

Nah, you don't need a AMD GPU

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
AnxiousFrigidFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

:dead:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Need some help from the PC heads. Running WIN 7 Ultimate 64bit with a Gigabyte 1060 6gb card, 12gb Ram, AMD Phenon II chip.

I have (2) 1080p Dell monitors, I just added a Samsung 4K tv (50"). Primary display is on Dell #1, when I set the Samsung to it's native 4K resolution in the Nvidia settings I lose my desktop icons on my primary display, when I set it to 1080 they are on back on the desktop.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Criticize Nvidia's prices and watch them try to shaft your outlet.

That's kinda disgusting.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Happy to see they didn't give us Navi now, it doesn't make sense with the rx 590 launch.

Vega 2 is basically a 1080ti from AMD and it's a year too late. Price point is right, selling at 500-600 will not force more people to choose AMD over Nvidia unless it's half the price. Might buy one if I can't get the Nvidia freesync to work currently on my TV. But if Nvidia can perfect rtx 2080 with freesync monitor. There's no reason for people to buy Vega 2 over the 2080

I need to do more research (anymore info is appreciated) on how this freesync nvidia stuff works especially if I can hook up my main gaming rig to my freesync tv now. I'll take 40% more performance than deal with vega 64's in 4K any longer.
---------------------------------

Rumors seem to be true that AMD can possibly put 16 cores on the AMD socket, I don't believe they should yet. Just like affordable Navi should come later in the year or early next year. They need to focus more on frequency than more cores on a chip. The only more cores we should see on chips are vega chips for better APU's. They should attempt to target the 1080 60hz market for gamers who can't afford an additionally graphic card.

Criticize Nvidia's prices and watch them try to shaft your outlet.

That's kinda disgusting.

This is what happens when you control a certain product market :manny:

I recall GN trying to get Linus to start a reviewer protection for fair treatment of distribution of products.

Last edited: