The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have a 3570K, is it even worth upgrading my setup/motherboard...?

I need something that is a beast at multi-media/video editing. I build this PC like 6 years ago
:flabbynsick:

I don't even think I can move to an i7 processor on this motherboard that will make sense

:francis:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I have a 3570K, is it even worth upgrading my setup/motherboard...?

I need something that is a beast at multi-media/video editing. I build this PC like 6 years ago

I don't even think I can move to an i7 processor on this motherboard that will make sense

:francis:
you could try to find an i7 3770K. but I think you'd be better off upgrading to a new CPU and mobo

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:lupe:

The problem with monitors like that is that you gotta have another 16:9 monitor for when a game doesn't do such a wide aspect ratio. I have a 34" Dell 1440p ultra wide and it's nice, but I can't stand playing 16:9 games on it (and it's only 60hz). When FlawlessWidescreen was still being updated, it wasn't an issue (and neither was 3 monitor gaming, which I was very into for several years). I'd love to play games at 1440p ultra widescreen (even ultra, ultra wide like the Samsung), but I know it's gonna piss me off like 75% of the time. Still very tempting. If that samsung 49" was g-sync though, I'd buy it today. Having that much of a wide aspect ratio would be similar to my old three monitor days. The best gaming experiences that I've ever had were when I could play a game in 3 monitors. There is nothing more immersive, not even VR is that immersive (with the tunnel vision). Having all of your peripheral vision filled with monitors is godly. :wow: I'd pay a pretty penny if that experience was available today. If FlawlessWidscreen was still around, it would be possible. But the creator, and just about everybody else, stopped updating the software or stopped modding games to play ultra-wide. It's a pipe dream, but if it worked still, nothing beats it :blessed:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you could try to find an i7 3770K. but I think you'd be better off upgrading to a new CPU and mobo
That's what I'm thinking too. I looked at my options with this Mobo in terms of upgrading the CPU a while ago and all signs point to me having to build a new machine essentially

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not throw it in the bushes but for what you want to do, go with Ryzen and you can easily upgrade to Zen 2 in the future.
About to hit up youtube now and do some nerd ass research on a Friday afternoon

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I bought one of those 10TB Easystore drives from Best Buy for $170 last night. I shucked it and it's in my PC. Trying to transfer my DVR recordings to it and it's been 5 hours and only 50% done. Keeps dipping down to 100MB/s.

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

MMA

Superstar
Daps
https://gizmodo.com/hps-65-inch-hdr-gaming-monitor-with-g-sync-looks-specta-1831489823
Nvidiaโ€™s first 65-inch 4K HDR gaming display arrives in February for $4,999

$5K
G-sync 120hz
Display port connection

I don't have the space for one of these, 65" is too big for a monitor on a desk, but if I had an office that I turned into a PC room, shyt would be so nice. I'd hang the TV up on a wall, and then have the desk be like 10' away. shyt would be :noah:
I thought Asus was creating the display, looks like it will be created by Asus, Acer and HP :ohhh:

Only would recommend you buy it if you are using it has a TV display and a gaming display with a wireless controller or corsair k63 wireless. I use mine (see below) for games like darksider 3, assassin creed and monster hunter.

I have both the 65 nu8000 and 55 q6fn - one in the bedroom, one in the basement. Both have freesync enabled for pc and xbox one x gaming. They are much cheaper than that display.

5K is insane, especially because there is no other use-case outside of a gaming pc with it unlike the xbox and future ps5 which will all have freesync attached

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Throw Intel in the bushes?
Wait until CES to see what new chips are coming out from AMD, idk why everyone is building rigs now knowing it's right around the corner.

The problem with monitors like that is that you gotta have another 16:9 monitor for when a game doesn't do such a wide aspect ratio. I have a 34" Dell 1440p ultra wide and it's nice, but I can't stand playing 16:9 games on it (and it's only 60hz). When FlawlessWidescreen was still being updated, it wasn't an issue (and neither was 3 monitor gaming, which I was very into for several years). I'd love to play games at 1440p ultra widescreen (even ultra, ultra wide like the Samsung), but I know it's gonna piss me off like 75% of the time. Still very tempting. If that samsung 49" was g-sync though, I'd buy it today. Having that much of a wide aspect ratio would be similar to my old three monitor days. The best gaming experiences that I've ever had were when I could play a game in 3 monitors. There is nothing more immersive, not even VR is that immersive (with the tunnel vision). Having all of your peripheral vision filled with monitors is godly. :wow: I'd pay a pretty penny if that experience was available today. If FlawlessWidscreen was still around, it would be possible. But the creator, and just about everybody else, stopped updating the software or stopped modding games to play ultra-wide. It's a pipe dream, but if it worked still, nothing beats it :blessed:
True, I still do find the 38 inch very immersive but can't deny the 49 inch is something else
too bad I have no real use-case for one :mjcry: too wide to even use in the office. I am getting away from multi-monitor setups.

Last edited: