The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's what PCs are now all out in the open? I thought my case being mostly tempered glass was bad.
The case actually has tempered glass over the sides, but yeah, it's an open case design. Those types of cases are becoming more popular. I think they look really nice, so that's why I went with one. Although, dust will be an issue, so you gotta use compressed air regularly. That's a bit of an annoyance, but I think the trade off is worth it.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Tomorrow I will put in the water and then do cable management :lupe:

sdr1hv2.jpg

jer6fOg.jpg

Edit: It looks like the left tube is a little off. I'm gonna fix that.
Why FE cards though?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Why FE cards though?
When the cards were first announced, the FE cards were the only ones you could preorder (I was anxious to get them on release date). Also, they were supposed to have the best chips, with nvidia carefully selecting them, and they came OC’d out of the box.

Additionally, I typically always buy the Nvidia branded cards from the Nvidia online store. I’ve had some serious gpu problems in the past, and Nvidia always helped me out with the RMAs. While RMAs are always a pain in the ass, Nvidia’s customer service made it a little less painful. I respect that and have remained a loyal customer for many years

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Why FE cards though?
This gen of nvidia flag ship cards are the best binned compared to AIB's.

When the cards were first announced, the FE cards were the only ones you could preorder (I was anxious to get them on release date). Also, they were supposed to have the best chips, with nvidia carefully selecting them, and they came OC’d out of the box.

Additionally, I typically always buy the Nvidia branded cards from the Nvidia online store. I’ve had some serious gpu problems in the past, and Nvidia always helped me out with the RMAs. While RMAs are always a pain in the ass, Nvidia’s customer service made it a little less painful. I respect that and have remained a loyal customer for many years
one thing I'll always give them great customer service. Asus always sent me back refurbished shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally figured out how to set up my Plex server on my Windows HTPC to go to sleep but be able to wake the computer remotely. On my Android phone I have an app called Automagic setup to send a Wake on LAN packet to the computer if I use the Plex app. On my iPhone I have to open the Google Assistant app and ask it to wake my PC. My last HTPC was on for at least 5 years straight never sleeping or being turned off.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
My games keep crashing...just upgraded the CPU intel core i5-6600k to i7-6700k...then my power supply Thermaltake Smart 750W to an EVGA supernova g2 850W fully modular.

Specs...

CPU-Intel Core I7-6700K (stock)

CPU Cooler - Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler

Motherboard - MSI Z170A SLI PLUS

Memory - Adata XPG Z1 16GB (4x4 GB)

GPU - MSI Gaming X 1080 TI

Case- Corsair Carbide 400C

PSU - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My games keep crashing...just upgraded the CPU intel core i5-6600k to i7-6700k...then my power supply Thermaltake Smart 750W to an EVGA supernova g2 850W fully modular.

Specs...

Check your temps and update drivers if you haven't

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Specs...

I hope you got a good deal cause those seem like lateral upgrades. I mean they're better but I'm not really sure how measurable that better will be for you. You could have went to a 7700K and that would have been barely better than what you had in most cases. Then again I shouldn't talk going from a 6700K to a 9900K. Did move that 6700K to replace a 3570K though.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So im working on a HTPC setup, so far i been using kodi to launch plex and steam in big picture mode, im really tired of kodi though is there anything else out there that will give me the all in one experience? per say

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
is it crashing to desktop, or full on blue screens?

So this is what's been happening...I've been trying to play through Doom (2016) again. The game is crashing to the desktop without any errors. Seems like the game itself has had these problems since release. I've already beat the game before and never had these issues. I've been trying to pinpoint a problem. I did have NBA 2k19 and Max Payne 3 freeze on me as well. Those games haven't given me any trouble since then. Doom 2016 is still crashing though and it sucks because it's one of my favorite PC games. Bring on Doom Eternal...:feedme:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So this is what's been happening...I've been trying to play through Doom (2016) again. The game is crashing to the desktop without any errors. Seems like the game itself has had these problems since release. I've already beat the game before and never had these issues. I've been trying to pinpoint a problem. I did have NBA 2k19 and Max Payne 3 freeze on me as well. Those games haven't given me any trouble since then. Doom 2016 is still crashing though and it sucks because it's one of my favorite PC games. Bring on Doom Eternal...:feedme:
Try updating your bios and do a fresh install of the gpu driver (don't do the quick install, do that clean install, where it deletes all remnants of the older driver before installing the new one). Since you have a new chip, perhaps it has to do with your mobo. If that doesn't work, test your components, and fresh install if you nothing else works.