The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Thanks, but I've tried searching that and everything similar, and I can't find a page or video that explains how to fit the tubing into the fitting. It's crazy. What do I need to do?

Edit: Figured it out. I found a random comment on steam. I gotta unscrew the top, put the o-ring on the tube with the top on next, and then put the tubing into the fitting and press in.

Why nobody on the internet has a tutorial on how to do this. I dunno :francis:
It's never specific, it's just an entire guide you have to skim through them. that's why I said you need to spend a few hours watching watercooling vids :russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why are graphics cards so expensive now? I remember a 980 ti was closer to $650. How did we get to a 2080 ti being like $1200? I mean is it really that much better in comparison to the time to cost that much more? I mean it's doubling the price from the ti card of 2 generations ago.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why are graphics cards so expensive now? I remember a 980 ti was closer to $650. How did we get to a 2080 ti being like $1200? I mean is it really that much better in comparison to the time to cost that much more? I mean it's doubling the price from the ti card of 2 generations ago.
Greed. I think in some cases a 2080ti us 10 faster than a 1080ti

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Greed. I think in some cases a 2080ti us 10 faster than a 1080ti
HardOCP did a chart adjusted for inflation and the 2080 ti price increase from even the previous generation is absurd.
15375786111bdizypll8_1_1.png

The 2080 ti cost so much you can get a driveable beater car for that price.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukkups all around for me :francis:

Got Acrylic tubing, because it's supposed to be a bit better than petg (I don't remember why).

The hacksaw EK sent me is slow, isn't easy to cut a straight line, and generally sucks. So, I bought a RIGID tube cutter, but it shatters the acrylic (I was warned this may happen, but I wanted to try anyway). So, I went to the hardware store and bought a Dremel. That shyt melts the acrylic, but cuts quickly and in a straight line. I dunno how to stop it from melting the tubing though. :francis:

So, I dunno what to do now. I guess I'll keep experimenting with the saw and the Dremel, but shyt isn't going too well :mjcry:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
HardOCP did a chart adjusted for inflation and the 2080 ti price increase from even the previous generation is absurd.
15375786111bdizypll8_1_1.png

The 2080 ti cost so much you can get a driveable beater car for that price.
99% chance you don't need a 2080ti. Get a cheaper card and let Nvidia suffer for their stupid decisions. I would buy a used non-mined top AIB 1080ti for 500-600 in today market. If new get a good AIB RTX 2080 for under 800.

I'm going to make a thread on this (probably won't) on what's going on in the tech market and how brands are developing the 2018 apple effect where they are realizing customers are not upgraded tech has much as before. So now everything is being inflated with a 30-100% increase in price like we have seen with iphone X, mac mini etc to keep profit margin very high while they deal with the current state of the market with the expectation of people buying new products every few years.

Whats an good AIO for an 8700K? Im going to use an thermal pad too.
280mm or 360mm radiator, anything in that realm should be enough.

fukkups all around for me :francis:

Got Acrylic tubing, because it's supposed to be a bit better than petg (I don't remember why).

The hacksaw EK sent me is slow, isn't easy to cut a straight line, and generally sucks. So, I bought a RIGID tube cutter, but it shatters the acrylic (I was warned this may happen, but I wanted to try anyway). So, I went to the hardware store and bought a Dremel. That shyt melts the acrylic, but cuts quickly and in a straight line. I dunno how to stop it from melting the tubing though. :francis:

So, I dunno what to do now. I guess I'll keep experimenting with the saw and the Dremel, but shyt isn't going too well :mjcry:
copper cutters and there some other cutter, let me see if I can find the name breh

you rushed into this :russ: you should expect to mess up alot even has many advanced benders :dame:

edit here:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
99% chance you don't need a 2080ti. Get a cheaper card and let Nvidia suffer for their stupid decisions. I would buy a used non-mined top AIB 1080ti for 500-600 in today market. If new get a good AIB RTX 2080 for under 800.

I'm going to make a thread on this (probably won't) on what's going on in the tech market and how brands are developing the 2018 apple effect where they are realizing customers are not upgraded tech has much as before. So now everything is being inflated with a 30-100% increase in price like we have seen with iphone X, mac mini etc to keep profit margin very high while they deal with the current state of the market with the expectation of people buying new products every few years.

280mm or 360mm radiator, anything in that realm should be enough.

copper cutters and there some other cutter, let me see if I can find the name breh

you rushed into this :russ:
Thanks. The sad part was that I spent a long time researching acrylic vs petg. I remember why I chose acrylic now, the EK site told me PETG can melt, can leak water, and is greatly affected by UV lights. I was like, how much harder can acrylic be? Apparently a lot harder :francis:

EK put this big warning about leaks with PETG tubing on their site.

EK-HD PETG Tube 10/12mm 500mm (2pcs) – EK Webshop

I think they were just trying to get me to buy the more expensive acrylic tubing :snoop:

Edit: fukk it, if I can't figure out this acrylic shyt, I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy petg shyt. :francis:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Thanks. The sad part was that I spent a long time researching acrylic vs petg. I remember why I chose acrylic now, the EK site told me PETG can melt, can leak water, and is greatly affected by UV lights. I was like, how much harder can acrylic be? Apparently a lot harder :francis:

EK put this big warning about leaks with PETG tubing on their site.

EK-HD PETG Tube 10/12mm 500mm (2pcs) – EK Webshop

I think they were just trying to get me to buy the more expensive acrylic tubing :snoop:

Edit: fukk it, if I can't figure out this acrylic shyt, I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy petg shyt. :francis:
Use Acrylic just following the video I posted ahead and buy the proper tools. Using tools giving to you by EK lol

the tool you bought is fine but it shouldn't be your only tool, get the round tool

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Use Acrylic just following the video I posted ahead and buy the proper tools. Using tools giving to you by EK lol
I appreciate it. I am using the tools that EK gave me. It's just a saw and a chamfer (and that shyt does not work well at all). I guess I'll just do some more experimenting. :sadcam:

edit: I actually have watched that video before. He's using petg. That tool cracks acrylic. :mjcry:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I appreciate it. I am using the tools that EK gave me. It's just a saw and a chamfer (and that shyt does not work well at all). I guess I'll just do some more experimenting. :sadcam:

edit: I actually have watched that video before. He's using petg. That tool cracks acrylic. :mjcry:
really :gucci:

Leave that EK bullshyt tools alone

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yup. 8:53

keep trying, but I'm going to recommend you don't use acrylic if you continue trying and it's not working out. Don't give up, you'll get the hang of it but yeah I always used petg completely forgot how much people say don't start out with acrylic when starting. Just keep trying, trial and error. It's annoying enough the first time not to want to do it until you finally get it right. Check for leaks (make sure to watch/read on this too), especially with fittings.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
keep trying, but I'm going to recommend you don't use acrylic if you continue trying and it's not working out. Don't give up, you'll get the hang of it but yeah I always used petg completely forgot how much people say don't start out with acrylic when starting. Just keep trying, trial and error. It's annoying enough the first time not to want to do it until you finally get it right. Check for leaks (make sure to watch/read on this too), especially with fittings.
I think I found a workaround. I cut with the saw and then sand with the dremel. It's kinda working. I'll keep practicing

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This shyt is beyond frustrating. Trying to put a fukking tube inbetween two graphics cards is the worst thing ever. :snoop:

I almost broke my shyt :francis:

I see why this shyt is marked “expert.” :mjcry:

EDIT: Success :blessed:

Last edited: