The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli how much you selling those 2080tis for? :troll:
For a split second I was like “it’d be nice to have 2 Titan RTX cards. I can sell my 2 2080tis and spend $2500 on a second card :jbhmm:.” Then I’m like “only 10% more power for twice the price, and perhaps driver and compatibility issues. I think I’m good :patrice:

But it would be nice :yeshrug:

Last edited:

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
For a split second I was like “it’d be nice to have 2 Titan RTX cards. I can sell my 2 2080tis and spend $2500 on a second card :jbhmm:.” Then I’m like “only 10% more power for twice the price, and perhaps driver and compatibility issues. I think I’m good :patrice:

But it would be nice :yeshrug:

I am waiting on these benchmarks to drop. Already a firestrike score floating around. over 40k graphics under water.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Buying a RTX titan for gaming :mjlol:

Waiting to see how it stands against the Titan V in ML

Why is the i9 9820x the 10 core i9 and so does the i9 9900x, I'm confused now :mjlol:

Sold my extra 1950x for 70 dollars more than I paid, bought a 2950x for 600 dollars :wow:

Last edited:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
is it normal for computers to be slow when installing a game on a 2nd Hard drive that is not an SSD? i am dealing with a ryzen 7 + 2080 RTX system?

also, what is the best PC controller?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
is it normal for computers to be slow when installing a game on a 2nd Hard drive that is not an SSD? i am dealing with a ryzen 7 + 2080 RTX system?

also, what is the best PC controller?
Slow in what?
When installing games, your cpu is being used to you know

I just use the xbox controller

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Slow in what?
When installing games, your cpu is being used to you know

I just use the xbox controller
computer gets slow like i notice the cursor will not move fast. sometimes, i feel like i am unable to multi-task. i need to test it out more especially when i am not doing anything heavy. right now, i have a backlog of games i would like to install.

everybody says get a xbox one controller. i read the wired edition is not that great. so it is good to get the wireless edition along with an adapter. i am not too sure if i should purchase a batteries or some play and charge kit because i dont know if the controller requires it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
some games have to uncompress files and/or move shyt around when installing, and it can slow your shyt down because it's maxing out your HDD's read/write, and/or cpu, and/or memory. it can also slow shyt down if Windows uses that drive for the page file

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
everybody says get a xbox one controller. i read the wired edition is not that great. so it is good to get the wireless edition along with an adapter. i am not too sure if i should purchase a batteries or some play and charge kit because i dont know if the controller requires it
I don't think there is a (official) 'wired' Xbox One controller. the regular Xbox One controller comes with a wire, and can be used either way. to do wireless on PC you'll need an official adapter, or a bluetooth adapter. unlike the wireless 360 controller, it does data via the USB when plugged in (the 360 wireless controller would charge, but still communicate wirelessly when plugged in)

if having it plugged in works for you, might as well do that, and not worry about batteries. I've never heard anything bad about the X1 controller when plugged in, but I personally use a wired 360 controller

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking of buying a 144hz monitor, while only having a 1060 6GB? Should I bite?
You'll be dying to upgrade that GPU after you get it but yes I think it's worth it. You should be able to play some older games and see the benefits for sure. What's the resolution on the monitor?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I'm thinking of buying a 144hz monitor, while only having a 1060 6GB? Should I bite?

You'll be dying to upgrade that GPU after you get it but yes I think it's worth it. You should be able to play some older games and see the benefits for sure. What's the resolution on the monitor?
A 1060 is perfect for a 1080 144hz monitor.
That should be the standard monitor any pc gamer has no matter what gpu you have.
Only thing that will suck about his monitor is lack of gsync

computer gets slow like i notice the cursor will not move fast. sometimes, i feel like i am unable to multi-task. i need to test it out more especially when i am not doing anything heavy. right now, i have a backlog of games i would like to install.

yeah xbox one controller is what I recommend
you don't need the adapter

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wanna retire my Ivy Bridge mITX build and replace it with something else. Damn thing is starting to chug. I want to run Windows 8.1 Media Center on whatever I replace it with. Come to find out you can't run Windows 8.1 on jack shyt these days. I guess I can re-purpose my Skylake build to replace that and build a Coffee Lake to replace the Skylake. Seems kinda sad that I'll be stuck at Skylake forever unless I wanna give up Windows Media Center.