The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
How you liking the Far Cry? I was seeing something about it the other day, that it was getting released soon. My boy said it was like a GTA game. Never played one of them, although now that I think about it, I do have some game on the xbox. Might be far cry but I'm too lazy to turn my system on. Its called "far cry primal" i think. Something about them old school animals like mastodons and sabretooth tigers and whatnot. Might be from that series, who knows. Anyways I just set the far cry to download so i can check it out.

I like it, story is interesting and it's first person. First time playing a far cry game

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Got my monitors in today. Anyone mess with sideways monitors? Thinking of doing one or both like that. Better than going thru the trouble of hanging one for now.
I have 2 Dell identical monitors, I rotated one vertical for awhile when I was doing photography editing, works great for it. I would like to add a 3rd so I can have 2 horizontal and 1 vertical.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I have 2 Dell identical monitors, I rotated one vertical for awhile when I was doing photography editing, works great for it. I would like to add a 3rd so I can have 2 horizontal and 1 vertical.
got one of mine vertical. its cool using it that way. actually the one im typing this on now

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Cool new Titan RTX card. $2500, 24gb of vram, nvlink compatible :damn:

It looks like the Titan cards are basically prosumer Quadro cards now. Maybe that was always the plan, but with the Titan V and Titan RTX, there really are no gaming benefits, like you saw with the Titan Xs. However, if you’re a content creator, the cards are a lot cheaper than the Quadros.
Like the frontier vega :ohhh:

I need new cards for the machine learning server and dataset builds at my office. Right now Titan V is the best value in that market (outside of Titan XP but it doesn't have one feature that I need like the Titan V), you can pick up a Titan V for around 1900-2000 used right now. 2500 dollars, assumed 1600 to 2000. :gucci: Nvidia does not care about taking hit on sale volumes has long as their profit margins are huge I see.:why:

I know you are trying so hard to say no do not buy right now :dead:

I am no longer spending money on any gaming PC :hubie:
if I can't fully write it off, I'm good. beside the asus pg35vq coming out first quarter

I have a Corsair Carbide 400C and I'm about to make some upgrades.

I have an EVAG 850 G2 power supply that's fully modular that I'm about to put in.

I also have an Intel Core i7 6700K on the way.

Picked up the samsung SSD 1TB on black Friday.

So my question is do I need to go ahead and upgrade my CPU cooler as well. I have an H60 at the moment cooling my i5 6600k. Also do I need to add case fans to my case?

XxPrinceAkeemxX - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker This is my old build from 2016...I'm upgrading the cpu, I've added another SSD and WB Drive, GTX 1080 TI, Asus 1440p gsync monitor

Probably going to need to sale my old components if some people are interested.
shouldn't have upgraded your cpu honestly :hubie: just don't play games with other things in the background i5 would perform pretty much the same.

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just picked up a Gigabyte 1060 6GB card. Been out of the graphics card game for a few years, thought it was defective with the fans not spinning, I see now it's a design feature, they only function under heavy load.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Just picked up a Gigabyte 1060 6GB card. Been out of the graphics card game for a few years, thought it was defective with the fans not spinning, I see now it's a design feature, they only function under heavy load.
should of bought a rx 590 unless you have a gsync monitor or got your card for like 200 dollars.
Was thinking of checking this out:

Been checking out some Messer videos on YouTube but this don't look bad. Gotta get focussed. Anyone have any experience with this?

50 dollars for all of that :whew:
I would buy it just to take a look, it's only 50 bucks.
Also check out these two threads -
IT Certs and Careers...Let's Discuss It
Developer/Programming Information and Careers Thread
-----------------------------------

only if nvidia didn't have some form of dev monopoly on ml :mjcry:
rtx quadro cards are sold out, consumers have lost their minds

*Edit using 1080 ti's and these old tesla cards to get our work done :scust:

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
should of bought a rx 590 unless you have a gsync monitor or got your card for like 200 dollars.

50 dollars for all of that :whew:
I would buy it just to take a look, it's only 50 bucks.
Also check out these two threads -
IT Certs and Careers...Let's Discuss It
Developer/Programming Information and Careers Thread
-----------------------------------

only if nvidia didn't have some form of dev monopoly on ml :mjcry:
rtx quadro cards are sold out, consumers have lost their minds

*Edit using 1080 ti's and these old tesla cards to get our work done :scust:

$150

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Need to get myself some nice speakers so i won't have to keep relying on my bluetooth headphones that i use for the gym. Then eventually get a gaming headset. Likely get something simple for speakers. Not trying to get no fancy wireless soundbar or anything too expensive. Some simple old school ones with decent sound should be sufficient. Wondering if i can connect them to the pc instead of the monitor cuz with two monitors im not tryna have to get two sets of speakers or have the sound shifting only to the speaker connected to a certain monitor.
I have these

with this sub (I needed something thin)

http://www.cerwinvega.com/home-audio/desktop-speakers/xd8.html

XD8.jpg

MMA

Superstar
Daps
If the rumors are true about ryzen 3000 series, Intel must be having a meltdown :damn:

16 core multi-threaded 5.1ghz ryzen 9 chip, i9 what??? :damn:

The only part I need to upgrade for some of my rigs are the cpus :damn:

AMD future proofing for future developers to stop playing games and start building programs to utilize cores like they were meant to be :ohlawd:

AMD Ryzen 3000 Specs & Prices Leaked, Upto 16 Cores & 5.1GHz on AM4

Last edited: