The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Brehs, what's a good device or app that will allow you to display your PC games on your HDTV? I really don't wanna go through the hassle of running a long-ass HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV.
should have copped a Steam Link when they were dirt cheap. they're all gone now

you can use the Steam Link app if your TV supports it

Steam Link

but any kind of streaming is going to involve input lag. long ass HDMI is the best solution IMO

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs, what's a good device or app that will allow you to display your PC games on your HDTV? I really don't wanna go through the hassle of running a long-ass HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV.
should have copped a Steam Link when they were dirt cheap. they're all gone now

you can use the Steam Link app if your TV supports it

Steam Link

but any kind of streaming is going to involve input lag. long ass HDMI is the best solution IMO
How much did the steam links used to cost?

EDIT:

Valve needs to put the Steam Link app out on the popular streaming devices (i.e. Apple TV, Fire TV, & Roku)

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Anyone else having issues with the latest Nvidia driver? Im having game crashes and my display randomly getting pixelated or losing detection. I’ve rolled back but wanted to see if anyone else had issues.

had issues with the my 4k tv randomly blinking in and out and horizontal lines. Rolled back and issue resolved

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I have a Corsair Carbide 400C and I'm about to make some upgrades.

I have an EVAG 850 G2 power supply that's fully modular that I'm about to put in.

I also have an Intel Core i7 6700K on the way.

Picked up the samsung SSD 1TB on black Friday.

So my question is do I need to go ahead and upgrade my CPU cooler as well. I have an H60 at the moment cooling my i5 6600k. Also do I need to add case fans to my case?

XxPrinceAkeemxX - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker This is my old build from 2016...I'm upgrading the cpu, I've added another SSD and WB Drive, GTX 1080 TI, Asus 1440p gsync monitor

Probably going to need to sale my old components if some people are interested.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

I have an EVAG 850 G2 power supply that's fully modular that I'm about to put in.

So my question is do I need to go ahead and upgrade my CPU cooler as well. I have an H60 at the moment cooling my i5 6600k. Also do I need to add case fans to my case?

XxPrinceAkeemxX - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker This is my old build from 2016...I'm upgrading the cpu, I've added another SSD and WB Drive, GTX 1080 TI, Asus 1440p gsync monitor

If you sell your fan I may be interested

Im overseas trying to upgrade my desktop, its basically a rebuild
System Builder - PCPartPicker

and my fan is missing the backplate and one of the connectors is damaged and I bassically have to hold it and an agle for the fan to stay connected :snoop:

I also have one of those tempered glass cases and it has those little rubber circles around the holes to keep it secure, well I must have lost those pieces cause I dont have them either.. it sucks cause in order to replace any parts I basically have to go to amazon and that takes 2 weeks atleast:francis:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you shouldn't need to upgrade the H60. what does your current case fan setup look like?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

While not many have perfected it, and there is some latency on ALL models, the Jtech is the best in the market currently. But you're gonna be shelling out $340+ for a wireless connection that might have some latency...and even a little latency is bad. Honestly just get some Cord cover for cheap and run your wires through there, it looks clean, and its much cheaper.

Honestly that's just the price you pay with wireless. Batteries (unless you get rechargeables) and latency being your biggest issue(s). From mice, to Keyboards, its best to go wired.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Cool new Titan RTX card. $2500, 24gb of vram, nvlink compatible :damn:

It looks like the Titan cards are basically prosumer Quadro cards now. Maybe that was always the plan, but with the Titan V and Titan RTX, there really are no gaming benefits, like you saw with the Titan Xs. However, if you’re a content creator, the cards are a lot cheaper than the Quadros.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Cool new Titan RTX card. $2500, 24gb of vram, nvlink compatible :damn:

It looks like the Titan cards are basically prosumer Quadro cards now. Maybe that was always the plan, but with the Titan V and Titan RTX, there really are no gaming benefits, like you saw with the Titan Xs. However, if you’re a content creator, the cards are a lot cheaper than the Quadros.

Watch them buttfukk us all, and make cheaper cards that stack or integrated boards with ram shared with the Videocard ala PS4's....which is of course genius, fukked if any of the shared parts break, but genius.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I just bought a cheap ass hp 8300 on ebay for like 120 bucks, threw in a 250gb ssd, upgraded the ram to 16gb and bought a video card

now just been dowloading games, no longer need to sped 60,70,80 on games :blessed:

dowloaded fifa yesterday , i dont know anything about pc settings just that it plays smooth as hell :ehh:
View attachment 24328

far cry 5
View attachment 24330

How you liking the Far Cry? I was seeing something about it the other day, that it was getting released soon. My boy said it was like a GTA game. Never played one of them, although now that I think about it, I do have some game on the xbox. Might be far cry but I'm too lazy to turn my system on. Its called "far cry primal" i think. Something about them old school animals like mastodons and sabretooth tigers and whatnot. Might be from that series, who knows. Anyways I just set the far cry to download so i can check it out.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Need to get myself some nice speakers so i won't have to keep relying on my bluetooth headphones that i use for the gym. Then eventually get a gaming headset. Likely get something simple for speakers. Not trying to get no fancy wireless soundbar or anything too expensive. Some simple old school ones with decent sound should be sufficient. Wondering if i can connect them to the pc instead of the monitor cuz with two monitors im not tryna have to get two sets of speakers or have the sound shifting only to the speaker connected to a certain monitor.