The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just copped two of these earlier.

Dell 27 Gaming Monitor: S2716DGR

Dell 27 inch 2k monitors with g sync. Had been eyeing a few asus ones on Amazon recently. This 2k one for like 650 and this 3k one for like 820. But saw this deal and couldn't pass up. My boy has the same one in 24 inches and that looks clean so this one is a bit better, plus I got two. Would've stuck with one but was like fukk it. I can have two decent as monitors for the price of 1.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thinking I'm gonna have to stack my monitors. My desk can't hold both especially with my pc on it. Think I might just wall mount one and leave one on the desk.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anyone run an NVMe SSD?

I just saw an ad on Amazon, I didn't know this kind of thing was catching on.
Yup, I had one in my old Alienware and I got one in my new build too.

They’re faster than sata SSDs. Like 3 times faster. However, the max size so far is only 2tb, and they cost like 30% more than traditional ssds of the same size.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

They’re faster than sata SSDs. Like 3 times faster. However, the max size so far is only 2tb, and they cost like 30% more than traditional ssds of the same size.
:wow: beautiful

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
So I copped Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on PC for like $5 or $6. I usually get them for the campaign but out of curiosity I installed the multiplayer and that bytch is still up and running strong. :ohhh:

I changed my resolution to 1440p and turned the AA to x4 and 144hz. :whoo:

Boy this isn't how I remember this game looking on PS3 and Xbox 360....I think I just remastered this shyt by upping the resolution :banderas:

Got nuked by somebody on my first match....had fun though lol :lolbron:
I copped MW World at War 6 years ago.

Fiddled with the servers and found where everyone was at. They got you super jumping everywhere but they didn't mess with the guns it was fun.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC

Anyone run an NVMe SSD?

Running Adata sx8200 NVME drives, Cheap and well reviewed for benchmarks. Speed comparable to EVOs and Rakuten usually has the 500gb for 90 bucks or less with promo codes. https://www.rakuten.com/shop/adata/product/ASX8200NP-480GT-C/
Adata XPG SX8200 512GB Performance Testing

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got my monitors in today. Anyone mess with sideways monitors? Thinking of doing one or both like that. Better than going thru the trouble of hanging one for now.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got my setup complete. I raised the one on the left as high as I could so it looks different in the picture. Gonna use the left for gaming and the right for productivity and web browsing.

XAIix8A.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Anyone run an NVMe SSD?

I do. Never going back. I have the Samsung from 2 years ago and it's still performing the same. Best upgrade you can make for general usability.