The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
my EK package got flagged with customs because of the thermal paste, and I had to fill out a TSCA release (TSCA Import-Export Requirements | US EPA). :patrice:

I had to fill out some form saying the paste was under regulations or some shyt. But, I have no idea if it is. I assume it is, but :patrice:

I better not get a knock at the door saying I’m trying to import chemical weapons or some shyt. :patrice:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Edit my opinion, it's a terrible card. 7% faster overall at it's price point after 2 years and it's not fast enough to do ray-tracing in the future with what we've seen with previous performance with ray-tracing :mjlol:
Like I said anything above 500 is a L

my EK package got flagged with customs because of the thermal paste, and I had to fill out a TSCA release (TSCA Import-Export Requirements | US EPA). :patrice:

I had to fill out some form saying the paste was under regulations or some shyt. But, I have no idea if it is. I assume it is, but :patrice:

I better not get a knock at the door saying I’m trying to import chemical weapons or some shyt. :patrice:
You are fine :russ:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Attempt to build skynet in your basement brehs

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Quick (possibly dumb) question.

My mobo (Asus rog Rampage IV extreme) says it can take 3 m.2 drives, however some people are saying you can only use one, while others saying you can use 3. I don’t know what to think. :francis:

What are the pros and cons to using 1 m.2 and 1 2.5 SSD, compared to 2 m.2s?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

My mobo (Asus rog Rampage IV extreme) says it can take 3 m.2 drives, however some people are saying you can only use one, while others saying you can use 3. I don’t know what to think. :francis:

You should be able to use all 3. The question is do you really want to do that? You have 2 monster graphics cards. I would go with a single one and then use sata drives for your storage ssds/hdds

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You should be able to use all 3. The question is do you really want to do that? You have 2 monster graphics cards. I would go with a single one and then use sata drives for your storage ssds/hdds
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too. Thanks. I definitely wanna go 16x16 gen 3 pci.e with the gpus, as opposed to 8x/8x. Plus I only have 44 lanes and I’m going to be using some lanes for my soundcard.

I guess I’ll just stick with 1 m.2, 1 2.5 SSD and 1 HDD.

I appreciate the help :cheers:

MMA

Superstar
Daps

each nvme drive uses 4 pcie lanes, your motherboard/i9 7900x has 44 pcie lanes
each gpu will use 16 so
each nvme drive will use 4
or any other add on will either 4 or 8
32 + 12
you'll run into an issue with your sound card, so I suggest you only use 2 nvme drives to keep your gpu running at 16x16
I agree with liquid though, better off getting 1 nvme drive like a 970 evo for main os/software, get SSD's etc so if you have another add on in the future you won't have to worry about pcie lanes.
this is directly why I use tr4, because it has 64 pcie lanes oppose to 44. x299 are still better at running games because of clock speeds etc

Last edited:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
What is the best tablet option for light productivity such as using Microsoft Office?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What is the best tablet option for light productivity such as using Microsoft Office?
Surface book. I have the first gen one and it’s great. Kinda expensive, but it’s light, detachable, has a gpu (if you want), and is powerful for its size.

Meet Surface Book 2 – Now in 13.5” or 15” – Surface

Or, I guess you could just get a surface 3 with the keyboard and trackpad option, if you don’t need or want all that power

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps