The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli 15 pages ago you weren't building PC's anymore and was going pre built only...

Now you back to building skynet piece by piece ?:russ:
:russ: :yeshrug:

I’m at the point now that I can’t get what I want from a prebuilt. I want to have a custom piece I put my artistic touch on, with only the best components. I mean I could get an OriginPC prebuilt (which I was considering before), but I wouldn’t be able to get the premium parts I want, in the color scheme I want, with the case I want. And if you get everything water-cooled like I’m doing, you’re paying a very hefty premium (like several thousand more).

I need a hobby too, so this fills that need :ehh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Try microcenter - just buy the similar parts (Micro Center - Computers and Electronics)

This is gonna come out good :wow::wow:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Look at the price of this z390 motherboard :dahell:
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike LGA 1151 eATX Intel - Micro Center
Yeah, I saw that MSI earlier today. I’d rather have my Asus mobo for that price :manny:

There’s a MicroCenter in central Houston. I think I might check it out.

Edit: oh shyt I just clicked the first link. Gonna do that. Thanks :cheers:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Forgot about you lucky guys with Microcenter close by. All i have is Bestbuy :mjcry:
:dead:

It was a hour (60 miles) away my entire life until now

Microcenter is the goat :wow:

CPU prices compared to everywhere else doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I saw that MSI earlier today. I’d rather have my Asus mobo for that price :manny:

There’s a MicroCenter in central Houston. I think I might check it out.

Edit: oh shyt I just clicked the first link. Gonna do that. Thanks :cheers:
:salute:

If it's breaks, return it

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:russ: :yeshrug:

I’m at the point now that I can’t get what I want from a prebuilt. I want to have a custom piece I put my artistic touch on, with only the best components. I mean I could get an OriginPC prebuilt (which I was considering before), but I wouldn’t be able to get the premium parts I want, in the color scheme I want, with the case I want. And if you get everything water-cooled like I’m doing, you’re paying a very hefty premium (like several thousand more).

I need a hobby too, so this fills that need :ehh:
True. At least you're doing something constructive.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
what AIOs are you guys using?
What are you trying to cool?

In my opinions with what I have/had
NZXT x62 > corsair h150i/corsair h115i > fractal design celsius s36/the first rgb thermaltake 360mm/nzxt x52 v2 > corsair h110i

Notable mentions enermax tr4 waterblocks are great, attached 6 fans keeps up with gen2

We are in a time where aio are overrated and all work the same between 280mm/360mm differences are minor. What I seek now in AIO is ease to install, long term reliability - leaks etc, noises that come from the pump, how loud and the noise the fans make when pushed to higher speeds, how long cables are (terrible with the h150i I almost ripped it apart with how short the pump sata cable is)

Massive overclock get a 280/360. If average overclock or none at all, get a 240

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What are you trying to cool?

In my opinions with what I have/had
NZXT x62 > corsair h150i/corsair h115i > fractal design celsius s36/the first rgb thermaltake 360mm/nzxt x52 v2 > corsair h110i

Notable mentions enermax tr4 waterblocks are great, attached 6 fans keeps up with gen2

We are in a time where aio are overrated and all work the same between 280mm/360mm differences are minor. What I seek now in AIO is ease to install, long term reliability - leaks etc, noises that come from the pump, how loud and the noise the fans make when pushed to higher speeds, how long cables are (terrible with the h150i I almost ripped it apart with how short the pump sata cable is)

Massive overclock get a 280/360. If average overclock or none at all, get a 240
I'm going to get an I7 8700k with a small chance of overclocking. It will be my gaming/production workstation

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

:ohhh:

Nvidia is officially Apple

Always has been. AMD has always been reliable and cheaper, for the same performances, we're talking about a 3-7 frame drop difference in 60+ fps environments. Nvidia and Intel were simply the Jordan of the PC world. Smart people knew it was AMD/Radeon who had a better track record, without gouging your wallet.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Newegg has been good to a PC gamer breh. No tax, free shipping, cheaper prices than Amazon. :blessed:

Agreed completely, however....and this was/is a shock to me. The Ryzen chips are cheaper per product than on NewEgg....I mean, I'm not angry since I have accounts on both, but it was surprising.