The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I decided to order my water cooling shyt directly from EK (everything should be in stock now, accord to the site, and no tax). $1400 for all that :huhldup:

Now, I just need the data drives and Win 10 Pro (which cost close to $2K for the SSDs, M.2, 10tb HDD, and the Win 10 pro USB :sadcam:).

I'm so close :blessed:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Agreed completely, however....and this was/is a shock to me. The Ryzen chips are cheaper per product than on NewEgg....I mean, I'm not angry since I have accounts on both, but it was surprising.
You are in nyc, we have 3 microcenters :picard:
I decided to order my water cooling shyt directly from EK (everything should be in stock now, accord to the site, and no tax). $1400 for all that :huhldup:

Now, I just need the data drives and Win 10 Pro (which cost close to $2K for the SSDs, M.2, 10tb HDD, and the Win 10 pro USB :sadcam:).

I'm so close :blessed:
Jesus christ, you have lost your mind :wow:
You better be playing games like our boy Tenchi

Always has been. AMD has always been reliable and cheaper, for the same performances, we're talking about a 3-7 frame drop difference in 60+ fps environments. Nvidia and Intel were simply the Jordan of the PC world. Smart people knew it was AMD/Radeon who had a better track record, without gouging your wallet.
yes for 99% of users, I would tell them to go AMD. Prices are better, freesync is cheaper, additional coolers knowing no-one but us crazies are still overclocking. :manny:

Buying Intel/Nvidia today is just stupid if I'm being honest. Unless it's the 1080 ti or 2080/2080 ti or you do video editing with adobe premiere and software that utilize intel cpu better like in my case vc
Anything less than that, amd will give you the best money can offer with minimal differences between competition.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
So I was just checking my business emails and see an additional box next to 3 box's that I need to ship out this week. My gpu came friday, she just placed it there didn't say shyt and I didn't check my personal email :snoop:

Now I'm not sleeping tonight, goodbye everyone :mjgrin: Gaming season is upon us.

COD OP4 and AC Odyssey then right after Fallout and Red Redemption 2 a month later battlefield 5, darksider 3 crispy clean detail. How will I work :ohlawd:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
brehs whats the best video card i can get for a small form factor case
What is the case?
Here are the best smallest gpu you can buy - Choose A Video Card - PCPartPicker
you should know 1080 ti > 1080/vega 64 > 1070ti/vega 56 > 1070 > 1060

I have 2 of the zotac 1080 itx and a few 1070 itx from gigabyte, the zotac are better card for cooling but a little bigger which you'll see.

-----

Anyone know where I can preorder a Phanteks Evolv X, they don't want my money. I've been waiting to buy this case :banderas: You can put 2 systems in it and it's built so well, probably the best 200 dollar case you can right now

I haven't enjoyed gaming like this in a while, COD OP4 is pretty good :banderas:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol idk if Microcenter made a mistake but I got a nice deal if true.

I went to buy another 8GB Kit of DDR 4 2400 RAM. The brand is Crucial Ballistix. On the site it shows $74.99. In store they had the tag as $77.99 so I asked and a rep said it'll be the online price.
When I went to the register, the total came up to $61.98. I'm like :skip: "This is the sale price? That's better than I thought!"

I'm looking at the receipt and the item doesn't seem to make sense.

It literally says

1 600007 141 TEST **SPARKR LIGHT ARC LIG 59.99

I have no idea but hey that's a good price.

It's supposed to be this:
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB 2 x 4GB - Micro Center

Anyway I bought it since COD BLOPS 4 is eating up RAM. it needs 12GB RAM according to the specs. I only had 8 and I noticed little micro stutters here and there.

GhettoNintendo

chill its a secret b
Daps
Reppin
nyc.
7hvDDTO.jpg

can someone resize this for macbook pro 13 inch and an iphone?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's officially time

fukk SLI I'm an idiot, COD fukking supports it and it's having issues!
It wouldn’t be an Nvidia card without the sli problems. :russ:

I’ll be joining you with the SLI headaches very soon. My EK shyt comes Wednesday (from Slovenia or some random country I’ve never heard of before :dwillhuh:) :lupe:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
It wouldn’t be an Nvidia card without the sli problems. :russ:

I’ll be joining you with the SLI headaches very soon. My EK shyt comes Wednesday (from Slovenia or some random country I’ve never heard of before :dwillhuh:) :lupe:
It is Slovenia cheap motherfukkers couldn't setup some items over/shop here somewhere :mjlol:

You are right about that but having to tweak with the game is enough to not even want to bother but when it works :wow:

Also make sure to now overclock your cpu, I'd tell you to delid but that's asking for alot

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It is Slovenia cheap motherfukkers couldn't setup some items over/shop here somewhere :mjlol:

You are right about that but having to tweak with the game is enough to not even want to bother but when it works :wow:

Also make sure to now overclock your cpu, I'd tell you to delid but that's asking for alot
Yeah, I’m gonna overclock like crazy now that I’ll have the heat under control. I have experience overclocking CPUs (when I had better cooling AIOs than the Alienware I’ve been using). I’ve never overclocked gpus before, as I’ve always run on air and always have sli’d cards (so heat was a major issue). Work has been super fukking slow, so I’ve been watching IFR, JayzTwoCents, and others, and I saw some videos about deliddimg CPUs, so I’ll check them out tomorrow.

I got my heat gun today, so I’m ready to bend. I’m a little anxious about it, but I’ve been doing my homework, so I feel confident I’ll be able to figure it out. Plus, I bought an overkill amount of rigid tubing, as I figured I’m gonna fukk it up in the beginning.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I’m gonna overclock like crazy now that I’ll have the heat under control. I have experience overclocking CPUs (when I had better cooling AIOs than the Alienware I’ve been using). I’ve never overclocked gpus before, as I’ve always run on air and always have sli’d cards (so heat was a major issue). Work has been super fukking slow, so I’ve been watching IFR, JayzTwoCents, and others, and I saw some videos about deliddimg CPUs, so I’ll check them out tomorrow.

I got my heat gun today, so I’m ready to bend. I’m a little anxious about it, but I’ve been doing my homework, so I feel confident I’ll be able to figure it out. Plus, I bought an overkill amount of rigid tubing, as I figured I’m gonna fukk it up in the beginning.

It's going to be fun :lawd:

RTX 2070 reviews dropped and that shyt just as disappointing as a I thought :martin:.
If it drops at 500 dollars (AIB cards), it's the best value gpu you can buy right now. Good luck picking one up though
Anything more than 500, you are wasting your money