The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
1) confused by the question - only site i can think of is moddiy but I don't think that's what you are asking for. For custom sleeving colors - cablemods

2) I can explain but a professional professional will explain better. I use a drain loop for all of my hardline pieces

3) EK has been the most reliable for me, which why I recommend. I suggest you look at the pump and reservoir reviews (for example some of alphacool goes bad). I also like alpha cool for their radiators, there is also thermaltake (owned 2 in the past - 1 was a kit, 1 was individual parts) but they used to make bad materials but idk about their quality of materials today. XSPC, HWlabs and more that I am forgetting or don't care

4-5) You have the resources, go hardline tubing just be very careful. You are going to have a spend around 2-4 hours watching videos, reading on hardline tubing because each video/guide will give you a piece advice the other will not. You can make crazy designs - declassified systems on youtube makes amazing systems with crazy bends.

Thanks, breh

Yeah, I meant sleeves and case screws. I can buy actual blue and black Corsair cables, but some reviews were saying they were too hard to work with. I think I’m gonna go with a Corsair HXi 1200i. It gets great reviews (and, more importantly, the label is black and blue :russ:)

I’ve been watching Jayz shyt, and I like his videos a lot. On one of his builds he used glass tubing. How that works, I dunno, but it looked real nice.

I was reading up on my Cougar Conquer case, and apparently they make it very difficult to add HDDs and SSDs without removing the mobo completely. I ordered a 10tb HGST 7200 hdd, a 2 tb 860 evo SSD and a 2tb Samsung 970 evo. So that should be enough I think.

Oh, and I bought an insane mechanical keyboard from Roccat. :ohlawd:

ROCCAT® Vulcan

I can’t wait until I get all my components. I’m excited about this project. I’m trying to make this build both as beautiful and powerful as possible. :lupe:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Thanks, breh

Yeah, I meant sleeves and case screws. I can buy actual blue and black Corsair cables, but some reviews were saying they were too hard to work with. I think I’m gonna go with a Corsair HXi 1200i. It gets great reviews (and, more importantly, the label is black and blue :russ:)

I’ve been watching Jayz shyt, and I like his videos a lot. On one of his builds he used glass tubing. How that works, I dunno, but it looked real nice.

I was reading up on my Cougar Conquer case, and apparently they make it very difficult to add HDDs and SSDs without removing the mobo completely. I ordered a 10tb HGST 7200 hdd, a 2 tb 860 evo SSD and a 2tb Samsung 970 evo. So that should be enough I think.

Oh, and I bought an insane mechanical keyboard from Roccat. :ohlawd:

ROCCAT® Vulcan

I can’t wait until I get all my components. I’m excited about this project. I’m trying to make this build both as beautiful and powerful as possible. :lupe:
That keyboard looks sick :wow:

get them from cablemods specifically for that model psu
That's all hardline tubing :russ: That's why I hate to even bother today, I have too many moving parts especially m.2 drives and ssd/hdd to continue having to take apart an entire system just to add/remove drives. So now I just add all the sata cables needed even if they aren't in use.

:picard: spent like 2K in ssd's, I am angry how cheap 860 Evo's are compared to 850's. 1TB for 160ish is half what the 850 was, I honestly stopped by HDD since. I compress the files I don't touch in my storage server's, keep everything else on SSD's now :gucci:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That keyboard looks sick :wow:

get them from cablemods specifically for that model psu
That's all hardline tubing :russ: That's why I hate to even bother today, I have too many moving parts especially m.2 drives and ssd/hdd to continue having to take apart an entire system just to add/remove drives. So now I just add all the sata ports needed even if they aren't in use.

:picard: spent like 2K in ssd's, I am angry how cheap 860 Evo's are compared to 850's. 1TB for 160ish is half what the 850 was, I honestly stopped by HDD since. I compress the files I don't touch in my storage server's, keep everything else on SSD's now :gucci:
Yeah, I spent like $1300 on all of those drives

I wanted to get two 4tb samsung 860 evos, but they are like $750 each, and I thought, I don't really need to have all of my games installed on ssds. I'll use the 970 evo as a boot drive and put all of my productivity shyt on there. Then that leaves me with 2tb of ssd space on the 860 evo to put all the games I'm playing regularly. Then the 10tb hdd for media and games I'm not currently playing enough to justify putting on an ssd. I'll just rotate games between the 2tb ssd and the 10tb hdd. I think that should work. :jbhmm:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I spent like $1300 on all of those drives

I wanted to get two 4tb samsung 860 evos, but they are like $750 each, and I thought, I don't really need to have all of my games installed on ssds. I'll use the 970 evo as a boot drive and put all of my productivity shyt on there. Then that leaves me with 2tb of ssd space on the 860 evo to put all the games I'm playing regularly. Then the 10tb hdd for media and games I'm not currently playing enough to justify putting on an ssd. I'll just rotate games between the 2tb ssd and the 10tb hdd. I think that should work. :jbhmm:
NVME - OS, software, games you play on live
SSD - additionally games you play maybe not live or played all the time, cache,
HDD - media/large untouched files (rest of games)

I do a lot of data mining so I use nvme in raid for faster reads throughout the day

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GeForce cards mysteriously begin playing nice with TR's FreeSync monitors

:mjlit:

If NVIDIA doesn't patch it out in the next drivers, they're going for the kill shot on RTG

EDIT:

Update 9/30/18 3:22 AM: After further research and the collection of more high-speed camera footage from our G-Sync displays, I believe the tear-free gameplay we're experiencing on our FreeSync displays in combination with GeForces is a consequence of Windows 10's Desktop Window Manager adding some form of Vsync to the proceedings when games are in borderless windowed mode, rather than any form of VESA Adapative-Sync being engaged with our GeForce cards. Pending a response from Nvidia as to just what we're experiencing, I'd warn against drawing any conclusions from our observations at this time and sincerely apologize for any misleading conclusions we've presented in our original article. The original piece continues below for posterity.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally hooked up my new case(Cooler Master Lite 5 RGB) and replaced the front fans with addressable RGB lights. I added a strip to the back of my TV too. My setup looks decent now.

I can’t see your pic. I’m curious as to what it looks like :jbhmm:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs, how would you go about shipping a MOBO if you don't have the box anymore?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
OK, so this is the build that I'm thinking of going with.

ThoughtA - Entry Level AMD Gaming Build - PCPartPicker

As previously mentioned, the main purpose of this will be to show my daughter the different components and for us to build the computer together. Will use the computer for occasional light gaming, but mainly for web browsing, MS office, Python programming, and photo management.

The one thing I may change with the build is getting an SSD instead of the HDD. A 256GB would be plenty of storage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
1) confused by the question - only site i can think of is moddiy but I don't think that's what you are asking for. For custom sleeving colors - cablemods

2) I can explain but a professional professional will explain better. I use a drain loop for all of my hardline pieces

3) EK has been the most reliable for me, which why I recommend. I suggest you look at the pump and reservoir reviews (for example some of alphacool goes bad). I also like alpha cool for their radiators, there is also thermaltake (owned 2 in the past - 1 was a kit, 1 was individual parts) but they used to make bad materials but idk about their quality of materials today. XSPC, HWlabs and more that I am forgetting or don't care

4-5) You have the resources, go hardline tubing just be very careful. You are going to have a spend around 2-4 hours watching videos, reading on hardline tubing because each video/guide will give you a piece advice the other will not. You can make crazy designs - declassified systems on youtube makes amazing systems with crazy bends.

Yo, these Declassified Systems builds :ohhh:

shyt really is an art form :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Um anyone every had this happen? My friends system is fukking up shyt for some reason. He already lost a few RGB fans(he says when he plugged the RGB module to the PSU and turned on the PC he smelled smoke and the RGB led just stopped working(the fan still powered on.)

The RGB fan basically is plugged into a small module with ports for the fans and the module itself has a sata power cable like this
81rIla3bsQL._SX425_.jpg
which goes into the PSU.

Mines was 4 pin molex and it worked fine. He also had 2 hard drives suddenly die. shyt is weird. He's replacing the PSU. it was a brand new one too.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Um anyone every had this happen? My friends system is fukking up shyt for some reason. He already lost a few RGB fans(he says when he plugged the RGB module to the PSU and turned on the PC he smelled smoke and the RGB led just stopped working(the fan still powered on.)

The RGB fan basically is plugged into a small module with ports for the fans and the module itself has a sata power cable like this
81rIla3bsQL._SX425_.jpg
which goes into the PSU.

Mines was 4 pin molex and it worked fine. He also had 2 hard drives suddenly die. shyt is weird. He's replacing the PSU. it was a brand new one too.
Never use those adapters bullshyt You are asking for your system to catch on fire

Yo, these Declassified Systems builds :ohhh:

shyt really is an art form :wow:
Also look at GGF Events and Singularity computers build