The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA
Hey brehs this Jerry I'm done gaming it just isn't in me any more. I'm going to be parting out my system soon but before I do I would like to see if any of you want any deals before I sell these parts at a normal going rate.
I have a two month old
Acer Predator XB271HU That I could let go to one of you for only 400$ shipped.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Only played a little of Assassins Creed Odyssey and synthetic benches. Numbers good enough to chart in top 20 on Superposition 4k and 8k with a ryzen 5. Odyssey in 1440p maxed settings is running right at 100 fps.
no bottlenecking with the 5, that's pretty good :ohhh:

Newegg has been good to a PC gamer breh. No tax, free shipping, cheaper prices than Amazon. :blessed:
Build is going to come out amazing, how are you going to part out your other build? Is the motherboard manufactured from dell - sounds like a tough sell outside of someone look for a very cheap sold motherboard

----------

friend came over with his build (itx i7 8700k/evga 2080 ti) - single card performance is pretty good :ehh:

The i7 8700K is going for 380-400 :picard:

It's also leaked that the i9 9900k will cost almost 600 euros or usd???? :picard:

if this is true, if you are looking for a new build you might want to take a look at the i5 8600k for best budget/sensible cpu. I'm going to wait for 3rd gen ryzen for my main gaming system upgrade if it's anywhere close to 500-600 dollars a few months after launch

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
no bottlenecking with the 5, that's pretty good :ohhh:

Build is going to come out amazing, how are you going to part out your other build? Is the motherboard manufactured from dell - sounds like a tough sell outside of someone look for a very cheap sold motherboard

----------

friend came over with his build (itx i7 8700k/evga 2080 ti) - single card performance is pretty good :ehh:

The i7 8700K is going for 380-400 :picard:

It's also leaked that the i9 9900k will cost almost 600 euros or usd???? :picard:

if this is true, if you are looking for a new build you might want to take a look at the i5 8600k for best budget/sensible cpu. I'm going to wait for 3rd gen ryzen for my main gaming system upgrade if it's anywhere close to 500-600 dollars a few months after launch
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this build. My EK loop components should ship on the 10th (apparently the water block and back plates were in such high demand that they were on back order until then). I've decided to go with rigid tubing; it just looks better. I bought a bunch of extra tubing, as I know I'll probably fukk that shyt up in the beginning :russ:

I've bought almost everything, except for the hard drives. I'm going to get a 10tb WD Red Pro 7200rpm, 4tb 970 evo NVMe, and a 4tb Samsung 860 Evo 4tb ssd. That costs about $1750 for all of them, but I really want em. I'm waiting on some ebay money before I buy those though. Here's what's going into the build:

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X299 EATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11AD WiGig Wi-Fi USB 3.1
ASUS Sound Card Essence STX II (for my Sennheiser HD800s)
CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire ..
COUGAR Conquer Aluminum Alloy ATX Mid Tower Aluminum Frame Tempered Glass Gaming Case with LED Fan
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model ...
CORSAIR GAMING ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand with 7.1 Surround Sound
Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Mouse with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatibility
Logitech G Powerplay Wireless Charging System for G703, G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mice
WD Red Pro WD101KFBX 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 2TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7E2T0BW
Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset - Lossless High Fidelity Wireless + Bluetooth - PlayStation 4 & PC
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 4TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E4T0B/AM
ROCCAT - VULCAN 120 AIMO Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Back Lighting - Black
i9 7900x from my alienware
Two 2080 ti s
Custom black and blue sleeved cables from CableMod (which cost $250 for everything :huhldup:)
Then the loop stuff.

I've been selling my old parts on ebay. I sold both Titan X (Pascals) for a little over $600 each. I also had an old Titan X (Maxwell) laying around that somebody bought for $325 (I never thought I'd get that much for the card :whoo:). I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the other shyt. I guess I could sell the ram and mobo, but I'm sure I won't be getting much money for that. I think I could sell the case for a good price (it's actually very high quality). What do you recommend?

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this build. My EK loop components should ship on the 10th (apparently the water block and back plates were in such high demand that they were on back order until then). I've decided to go with rigid tubing; it just looks better. I bought a bunch of extra tubing, as I know I'll probably fukk that shyt up in the beginning :russ:

I've bought almost everything, except for the hard drives. I'm going to get a 10tb WD Red Pro 7200rpm, 4tb 970 evo NVMe, and a 4tb Samsung 860 Evo 4tb ssd. That costs about $1750 for all of them, but I really want em. I'm waiting on some ebay money before I buy those though. Here's what's going into the build:

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X299 EATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11AD WiGig Wi-Fi USB 3.1
ASUS Sound Card Essence STX II (for my Sennheiser HD800s)
CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire ..
COUGAR Conquer Aluminum Alloy ATX Mid Tower Aluminum Frame Tempered Glass Gaming Case with LED Fan
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model ...
CORSAIR GAMING ST100 RGB Premium Headset Stand with 7.1 Surround Sound
Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Mouse with POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatibility
Logitech G Powerplay Wireless Charging System for G703, G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mice
WD Red Pro WD101KFBX 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 2TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7E2T0BW
Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset - Lossless High Fidelity Wireless + Bluetooth - PlayStation 4 & PC
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 4TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E4T0B/AM
ROCCAT - VULCAN 120 AIMO Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Back Lighting - Black
i9 7900x from my alienware
Two 2080 ti s
Custom black and blue sleeved cables from CableMod (which cost $250 for everything :huhldup:)
Then the loop stuff.

I've been selling my old parts on ebay. I sold both Titan X (Pascals) for a little over $600 each. I also had an old Titan X (Maxwell) laying around that somebody bought for $325 (I never thought I'd get that much for the card :whoo:). I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the other shyt. I guess I could sell the ram and mobo, but I'm sure I won't be getting much money for that. I think I could sell the case for a good price (it's actually very high quality). What do you recommend?
Jesus christ that budget all at once, 250 dollars for some cables, did you buy a cable for each one available? I only bought for major component parts which were like 120-160 at the time.
Spent like 6-7K to upgrade your PC, some next level shyt
:gucci:

If it's a dell board you'll get shyt for it, if the ram is okay speed you can probably get 100-120 each for 16gb of ram (2x 8gb)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Jesus christ that budget all at once, 250 dollars for some cables, did you buy a cable for each one available? I only bought for major component parts which were like 120-160 at the time.
Spent like 6-7K to upgrade your PC, some next level shyt
:gucci:

If it's a dell board you'll get shyt for it, if the ram is okay speed you can probably get 100-120 each for 16gb of ram (2x 8gb)
Yeah, my whole setup is pushing 5 figures, if you include existing components. :sadcam:

I think I'm going to buy an insurance plan for this build :pachaha: (like for real though)

I'm looking to make this PC a show piece, and a piece of art (I'm still going to custom paint the case in the Jackson Pollack style). It'll be a good hobby for me.

In regard to the cables, I got the whole set and then the extension set (the Cougar case is big, tilted, and the psu is in a weird position).

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Parting out prebuilds can be tough. The only way to get a decent return is to sell the whole unit as one.

That case might go for a nice premium though.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, my whole setup is pushing 5 figures, if you include existing components. :sadcam:

I think I'm going to buy an insurance plan for this build :pachaha: (like for real though)

I'm looking to make this PC a show piece, and a piece of art (I'm still going to custom paint the case in the Jackson Pollack style). It'll be a good hobby for me.

In regard to the cables, I got the whole set and then the extension set (the Cougar case is big, tilted, and the psu is in a weird position).
At least you won't have to upgrade for at least 2 years unless you go nuts and get titan's again and again :russ:
Parting out prebuilds can be tough. The only way to get a decent return is to sell the whole unit as one.

That case might go for a nice premium though.
true

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

about 11 years ago i built an acrylic, see through case for my pc.
2 weeks later the power supply died and i had to get a whole new rig.

i worked at a place that had the material i needed to do it and the hardware to cut it to size so i went all in with it.
it was crazy fun to do but then my shyt just died and i trashed the whole thing.

it was dope for a hot minute.