The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Never use those adapters bullshyt You are asking for your system to catch on fire

Also look at GGF Events and Singularity computers build

Thought about singularity reservoirs but this Heatkiller tube went with my build perfectly. Have the evga XC on the way and Heatkiller gpu block out of stock so had to go with the EKWB RGB with nickel plating. Damn i dont feel like tearing this build apart and draining it. :snoop:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Um anyone every had this happen? My friends system is fukking up shyt for some reason. He already lost a few RGB fans(he says when he plugged the RGB module to the PSU and turned on the PC he smelled smoke and the RGB led just stopped working(the fan still powered on.)

The RGB fan basically is plugged into a small module with ports for the fans and the module itself has a sata power cable like this
81rIla3bsQL._SX425_.jpg
which goes into the PSU.

Mines was 4 pin molex and it worked fine. He also had 2 hard drives suddenly die. shyt is weird. He's replacing the PSU. it was a brand new one too.
were the HDD's and the fans on the same sata power cable?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Thought about singularity reservoirs but this Heatkiller tube went with my build perfectly. Have the evga XC on the way and Heatkiller gpu block out of stock so had to go with the EKWB RGB with nickel plating. Damn i dont feel like tearing this build apart and draining it. :snoop:
Let me know how the heatkiller gpu block works out :patrice:

You have no choice :russ:
I still won't take my 7700k apart. This is why I've avoided hardline watercooling all year. Eventually will once the 2080 ti poseidon come out:mjcry:

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
Let me know how the heatkiller gpu block works out :patrice:

You have no choice :russ:
I still won't take my 7700k apart. This is why I've avoided hardline watercooling all year. Eventually will once the 2080 ti poseidon come out:mjcry:

Couldn't wait for the heatkiller, card arrives sat and performancepcs only have EK and were down to last few so I grabbed it. :yeshrug:I really dont think im going to do the hardtubes yet, going to wait for some extra days off on that one.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Couldn't wait for the heatkiller, card arrives sat and performancepcs only have EK and were down to last few so I grabbed it. :yeshrug:I really dont think im going to do the hardtubes yet, going to wait for some extra days off on that one.
Yup it's a week end task honestly.
I used to do it professional funny enough

I'm not even going to bother watercooling my 2080 ti cards if poseidon don't come out or are let's say 1400 (will not pay that). If it wasn't for this amazing stupid monitor, I'd give up SLI like everyone should.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yup it's a week end task honestly.
I used to do it professional funny enough

I'm not even going to bother watercooling my 2080 ti cards if poseidon don't come out or are let's say 1400 (will not pay that). If it wasn't for this amazing stupid monitor, I'd give up SLI like everyone should.
How are you liking that monitor? I’m thinking about picking up the ASUS version. 27” is smaller than I want, but I don’t really want to wait until next year for a 32” 4K, 144hz, HDR monitor to use with my 2080tis

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
After a few months, I think I made a mistake with this Freesync ultrawide monitor

Damn near everything I play I have to install fan made mods to get proper 21:9..shyt just waay too niche I guess.
Yup, you’re unfortunately right about that. I used to play in 3 monitors, and then the community mods went away and only like 1 in 20 games supported it. I then went to a 16:9 1440p, and played that for a while. Then ultrawides (like the one you have) became more popular. I picked up a Dell 1440p ultra widescreen and played that for a while. Then, as I should have expected, games stopped supporting that too, and I was getting tired of playing games with letter boxed screens. I went back to 16:9, and that’s where I’ll stay. Three monitor and ultra wide screen gaming is fukking amazing when it works (especially 3 monitor gaming). However, it’s extremely rare for a game to work outside of 16:9 screens. :francis:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Ultrawide might never take off. I think it’s great for productivity and not having 2 monitors at your desk, but it hurts in gaming. I don’t regret mine, but whenever I rarely play a pc game these days I just connect to my shytty 1080P Samsung :francis:

Screen tearing and all sort of stupid shyt on those ultrawides because of proper support :francis:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
How are you liking that monitor? I’m thinking about picking up the ASUS version. 27” is smaller than I want, but I don’t really want to wait until next year for a 32” 4K, 144hz, HDR monitor to use with my 2080tis
It's amazing to the point, it's the only monitor I game on now, I don't even bother gaming on 3440x1440 (freesync) or using my aw 240hz maybe once or twice a month. The HDR is next level from any monitor that I've experienced. I would 100% recommend it if you have the 1800 (current cost of microcenter I went today). A lot of people hate the 8-bit part a nd being caped at 120hz because current display ports but idgaf, I've been waiting for these monitors for years. I'd only tell you to buy it if you are willing to get rid of both your current monitors. Higher bit would have to be mind blowing too for me to even consider buying another monitor for years too.*
Only regret I have is the price honestly, it should of cost 1000-1400.

Ultrawide might never take off. I think it’s great for productivity and not having 2 monitors at your desk, but it hurts in gaming. I don’t regret mine, but whenever I rarely play a pc game these days I just connect to my shytty 1080P Samsung :francis:

Screen tearing and all sort of stupid shyt on those ultrawides because of proper support :francis:
Yup, I don't even bother outside of games like witcher, assassin creed etc which I now just play on TV. Ultrawide should be a secondary monitor.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's amazing to the point, it's the only monitor I game on now, I don't even bother gaming on 3440x1440 or using my aw 240hz once a month. The HDR is next level from any monitor that I've experienced. I would 100% recommend it if you have the 1800 (current cost of microcenter I went today). A lot of people hate the 8-bit part a nd being caped at 120hz because current display ports but idgaf, I've been waiting for these monitors for years. I'd only tell you to buy it if you are willing to get rid of both your current monitors.
Only regret I have is the price honestly, it should of cost 1000-1400.
$1800? That’s easier to swallow than the $2200 Amazon is charging. I don’t think I’m ready to get rid of my two 32” monitors though. However, I basically have these 2 so I can play 144hz or 4K. I guess the ASUS kinda fixes that problem. I’d say 2 of those ASUS monitors would be ideal, but I’m not paying close to $4K for the privilege. I’d rather pay the rumored $5K for the 65” BFD TVs Nvidia will be releasing early next year. I do love HDR on my 4K TV though. Going back to “normal” shyt on my monitors feels washed out. Maybe I’ll just wait until Black Friday and hope for a sale. I’d definitely pay $1500 for that monitor :jbhmm:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
$1800? That’s easier to swallow than the $2200 Amazon is charging. I don’t think I’m ready to get rid of my two 32” monitors though. However, I basically have these 2 so I can play 144hz or 4K. I guess the ASUS kinda fixes that problem. I’d say 2 of those ASUS monitors would be ideal, but I’m not paying close to $4K for the privilege. I’d rather pay the rumored $5K for the 65” BFD TVs Nvidia will be releasing early next year. I do love HDR on my 4K TV though. Going back to “normal” shyt on my monitors feels washed out. Maybe I’ll just wait until Black Friday and hope for a sale. I’d definitely pay $1500 for that monitor :jbhmm:
Yeah you are a tough spot. I had my previous monitors for over a year and half or 2 at the time.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I own the Asus version. Highly recommended and I'm a videophile (4k JVC projector, learned how to professionally calibrate all my displays etc.) I've owned the Asus 165hz, Dell 34" ultrawide you had and a bunch of other shyt and this monitor shyts on everything. It's not perfect but it's the best.