The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I’m a big fan of abstract art, and I was thinking about mixing that with my build. I figured I could paint it by hand, but the vinyl idea is a good one. I’m gonna think about it more.

I was also thinking about a dripping blood color scheme as well, with a white base and red fluid. Or even a black and red scheme. I dunno. I gotta mock some ideas up. I’m probably being too ambitious, honestly. I’m just excited about the possibilities :jbhmm:

No such thing that would be really cool, also take a look at dip paint (Hydro dip). I've seen it done on rims, shouldn't be hard to do on a case too.

------

HYDRO X SERIES

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
they are spinning disk inside - you can pick up a 240-500gb ssd now for 30-70 dollars now a days
I've dropped my norco server but drives were in place, didn't damage it. I suggest you create a backup and send the drives to WD, it should still be under warranty

I don't see those prices on amazon

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
@daze23 is right. You should get an SSD.

Try using HGST’s WinDFT program (it works on all HDDs)

Run the advanced test (it will take a long time. As a baseline, It takes about 12 hours to test my 6tb)

Downloads | HGST

It’ll let you know definitively if your shyt is fukked up or not

I have an old hdd that was in my laptop from 2010...... if hgst says the wd is bad, can I use the laptop hdd in my desktop?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I have an old hdd that was in my laptop from 2010...... if hgst says the wd is bad, can I use the laptop hdd in my desktop?

I guess the laptop hdd could work in you desktop, but you may need an enclosure. I would really just buy a new SSD. They are cheap now, and you will definitely notice your system running a lot more quickly

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I guess the laptop hdd could work in you desktop, but you may need an enclosure. I would really just buy a new SSD. They are cheap now, and you will definitely notice your system running a lot more quickly

I am..... the wd blue 500gb ssd for $70 on Amazon..... but delivery could take a week or two...... I still need to use my desktop

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I got a package from NVIDIA today:

0MMusTt.jpg

Thanks for sending me the NV Link, but no GPUs :beli:

--------

Also, I was wondering, how much harder is it to deal with rigid tubing vs soft tubing? I think rigid looks better, but it also appears to be much more difficult to deal with. As a beginner, should I just go with soft?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I was thinking about a color scheme for my future build. I'm kinda interested in doing a Jackson Pollock type case, where I just drip blotches of paint over the case, and have the inside lighting rainbow colored (no 6ix9ine :dame:). I wanna have the base color be black though, then crazy vibrant colors dripped over the rest of the case. So, something like this:

81xcJrAqviL.jpg

I dunno though. It could look too crazy and all over the place. I'm gonna think on it :patrice:

That would be dope. A Piet Mondrian where the white is clear would be dope too.
inspired_bei_mondrian_by_manshonyagger-d35kfou.jpg

mondrian.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That would be dope. A Piet Mondrian where the white is clear would be dope too.
inspired_bei_mondrian_by_manshonyagger-d35kfou.jpg

mondrian.jpg
That is cool. :ehh:

Getting straight lines throughout may be difficult, but I’m sure I could work it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m gonna start building next month when my 2 2080 tis come in (which I guess is mid Oct now).

I might actually take the case into a car shop and get it professionally painted. It’ll be a bit expensive, but it won’t be fukked up either. We’ll see:jbhmm:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
is that legit?... i trust amazon.....
I'm using my laptops hdd btw.... its old and way thinner but its an improvement... plus this windows 10 disc never asks for the product code :manny:

yes
----

2080ti SLI performance is amazing :wow: 40-50% scaling in a ton of scenarios

RTX is going to be a huge flop overall, I don't know how they are going to sell 20 series cards in the future compared to 10 series. The 2060 better be a 350 dollar card (50 more). Too much hype, too fast to release before games caught up.

AMD gpu's are trash but everything they are doing with partners is outstanding. I've been playing monster hunter w/ vegas on my samsung TV (supports freesync) before going to bed.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think I've decided upon my color scheme for the Cougar Conqueror build. I'm gonna do black and blue inside the case, with blue dye in the water. Fans will light up blue, the psu wires will be blue, mobo lights blue, ram blue, keeping the black backround for the mobo and psu. For the case, I think I'm going to attempt that Jackson Pollock shyt with a black base color, and then drips of a wide variety of colors (darker end of the spectrum though). I already have a black and blue DXRacer chair, and I think I'm gonna get on of those large standing desks, black with blue accents. My keyboard, mouse pad, and mouse will light up blue, and the RGB shyt on my LG monitor will be blue. :wow:

I can't wait. Nvidia better not fukk around with my Oct 8th ship date for the two 2080tis :ufdup:. It's so close :lupe:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yes
----

2080ti SLI performance is amazing :wow: 40-50% scaling in a ton of scenarios

RTX is going to be a huge flop overall, I don't know how they are going to sell 20 series cards in the future compared to 10 series. The 2060 better be a 350 dollar card (50 more). Too much hype, too fast to release before games caught up.

AMD gpu's are trash but everything they are doing with partners is outstanding. I've been playing monster hunter w/ vegas on my samsung TV (supports freesync) before going to bed.
Personally, I think they’ll launch a Titan X (Turing) that will cost $1800 to $2,000 and will be 20% faster than the 2080ti. Then they’ll release a 2080ti part 2 for $1500. After that it’ll be 30xx time.

LurkerLost1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NC
I think I've decided upon my color scheme for the Cougar Conqueror build. I'm gonna do black and blue inside the case, with blue dye in the water. Fans will light up blue, the psu wires will be blue, mobo lights blue, ram blue, keeping the black backround for the mobo and psu. For the case, I think I'm going to attempt that Jackson Pollock shyt with a black base color, and then drips of a wide variety of colors (darker end of the spectrum though). I already have a black and blue DXRacer chair, and I think I'm gonna get on of those large standing desks, black with blue accents. My keyboard, mouse pad, and mouse will light up blue, and the RGB shyt on my LG monitor will be blue. :wow:

I can't wait. Nvidia better not fukk around with my Oct 8th ship date for the two 2080tis :ufdup:. It's so close :lupe:

My 2080 ti is shipping on Oct 8th too, hopefully that won't change and i can put this new Predator 1440/165 hz IPS to the test. :blessed: I need to see what these EKWB blocks look like in a build before i switch to heatkiller.