The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
if your desktop tower falls over while you're using it.... what gets damaged? ... im saying this because i knocked my tower over and now the hdd light stays on and i noticed a slow down in loading (everything almost)...... I have a windows 10 home disc.. just wanted to know has anyone else experienced this....

...worst case.... do I buy a new hdd? if so... what kind?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if your desktop tower falls over while you're using it.... what gets damaged? ... im saying this because i knocked my tower over and now the hdd light stays on and i noticed a slow down in loading (everything almost)...... I have a windows 10 home disc.. just wanted to know has anyone else experienced this....

better back up your important shyt before that HD gives up.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Sounds like you killed your hard drive. Try running a disk check within your OS and then see what happens.

Stick with WD if you are getting another hard drive. 3.5" model if possible.

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Sounds like you killed your hard drive. Try running a disk check within your OS and then see what happens.

Stick with WD if you are getting another hard drive. 3.5" model if possible.

I did... it said there were no errors found..... but the hdd light is still solid and not blinking :francis:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Gonna start building my own rig. Not to play games on but rather as an activity with my daughter to show her the components of a PC.

Will likely be in the $1k range.

Thinking of going with Micro ATX... Don't want a big ass case and shyt. Thoughts?

Oh and speaking of cases, gonna go with Fractal .

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

get it there and make sure no plugs got knocked loose. you wanna check the SATA connection from your HDD to your motherboard, as well as the power to the HDD. and make sure everything else looks straight

but yeah, you probably damaged your HDD. a mechanical HDD is probably the most delicate thing in any PC. get a SSD...

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Try 3rd party tools such as crystaldisk and even seatools to see what it says.

websites are taking longer to load...

Check the HDD cabling. For the drive, and the indicator light.

the hdd light is still on..... 5hrs straight

get it there and make sure no plugs got knocked loose. you wanna check the SATA connection from your HDD to your motherboard, as well as the power to the HDD. and make sure everything else looks straight

but yeah, you probably damaged your HDD. a mechanical HDD is probably the most delicate thing in any PC. get a SSD...

:gucci:.........

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

@daze23 is right. You should get an SSD.

Try using HGST’s WinDFT program (it works on all HDDs)

Run the advanced test (it will take a long time. As a baseline, It takes about 12 hours to test my 6tb)

Downloads | HGST

It’ll let you know definitively if your shyt is fukked up or not

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking about a color scheme for my future build. I'm kinda interested in doing a Jackson Pollock type case, where I just drip blotches of paint over the case, and have the inside lighting rainbow colored (no 6ix9ine :dame:). I wanna have the base color be black though, then crazy vibrant colors dripped over the rest of the case. So, something like this:

81xcJrAqviL.jpg

I dunno though. It could look too crazy and all over the place. I'm gonna think on it :patrice:
Beside those dip things, idk how you will do that. Or maybe find a vinyl company.

Gonna start building my own rig. Not to play games on but rather as an activity with my daughter to show her the components of a PC.

Will likely be in the $1k range.

Thinking of going with Micro ATX... Don't want a big ass case and shyt. Thoughts?

Oh and speaking of cases, gonna go with Fractal .

If you aren't going to build a high end gaming system, just get a 2200G (4 cores/4 threads) or 2400g (4 cores/8 threads) and am4 b450 motherboard and 8 or 16gb of ram, some cheap ssd, case, any psu. Light gaming on it too. (you can easily spend 400-500 on this) Nice father-daughter moment :salute:

MMA

Superstar
Daps

they are spinning disk inside - you can pick up a 240-500gb ssd now for 30-70 dollars now a days
I've dropped my norco server but drives were in place, didn't damage it. I suggest you create a backup and send the drives to WD, it should still be under warranty

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Beside those dip things, idk how you will do that. Or maybe find a vinyl company.

If you aren't going to build a high end gaming system, just get a 2200G (4 cores/4 threads) or 2400g (4 cores/8 threads) and am4 b450 motherboard and 8 or 16gb of ram, some cheap ssd, case, any psu. Light gaming on it too. (you can easily spend 400-500 on this) Nice father-daughter moment :salute:
I’m a big fan of abstract art, and I was thinking about mixing that with my build. I figured I could paint it by hand, but the vinyl idea is a good one. I’m gonna think about it more.

I was also thinking about a dripping blood color scheme as well, with a white base and red fluid. Or even a black and red scheme. I dunno. I gotta mock some ideas up. I’m probably being too ambitious, honestly. I’m just excited about the possibilities :jbhmm: