The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli

How much TB is all of your games :jbhmm:

All my games take up so much space that I've deleted a lot of them from my hdd and ssd. I currently have a 6tb hdd that holds 836 games and then like 3 or 4 games I'm currently playing on my 500gb ssd. I have 1656 games total.

I've been meaning to buy a 10tb WD Black 7200 HDD, but I've been lazy. I wish I had 10tb of ssd storage like @duckbutta (:wow:). I've been putting aside money every month for PC upgrades and shyt (like I've always done). Honestly, I'm probably gonna buy a new computer this fall, when the new CPUs and GPUs come out. I don't build anymore, so I'm thinking about going with OriginPC and have them liquid cool everything (I've never had liquid cooled GPUs before).

For the last 3 years, I've bought a completely new computer in the fall. I typically sell parts from my old computer at that time as well, which offsets some of the costs. PC heads probably think I'm crazy, but I like to start over every year with all new shyt (where possible, as new generation GPUs only come out every 2 years, etc). :manny:

Though, I am considering buying a new car (perhaps a Tesla) and/or a new motorcycle (I've been interested in the BMW R 1200 GS, and in TX I can ride all year long). :jbhmm:

I used to ride a bike all year round when I was living in OKC, Charlotte, CT and Phoenix. I sold it before I moved to Chicago and subsequently DC. Now that I'm in TX, I wanna get back into motorcycles. So maybe I'll use some of that set aside PC money on a new vehicle. Regardless, at minimum, I'm upgrading my GPUs. :hubie:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
All my games take up so much space that I've deleted a lot of them from my hdd and ssd. I currently have a 6tb hdd that holds 836 games and then like 3 or 4 games I'm currently playing on my 500gb ssd. I have 1656 games total.

I've been meaning to buy a 10tb WD Black 7200 HDD, but I've been lazy. I wish I had 10tb of ssd storage like @duckbutta (:wow:). I've been putting aside money every month for PC upgrades and shyt (like I've always done). Honestly, I'm probably gonna buy a new computer this fall, when the new CPUs and GPUs come out. I don't build anymore, so I'm thinking about going with OriginPC and have them liquid cool everything (I've never had liquid cooled GPUs before).

For the last 3 years, I've bought a completely new computer in the fall. I typically sell parts from my old computer at that time as well, which offsets some of the costs. PC heads probably think I'm crazy, but I like to start over every year with all new shyt (where possible, as new generation GPUs only come out every 2 years, etc). :manny:

Though, I am considering buying a new car (perhaps a Tesla) and/or a new motorcycle (I've been interested in the BMW R 1200 GS, and in TX I can ride all year long). :jbhmm:

I used to ride a bike all year round when I was living in OKC, Charlotte, CT and Phoenix. I sold it before I moved to Chicago and subsequently DC. Now that I'm in TX, I wanna get back into motorcycles. So maybe I'll use some of that set aside PC money on a new vehicle. Regardless, at minimum, I'm upgrading my GPUs. :hubie:

You are going to love the liquid cool, it's like having an functional art piece in your house :whew:

6TB for 850+ games is pretty good, I assumed you would need like 25-35 TB. All of my play online games, I keep on nvme/ssd - everything else is on HDD. There's no difference beside starting load time.

I read that has a 10TB (1) SSD, I was like what!!

Wow BMW bikes are, :ohlawd: I wanted a R for backroad cruising when I was 17. That S 1000 RR has been calling my name but I don't ride on the street no longer either. Too much horror stories - prefer strictly off roading in 450r/250x. I live in a condense area -If you live in a less condense area, it's perfect

Pc gamers/computer guys are always car/bike people too :russ: Where is the correlation from

I wouldn't upgrade your entire pc to be honest. You should only buy the i7 (understand why you don't) models for that. I'd upgrade the gpu and if you could just find someone down in texas to watercool your system. I probably could find someone to do that if you'd like.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You are going to love the liquid cool, it's like having an functional art piece in your house :whew:

6TB for 850+ games is pretty good, I assumed you would need like 25-35 TB. All of my play online games, I keep on nvme/ssd - everything else is on HDD. There's no difference beside starting load time.

I read that has a 10TB (1) SSD, I was like what!!

Wow BMW bikes are, :ohlawd: I wanted a R for backroad cruising when I was 17. That S 1000 RR has been calling my name but I don't ride on the street no longer either. Too much horror stories - prefer strictly off roading in 450r/250x. I live in a condense area -If you live in a less condense area, it's perfect

Pc gamers/computer guys are always car/bike people too :russ: Where is the correlation from

I wouldn't upgrade your entire pc to be honest. You should only buy the i7 (understand why you don't) models for that. I'd upgrade the gpu and if you could just find someone down in texas to watercool your system. I probably could find someone to do that if you'd like.
Thanks, breh. I might take you up on that offer. :salute:

I'll need to migrate my current components to a new case if I wanna liquid cool my GPUs. There are some nice cases out there that Iook like art. I can't remember what case it was, but somebody posted a case in here that looked like a race car. You had to use their specialty PSU though. But it looked :ohlawd:

Regarding bikes, I had a good friend die on one (he was doing wheelies on the highway, so he is to blame for that), which kinda shook me. I had a minor accident in OKC, and a few near misses in other areas. I don't know if you were in here when I mentioned this, but I used to not give a shyt about life, at all. I would go 130 on the highway with no helmet in OKC and CT, ride my sportbike (a Ninja 650) up superstition mountain in AZ, drunk, with a passenger, in the dark (:wow:), rode my bike in Manhattan and Brooklyn everyday some summers ago.

I'm much safer now, quit drugs and alcohol, and live a pretty reserved life. I kinda want some excitement though, in the form of a motorcycle. We'll see. I do care about my safety and life more now, so I dunno :patrice:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Thanks, breh. I might take you up on that offer. :salute:

I'll need to migrate my current components to a new case if I wanna liquid cool my GPUs. There are some nice cases out there that Iook like art. I can't remember what case it was, but somebody posted a case in here that looked like a race car. You had to use their specialty PSU though. But it looked :ohlawd:

Regarding bikes, I had a good friend die on one (he was doing wheelies on the highway, so he is to blame for that), which kinda shook me. I had a minor accident in OKC, and a few near misses in other areas. I don't know if you were in here when I mentioned this, but I used to not give a shyt about life, at all. I would go 130 on the highway with no helmet in OKC and CT, ride my sportbike (a Ninja 650) up superstition mountain in AZ, drunk, with a passenger, in the dark (:wow:), rode my bike in Manhattan and Brooklyn everyday some summers ago.

I'm much safer now, quit drugs and alcohol, and live a pretty reserved life. I kinda want some excitement though, in the form of a motorcycle. We'll see. I do care about my safety and life more now, so I dunno :patrice:

Didn't expect all of that

1.gif

11-553-027-Z01.jpg

COUGAR Conquer Aluminum Alloy ATX Mid Tower Aluminum Frame Tempered Glass Gaming Case with LED Fan - Newegg.com

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How many fans y'all running? I'm wondering if there could be too many fans or if buying aftermarket fans would be better for the machine than stock fans.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How many fans y'all running? I'm wondering if there could be too many fans or if buying aftermarket fans would be better for the machine than stock fans.
You can never have too many fans in my opinion. The only problem with a ton of fans is that it can get pretty loud. I'm running like 4 fans and a radiator now, but, prior to my current setup, I had something like 8 fans in an obsidian 800d case...:dead:

I'm always battling heat, especially when cooling two powerful gpus on air. I turn all my fans up when I play games that use two gpus. I just put on a headset and the sound gets drowned out. :ehh:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah I feel ya. I got the front and back stock ones and the liquid cooler on the top middle. Was thinking of getting one for the top back but gotta check if I have an open port for it on the motherboard. I don't remember if they run three or four pins or maybe it depends on the fan. My system is a bit loud now anyways but that's because the top isn't closed.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You can never have too many fans in my opinion. The only problem with a ton of fans is that it can get pretty loud. I'm running like 4 fans and a radiator now, but, prior to my current setup, I had something like 8 fans in an obsidian 800d case...:dead:

I'm always battling heat, especially when cooling two powerful gpus on air. I turn all my fans up when I play games that use two gpus. I just put on a headset and the sound gets drowned out. :ehh:
Still with the Alienware right? I don’t like loud setups, but if you have a well built case and keep your fans large + spinning as low as possible it’s ok.

Ideally I go with 4x120MM case fans. I love noctua fans, but their color schemes :comeon:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Still with the Alienware right? I don’t like loud setups, but if you have a well built case and keep your fans large + spinning as low as possible it’s ok.

Ideally I go with 4x120MM case fans. I love noctua fans, but their color schemes :comeon:
Yup, for the time being. I really wanna have liquid cooled gpus too, but I guess I gotta wait for them to come out first

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I keep forgetting about monitors:snoop:. I need to worry about copping one of them and stop using HDMI to game on my TV

I'm about to finally get around to selling my AOC 1080p 144hz Gsync TN monitor. May post the link in here when I'm ready. I upgraded to 1440p last year and been sitting on that monitor.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Has much as you want. Just make sure to a well balanced airflow - look into this. You want some fans pulling air in and a fan(s) pulling air out.
The loudest fan will be the cpu fan, I suggest you go aio if you want quieter sound.