The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t have anything :dame:
I’ll likely build a pc in November/December, but I don’t want to have to shell out more money for a graphics card when Cyberpunk drops.

1080/60 ultra ain't shyt anymore tbh, as far as needed performance. Unless you got a CPU-bound game

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Its just intel being greedy. You want as many threads as possible especially if you are planning to stick with a system for a while. 8 threads seems like overkill now, but it won’t be in a few years. Essentially forcing the core i9 processors on the enthusiasts.

I'm guessing you mean right now it does not matter but....will this push people to Ryzen or will intel keep the gaming crown with these new chips?

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
:pachaha:

Golem: Intel Core i9-9900K will be soldered

According to German website Golem.de, Intel’s new mid-range flagship 8-core processor will be soldered. Several Intel-related sources have independently confirmed this to our German colleagues.

It is further said that both upcoming 8-core Intel processors coming with 9th Gen Core series will be soldered. That means Core i9-9900K and i7-9700K will use a solder between the IHS and the die.

The thermal compound used for current generation processors can be removed in the process called delidding. This technique voids the warranty and requires special tools (or a very steady hand). Yet still, it’s very popular among PC enthusiasts.

Intel has not used solder in this price range since Sandy Bridge. The return to soldering is likely to improve cooling efficiency and increase clock speeds further. The Core i9-9900K allegedly boosts up to 5 GHz.

It is worth noting that the same rumor has been published by PC Builder’s Club around 9 days ago. The website further claimed that the chip is capable of reaching 5.5 GHz

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm guessing you mean right now it does not matter but....will this push people to Ryzen or will intel keep the gaming crown with these new chips?
Intel will always likely rule the very top of the top.

lol @ the soldered rumor. That would be fukking wild. They must be really scared of losing that apple money in the coming years :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
yo so now that I think of it.....

Ive only gamed on my Laptop.....a mf HP with A8 APU .... I was able to play 2K, Fallout 3, Outlast, Dead Island, Skyrim all on that laptop. All @ 1080p. Never checked framerate either. Just played them hoes....

Now I got the chance to cop a GTX570 and GTX780 for like $20 from a garage sale... Should I cop? Is the difference that huge? Ive never gamed with a dedicated graphics card... Cuz all I need is 1080p and 60fps...

Any advice? Or should I just pay $100-$150 for 1050/ti??

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

Ive only gamed on my Laptop.....a mf HP with A8 APU .... I was able to play 2K, Fallout 3, Outlast, Dead Island, Skyrim all on that laptop. All @ 1080p. Never checked framerate either. Just played them hoes....

Now I got the chance to cop a GTX570 and GTX780 for like $20 from a garage sale... Should I cop? Is the difference that huge? Ive never gamed with a dedicated graphics card... Cuz all I need is 1080p and 60fps...

You plan to buy it for your desktop or laptop?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
:pachaha:

Golem: Intel Core i9-9900K will be soldered

According to German website Golem.de, Intel’s new mid-range flagship 8-core processor will be soldered. Several Intel-related sources have independently confirmed this to our German colleagues.

It is further said that both upcoming 8-core Intel processors coming with 9th Gen Core series will be soldered. That means Core i9-9900K and i7-9700K will use a solder between the IHS and the die.

The thermal compound used for current generation processors can be removed in the process called delidding. This technique voids the warranty and requires special tools (or a very steady hand). Yet still, it’s very popular among PC enthusiasts.

Intel has not used solder in this price range since Sandy Bridge. The return to soldering is likely to improve cooling efficiency and increase clock speeds further. The Core i9-9900K allegedly boosts up to 5 GHz.

It is worth noting that the same rumor has been published by PC Builder’s Club around 9 days ago. The website further claimed that the chip is capable of reaching 5.5 GHz

Irony sandybridge being the last good consumer generation :mjpls:

Intel will always likely rule the very top of the top.

lol @ the soldered rumor. That would be fukking wild. They must be really scared of losing that apple money in the coming years :pachaha:

Apple said they are already making their own chip. Just look at what happened between them and nvidia. Apple doesn't want another one of those scenario again and the latest i9 is furthering their point.

Can't believe I'm defending apple but the way Intel and Nvidia run business :scust:

Unfortunately intel will continue to hold majority of market share. a i7 without HypT, I'm ready to cut ties if AMD can continue performing at a 1-5% rate close (comparing 2700x vs 8700k - both overclocked)
:scust:

Breh said a GTX570, you should be paid to use that today.
Buy a used 970 or 980 for 100-150 or if you can go a little higher get a 1060 6gb for 200 dollars.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Breh said a GTX570, you should be paid to use that today.
Buy a used 970 or 980 for 100-150 or if you can go a little higher get a 1060 6gb for 200 dollars.

I mean shyt, I compared the integrated graphics of the AMD chip to a 570 using gpubenchmark and it say the 570 whoopin the integrated ass. shyt I can prolly get it for free. I’ve already been gaming on a APU, I figured it would be a hella cheap , big upgrade....
I wanted to have a cheap system for now until I cop all the parts for my main system. I paid 0$ for my Optiplex :flabbynsick:so far

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I mean shyt, I compared the integrated graphics of the AMD chip to a 570 using gpubenchmark and it say the 570 whoopin the integrated ass. shyt I can prolly get it for free. I’ve already been gaming on a APU, I figured it would be a hella cheap , big upgrade....
I wanted to have a cheap system for now until I cop all the parts for my main system. I paid 0$ for my Optiplex :flabbynsick:so far
I need to save my post, your gaming only matters dependent on the monitor you are playing. So let's say you are playing on a 1080p monitor w/ 60hz. The gpu won't really change or massively improve your performance or quality of gaming unless you upgrade your monitor and gpu.

I'd buy the gpu for 20 dollars in your situation.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I need to save my post, your gaming only matters dependent on the monitor you are playing. So let's say you are playing on a 1080p monitor w/ 60hz. The gpu won't really change or massively improve your performance or quality of gaming unless you upgrade your monitor and gpu.

I'd buy the gpu for 20 dollars in your situation.

I keep forgetting about monitors:snoop:. I need to worry about copping one of them and stop using HDMI to game on my TV