The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Has much as you want. Just make sure to a well balanced airflow - look into this. You want some fans pulling air in and a fan(s) pulling air out.
The loudest fan will be the cpu fan, I suggest you go aio if you want quieter sound.
I done removed my hard drive bay. Thing is huge with three slots. Looked like it was blocking air flow so figure why not. :manny:

y05JOG7.jpg

That gap next to the fan on the right is where it was at.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I done removed my hard drive bay. Thing is huge with three slots. Looked like it was blocking air flow so figure why not. :manny:

y05JOG7.jpg

That gap next to the fan on the right is where it was at.

If you don't move that graphic card to the first pcie slot :francis:

just move the fan up and put your drive cage back in

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If you don't move that graphic card to the first pcie slot :francis:

just move the fan up and put your drive cage back in
Drives were empty. This thing has six hard drive slots and I just have an ssd on the other side.

So the gpu should be moved up more? Or down?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How many fans y'all running? I'm wondering if there could be too many fans or if buying aftermarket fans would be better for the machine than stock fans.

Getting a case with good airlfow is just as important if not more important than how many fans you run...

I have a fractal design R5...a gawd tier airlfow case...with 2 1080 ti's and a I7 7820...3 fans + 1 cpu cooler and the only thing that gets over 60 degrees in my case is my gpu's and that is after hours of use and the both top oout around 64 degrees...i don't have any type of gpu cooling in my system...

I do have to dust it out more than normal though since it has so many holes for airflow...around once ever two weeks

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Getting a case with good airlfow is just as important if not more important than how many fans you run...

I have a fractal design R5...a gawd tier airlfow case...with 2 1080 ti's and a I7 7820...3 fans + 1 cpu cooler and the only thing that gets over 60 degrees in my case is my gpu's and that is after hours of use and the both top oout around 64 degrees...i don't have any type of gpu cooling in my system...

I do have to dust it out more than normal though since it has so many holes for airflow...around once ever two weeks
Why did you buy the i7 7820x if you can't use all 8 ram slots and it doesn't have 40 pcie lanes :patrice:

Going Intel this round because I can get the EVGA Z370 FTW for $49.
how :gucci:

Drives were empty. This thing has six hard drive slots and I just have an ssd on the other side.

So the gpu should be moved up more? Or down?

The first pcie slot like duck said

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah I moved my gpu up the first slot and moved my Wi-Fi antenna up more to the slot above it. One of my main things I gotta do now is update my bios and figure out how to improve the Bluetooth signal on my gaming controller. Seems like anything further than like 8 feet is problematic.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Now I need a new case for the rebuild

I have a Corsair 300R :flabbynsick:

A Thermaltake Core X31 with a broken audio I/0 on the front panel :flabbynsick:

And a NZXT Source 210, my first case :flabbynsick:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Now I need a new case for the rebuild

I have a Corsair 300R :flabbynsick:

A Thermaltake Core X31 with a broken audio I/0 on the front panel :flabbynsick:

And a NZXT Source 210, my first case :flabbynsick:

Get yourself together :francis:

only good case in that list is the NZXT source 210 for all those storage drive bays :noah:

I have 2 laying around best 40 dollars ever spent

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Why did you buy the i7 7820x if you can't use all 8 ram slots and it doesn't have 40 pcie lanes :patrice:

how :gucci:

The first pcie slot like duck said

Cause at the time i had a deal on it and i was looking to save some money on my build...it's an all SSD build so the disk were around 1500 or 1700 a disk...i do 32gb in dual channel with 4 8 gig sticks so no need for the other 4 memory slots...never going to do more than that...have to run my cards in 16 X 8 since it is 28 lanes and I am fine with that to...never had a cpu bottleneck on any 28 lane cpu i have ever used...the difference between running two cards in 16 X 16 or 16 X 8 is laughably low...like 5 % performance increase...it's purely a gaming pc so i won't be doing anything else on it...40 lanes getting me to 16 X 16 for a 5% performance increase on a card that blows through everything anyway isn't doing much for me...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Anyone know how to play games with your steam friends? Trying to play some rocket league with my boy but don't know how to do it.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Cause at the time i had a deal on it and i was looking to save some money on my build...it's an all SSD build so the disk were around 1500 or 1700 a disk...i do 32gb in dual channel with 4 8 gig sticks so no need for the other 4 memory slots...never going to do more than that...have to run my cards in 16 X 8 since it is 28 lanes and I am fine with that to...never had a cpu bottleneck on any 28 lane cpu i have ever used...the difference between running two cards in 16 X 16 or 16 X 8 is laughably low...like 5 % performance increase...it's purely a gaming pc so i won't be doing anything else on it...40 lanes getting me to 16 X 16 for a 5% performance increase on a card that blows through everything anyway isn't doing much for me...
Oh cool yea I almost bought a 7800x myself over a 1950x/1900x for a deep learning build because there was a great deal on it too and I could upgrade once time passes by (pay less for a 7980xe) but even the 18 core has less pcie lanes than the 1950x/1900x

I thought you might have done some work in data science

Anyone know how to play games with your steam friends? Trying to play some rocket league with my boy but don't know how to do it.
How to share your Steam gaming library with friends and family

Don't all you have to do is send an invite?