The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Amazon now lets you finance gaming PCs and PC parts at zero interest

Five monthly payments, no catch

Amazon has introduced a new program that makes it a little more easier to buy gaming PCs and PC components. While the price is technically the same, the burden is spread out across several months at no penalty to the buyer.

Amazon now has a monthly payment system for big ticket items that shifts payments across five months instead of all at once. For instance, there's now the option to purchase a $2,000 PC with five monthly payments of $400 rather than forking over two grand at the time of sale. The applicable categories for this new program are: Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, Monitors, Computer components, Drives and storage, Memory, Networking, and Computer and tablet accessories.

The distinguishing aspect of this financing system is that it comes at zero percent interest. There's no penalty for spreading payments out over five months. Amazon states that there are "no finance charges, no interest or hidden fees, and no credit check or application required."

The obvious upside to this is that buying an expensive PC or PC parts is less intimidating for anyone who can make the monthly payments. That's an immediate advantage over other retailers who will require all the money up front, thus causing the the buyer to purchase it on credit which could eventually lead to paying some interest.

The downside is that Amazon's program isn't flexible. It's five fixed payments and that's it. Amazon will presumably charge the attached debit or credit card each month and then it's on you to have the money. If it results in overdrawing your bank account, that's your problem.

However, this seems like a great new program for responsible consumers who don't want the stress of immediately paying off an expensive commodity like a gaming PC. For those people, legitimate zero percent financing appears to be a fantastic alternate route to getting into PC gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse/re...d274de26777e295fb7afe5f90127b8&language=en_US

:ohhh:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yep. Amazon has been trying to get the math right on financing items for years now. Glad to see pc parts being offered early

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Lol

intel_i9_9900k.png
fukking Intel with their bullshyt. Disabling HT on core i7 processors now :stopitslime:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yep. Amazon has been trying to get the math right on financing items for years now. Glad to see pc parts being offered early
for whatever reason, it looks like none of the EVGA cards offer the option :francis:

hopefully they'll get that straight if/when volta drops

MMA

Superstar
Daps

Looks to be true, the i9 9900K will be direct competition with the ryzen 7 2800X (10 core possibly)

I believe they will work with z370, they did just release bios updates for z370 to be able to use 8 core cpu's. It would be very smart for Intel and Nvidia to release their new product at the same time.
Intel finally hearing our complaints, fukking crooks said it was not possible.

Intel Z370 Chipset Motherboards Get 8-core CPU Compatibility BIOS Updates

Finance gaming is not the wave, end up picking up a i7 8700k/1080 ti when you really only can afford a i5 8400/1060 :mjlol:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What does this mean as far as gaming performance?

I am planning on buying a new processor this year. I'm still on a i5 ivy bridge.
Its just intel being greedy. You want as many threads as possible especially if you are planning to stick with a system for a while. 8 threads seems like overkill now, but it won’t be in a few years. Essentially forcing the core i9 processors on the enthusiasts.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know it’s early and we likely won’t see the game until 2020, but how much y’all think it would cost to have a rig that can run Cyberpunk at 60fps/1440p on high or at least 60fps/1080p on high?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I know it’s early and we likely won’t see the game until 2020, but how much y’all think it would cost to have a rig that can run Cyberpunk at 60fps/1440p on high or at least 60fps/1080p on high?
1070 should be able to do 1080P60 for sure.

What do you have?

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
1070 should be able to do 1080P60 for sure.

What do you have?

I don’t have anything :dame:
I’ll likely build a pc in November/December, but I don’t want to have to shell out more money for a graphics card when Cyberpunk drops.