The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Honestly its cause I was overhyped for this, F:NV is a goat game and I thought I could capture that same feel I got when playing F:NV considering how Bethesada has shytted on the Fallout franchise

I feel the same way...to me it was like someone made a subpar version of Fallout New Vegas in space with better graphics...10 YEARS LATER! None of the characters really grabbed me, the story was meh, and the missions were basically non-stop fetch quests with little room for creativity. The decision space the game affords you is:

• Pay Charlotte $5000 for the Passport to Sigmire Falls
  • Go to Firelurk and find the missing actuator Charlotte needs and then trade for the Passport Sigmire Falls
  • Go directly to the Sigmire Falls and sneak in
All of these options result in you having to go to Sigmire Falls but allowing you to choose your own barrier to entry. What if I don’t want to go to Sigmire Falls? Why is there not an option to make Sigmire Falls an irrelevant part to MY journey? That’s why I like FNV because it made me feel like I was playing MY story whereas TOW feels like I’m playing the story Obsidian put together for me. I like to play and then realize “oh snap, if I would have went to Sigmire I could have got the macguffin armor....awww shyt ima do that on the second playthrough”.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Aight so ive had this snd been playing it for awhile...

It reminds me of Fallout/Skyrim in space. Probably not as in depth yet and no online, but i think its ok. You can’t build a shelter like in fallout but its cool.

you can customize ships and the amount of weapons and armor is cool. Im only like a level 14 or so.

best part would be the worlds and the story i guess. I give it a solid 8
How do you customize ships? I haven’t seen that feature

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
How do you customize ships? I haven’t seen that feature
I honestly forgot lol

but there was an option to change the color i think

i almost beat the main story but haven’t played in awhile. I love the game though

if you like games like Fallout, Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc. you’ll like this

a very polished game imo

Rayzah

Daps
You should. It's fire to me. Actually made me reinstall NV.

Just make sure you do Parvati right
I chose to help the deserters and pissed them people off is it too late to get her ?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I chose to help the deserters and pissed them people off is it too late to get her ?

It shouldn't be, I don't know for sure if you can even leave without her

Deserters meaning ol girl who's building a garden out in the woods with everybody that left? You should be good. I sided with them too.

Rayzah

Daps
I’m on the last mission and I feel like none of the missions were really any fun. The dialog is dry and the pacing is too slow. I also hated fallout NV for the same reason. I’m sorry but fukk obsidian, I don’t like their style of games. They are boring to me give me fallout 4 and Skyrim anyday over this and new Vegas.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I’m on the last mission and I feel like none of the missions were really any fun. The dialog is dry and the pacing is too slow. I also hated fallout NV for the same reason. I’m sorry but fukk obsidian, I don’t like their style of games. They are boring to me give me fallout 4 and Skyrim anyday over this and new Vegas.
Skyrim >>>>> every other rpg

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

I'm sorry, which Fallout 4 missions did you like in particular? What about the dialog in that game captivated you? :jbhmm:

Rayzah

Daps
I'm sorry, which Fallout 4 missions did you like in particular? What about the dialog in that game captivated you? :jbhmm:
Fallout 4 wasn’t about one particular mission. It had great gameplay, and I was in an environment where I could really do whatever I wanted. And there was actually stuff to do. While trying to save my “son” I could help 4 different groups, build sims like settlements in many different locations. Or just run around being a raider and shooting up shyt. Then when you include the mods, there are still tons of shyt to do and get into. The outer worlds was linear, the side missions were boring and there was no reason to do them. There were no real customization options. You couldn’t even customize your ship.
the outfits all looked like shyt, there weren’t any really difference in the play styles either. I don’t remember anything I did in the outer worlds

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps

I enjoyed it, nothing is better than revenge to keep me motivated. They murdered my pawg (I didn't realize you could change your spouse's looks lol), took my kid, and left me frozen. The Institute fukked up that day. :wow:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Fallout 4 wasn’t about one particular mission. It had great gameplay, and I was in an environment where I could really do whatever I wanted. And there was actually stuff to do. While trying to save my “son” I could help 4 different groups, build sims like settlements in many different locations. Or just run around being a raider and shooting up shyt. Then when you include the mods, there are still tons of shyt to do and get into. The outer worlds was linear, the side missions were boring and there was no reason to do them. There were no real customization options. You couldn’t even customize your ship.
the outfits all looked like shyt, there weren’t any really difference in the play styles either. I don’t remember anything I did in the outer worlds

This is fair. When people say they like Fallout 4, it's generally not the missions they recall as being fun, or the dialogue being great ... that's why I questioned what was said earlier. People mostly love the exploration and the combat, which I agree are both very fun and improved over earlier games.

Outer Worlds is a good foundation for future iterations of the series. Things I think they did better are the skills & perk system (a hard cap is absolutely needed), dialogue choices were related to skills and not just "yes, sarcastic yes, and no (yes later)", and dungeons felt like they could be solved multiple ways. It has 4 or 5 mini worlds and some dungeon crawls on other ships... which all together are probably the same size as Fallout 4's Commonwealth... but theres something about a true open world that feels better.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I enjoyed it, nothing is better than revenge to keep me motivated. They murdered my pawg (I didn't realize you could change your spouse's looks lol), took my kid, and left me frozen. The Institute fukked up that day. :wow:

This is my main reason. When I found breh who kidnapped the kid and killed my wife, I literally blew the limbs off him one by one then cut his head off and dumped it on top of his dead robots :wow: