The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thought the game was decent. Could tell it was a small studio with a limited budget. There was potential. I feel like a part 2 would be their "true" vision. Probably cop the dlc.

Oh wish they would have varied the armors a bit. All the heavy armor looked exactly the same. But small studio small budget again.

I had enough fun to run through twice

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
all right game so far. i am glad its on gamepass and i didnt buy it tho

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can't access this if you beat the game. :wtf:

Yo. This is stupid. You gotta start a new character to play DLC???

edit: had a save right before the last mission. I was about to be HOT

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Yeah shytting on Bethesda was the right call, i think they get it now and hopefully Bethesda understands what people want from them.

But Obsidian was always low tier. I say low tier because despite New Vegas being a decade old, the issues with New Vegas appear in Outer Worlds, showing that Obsidian didn't evolve as developers. It's not that they needed a bigger budget they needed better direction.

For example the Dead Money DLC which i consider there best product, felt like a better game then everything else in New Vegas.

Obsidian can only do one thing right by default which is dialogue, but they even turn that into a negative with bad animations, models, and just general bloat, some characters talk too much yet have nothing relevant/interesting to say, which encourages players to skip conversations.

There games are boring to go through as well, there environments are big for no reason, with bad art, poor or no loot, boring to explore. There combat has no feedback to it, enemies don't respond to being shot instead a number shows up. In New Vegas combat was pointless cause speech was overpowered and there was nothing to shoot at.

Also there speech system is broken and boring. Just pick the speech option and you win no actions required. Add that with bloated conversations, just skip until you see the speech option and done you win.

I feel like Obsidian has more in common with Telltale, then with Bethesda. Obsidian cant do any of the things that make Bethesda games good.

Outer Worlds copying Borderlands was another mistake. Borderlands is only fun with co-op, so Outer Worlds is Borderlands without the Co-op or loot :hhh:

This is more accurate than I wish it was. New Vegas was such a great game but The Outer Worlds is garbage and boring.