The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure it's been touched on but the frequent skill checks went a long way with keeping me engaged with the story and characters. :yeshrug: I ran my first playthrough as a female scientist with a propensity to persuade and lie her way out of conflict and an aptitude for medicine. Really focused on Science, Persuade, Lie, and Medical. Throughout the entire game, I was able to utilize those skills to reach the conclusion of most quests. Given the character was created to be more lover as opposed to fighter, it went a long way to actually feeling like an actual ROLE PLAYING game, and is something that's been somewhat neglected since (uncoincidentally) New Vegas.

Probably the most fulfilling example of this was the final mission. Not only could I relate to a certain character while talking the big bad down, but there came a time that I could have allowed an artificial intelligence to complete a daunting task that pretty much was life of death, but since my Intelligence & Science was high enough, I was able to do it myself, with some genuinely funny dialouge from my companions.

Vicar: "Well, it's been a good life." :unimpressed:

:dead: Being able to successfully do it was dope and made it feel like you'd actually worked toward something over the last 20+ hours. It was basically the Stonecutter Quote.

ChU-75AUcAE0gMD.jpg

:obama:
Why did you choose female? Does it chsnge the game in anyways besides voice and appearance? Did you skim through some build guide for ideas or just wing it? I only played Fallout 4 but didn't get deep.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just completed my second playthrough a few days ago, managed to avoid the final boss fight altogether with speech/skill checks. shyt felt like a boss fight in and if itself. :wow:

Started a third playthrough to see what it's like siding with the Board all the way through, but pumped my breaks because I'm not sure I feel like going through Monarch again. That section of the game really bogs things down.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
It was on sale for eBay for $35. Copped, days later it arrived today. Just downloaded it, will play after I get my daily mileage in on Gran Turismo Sports.

The Special Man

Let’em have it
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA 9th Ward
What you don't like fam?

Everybody else thought it was good, even if a bit flawed

Honestly its cause I was overhyped for this, F:NV is a goat game and I thought I could capture that same feel I got when playing F:NV considering how Bethesada has shytted on the Fallout franchise

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Honestly its cause I was overhyped for this, F:NV is a goat game and I thought I could capture that same feel I got when playing F:NV considering how Bethesada has shytted on the Fallout franchise

Well everyone agrees it's the closest game to NV since it came out. :yeshrug:

It took me awhile before it really pulled me in but once it did the game just flew by. :ehh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Aight so ive had this snd been playing it for awhile...

It reminds me of Fallout/Skyrim in space. Probably not as in depth yet and no online, but i think its ok. You can’t build a shelter like in fallout but its cool.

you can customize ships and the amount of weapons and armor is cool. Im only like a level 14 or so.

best part would be the worlds and the story i guess. I give it a solid 8