The Outer Worlds (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Spacer's Choice Edition releasing March 7, 2023)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This game isn't too hard.

It's fun though.

I did all of the side quests in Edgewater except for die robot I need some more of those lockpick things.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just finished this earlier in the afternoon. Got the "best" ending which was somehow sadder than I thought it'd be.

Halcyon works together to solve the food crisis and for the most part lives in harmony. My character runs Halcyon from the shadows with Rockwell(?) as the face/puppet. Sophia even likley turned over a new leaf and aids in rebuilding Halcyon while all my allies got happy endings.

However,

Phineas dies of natural causes before he can witness the culmination of everything he worked towards and fought for. :mjcry: I liked that crazy SOB more than I thought. He was the heart and soul of it all and he never got to see the fruits of his labor. It was genuinely bittersweet.

The game was much longer than I thought given what I'd heard. I enjoyed the companions for the most part. Felix was the only one that I didn't remotely care about.

Like, dude wasn't halfway intersting.

Disliked Ellie and Vicar early on but both grew on me, especially Vicar, who ended the journey a totally different man than the one he began as. I like how we could shape the companions over time with our actions. Parvati was easily my favorite and felt more like a little sister than she ever did a potential romance. Because of that, I'd have passed on a romance even if it was available. Fun game. I hope they keep the series alive, even if it's a Microsoft exclusive going forward. There are a lot of different directions they can go with a sequel and with a AAA budget, it could be special.

This was a strong 8.5 for me and a great way to end the year.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Obsidian finally got the bag they deserve. :wow:

They had me as a diehard since Kreia was spitting truth about the Force.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm sure it's been touched on but the frequent skill checks went a long way with keeping me engaged with the story and characters. :yeshrug: I ran my first playthrough as a female scientist with a propensity to persuade and lie her way out of conflict and an aptitude for medicine. Really focused on Science, Persuade, Lie, and Medical. Throughout the entire game, I was able to utilize those skills to reach the conclusion of most quests. Given the character was created to be more lover as opposed to fighter, it went a long way to actually feeling like an actual ROLE PLAYING game, and is something that's been somewhat neglected since (uncoincidentally) New Vegas.

Probably the most fulfilling example of this was the final mission. Not only could I relate to a certain character while talking the big bad down, but there came a time that I could have allowed an artificial intelligence to complete a daunting task that pretty much was life of death, but since my Intelligence & Science was high enough, I was able to do it myself, with some genuinely funny dialouge from my companions.

Vicar: "Well, it's been a good life." :unimpressed:

:dead: Being able to successfully do it was dope and made it feel like you'd actually worked toward something over the last 20+ hours. It was basically the Stonecutter Quote.

ChU-75AUcAE0gMD.jpg

:obama:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Get Xbox Gamepass for 3 months for $1....and just cancel the auto-renew.

It's on there :banderas:

Unless you have PS4 :mjcry:

do what the breh said above get that $1 gamepass:ehh::ehh:
i beat the game and its great:ehh: i suggest bump up the difficulty cuz the game is easy as fukk:mjlol::mjlol:
story is cool:ehh:
certain characters are interesting:jawalrus:
its my pick for GOTY:blessed::manny:

:whoo:Good look, just got on the gamepass PC beta. it only lasts a month but there's some games on here I been meaning to play for a minute (Forza H4, Guacamelee 2, etc)

EDIT: The 3 month promotion was on another page :mjlol: I spent $2 instead of $1 :russ:

This was plug fr though :wow:

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
The game is a nice start but by no means is this game better than Fallout 4 :beli::mjlol::camby:I actually went back to playing Fallout 4 and was looking at The Outer Worlds like :childplease:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure it's been touched on but the frequent skill checks went a long way with keeping me engaged with the story and characters. :yeshrug: I ran my first playthrough as a female scientist with a propensity to persuade and lie her way out of conflict and an aptitude for medicine. Really focused on Science, Persuade, Lie, and Medical. Throughout the entire game, I was able to utilize those skills to reach the conclusion of most quests. Given the character was created to be more lover as opposed to fighter, it went a long way to actually feeling like an actual ROLE PLAYING game, and is something that's been somewhat neglected since (uncoincidentally) New Vegas.

Probably the most fulfilling example of this was the final mission. Not only could I relate to a certain character while talking the big bad down, but there came a time that I could have allowed an artificial intelligence to complete a daunting task that pretty much was life of death, but since my Intelligence & Science was high enough, I was able to do it myself, with some genuinely funny dialouge from my companions.

Vicar: "Well, it's been a good life." :unimpressed:

:dead: Being able to successfully do it was dope and made it feel like you'd actually worked toward something over the last 20+ hours. It was basically the Stonecutter Quote.

ChU-75AUcAE0gMD.jpg

:obama:

I know the fukkery potential is off the charts with a dumb character (the secret ending :mjlol:), but speccing into intelligence and dialogue is probably the most entertaining way to play. Some of the dialogue options for passing those skill checks are great.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
The game is a nice start but by no means is this game better than Fallout 4 :beli::mjlol::camby:I actually went back to playing Fallout 4 and was looking at The Outer Worlds like :childplease:
Im enjoying this for what it is but f4 has the goat open world shooter gameplay and combat flexibility :wow:

1200 hours of roaming the Commonwealth with 4 different builds and I'm thoroughly satisfied