The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Season was dope, good shyt. The episode with the two brothers getting so much screen time was grade A piff.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Honestly, I've heard nothing but good things about this show yet every time I'm still like.........HOW!? I just don't see how this could even remotely be tolerable, let alone good. Now I suspect those who know they'd 100% hate this show on sight stay away from it, leaving only optimistic viewers to even bother, which makes me even less sold, yet in the back of my mind I still wonder.

I have an affinity for Battlestar Galactica (one of my all time faves) and The 100 - so sci-fi/space drama is hardly outside my wheelhouse - but not a single bone in my body feels a desire to watch this. I mean I probably will though, but not optimistically and hardly with much enthusiasm.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I've heard nothing but good things about this show yet every time I'm still like.........HOW!? I just don't see how this could even remotely be tolerable, let alone good. Now I suspect those who know they'd 100% hate this show on sight stay away from it, leaving only optimistic viewers to even bother, which makes me even less sold, yet in the back of my mind I still wonder.

I have an affinity for Battlestar Galactica (one of my all time faves) and The 100 - so sci-fi/space drama is hardly outside my wheelhouse - but not a single bone in my body feels a desire to watch this. I mean I probably will though, but not optimistically and hardly with much enthusiasm.
It is mostly star trek influence mixed with humor. Mostly star trek though which though and I am surprised how well he pulled it off.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I bet season 2 will pull back on the humor hard and try and make the show like a regular sci fi show. We already seen how they've slowly dialed back on the humor. They'll say some bullshyt but no real extensive over the top gags

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

How do you feel about Star Trek TNG and its spinoffs? This show is basically TNG, except set on a relatively unimportant ship with a competent/above average (but not super genius) crew in a future where for some reason everyone is obsessed with American culture from the 1990's. Then they get into situations that are similar to (or in some cases direct ripoffs of) Star Trek situations. So its not like "ha ha ha these guys are bumbling idiots but somehow save the day" but more like "You messed up and violated the 'prime directive'. That was stupid but I'll help you cover it up so we don't get in trouble". Or you have a character like "I'm smarter than everyone here, but I'll play dumb to fit in".

There are also a lot of Star Trek people involved, either in cameos or behind the scenes.