The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Seeing all of you guys say it’s actually decent and the recent resurgence of Family
guy actually has me curious to check this out
luckily it's not like FG where Seth does a lot of the voices...they've been pretty good with distributing screen time between the characters...like last night's ep was on the Doc and the droid.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:ohhh:. So LaMarr = LaForge, ship navigator in season one to chief engineer in season two.

Hopefully he gets more hoes than Geordi tho. :francis:

Now that you put it that way, it looks like it was planned out :ohhh:.

A lot of things in this seem really close to TNG season 1. When they brought up the idea of 4th Dimensional aliens observing them, I thought they might be hinting that there could be a "Q"- type being in this universe.

Maybe I'm stretching things a little, but the short-lived smuggler alien reminded me of the Ferengi.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
This and Star Trek got my space opera itch sorted. :wow:

Good watchable shows.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
surprised how solid the show's been. Doesn't really have Seth's trademark humor...for the most part they play it straight..a few gags/laughs, but it's mostly a 'legit" sci fi show

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
When they were describing the 2D Universe, the first thing I thought of was "Flatland". Then Seth's character himself mentioned that the world reminded him of Flatland.

Much later, I was trying to remember where exactly I heard of this "Flatland" universe. It finally occurred to me:
I heard about Flatland in the old Carl Sagan "Cosmos" series:

Seth MacFarlane was an Executive Producer of the new Neil Degrasse Tyson version of Cosmos. So, they must have been making a reference to the old Cosmos series when they mentioned Flatland on The Orville.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Now that you put it that way, it looks like it was planned out :ohhh:.

A lot of things in this seem really close to TNG season 1. When they brought up the idea of 4th Dimensional aliens observing them, I thought they might be hinting that there could be a "Q"- type being in this universe.

Maybe I'm stretching things a little, but the short-lived smuggler alien reminded me of the Ferengi.
I think that the viewers at home are the 4th dimensional aliens.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I've been watchin since it premiered. I like it and they have good little takes on society in each show, i just wish it was a little more funny. The best one was probably the up vote-down vote episode.