The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
this show would've been perfect if the captain was tim allen instead of seth mcfarlane. :ehh:

honeslty, it's actually not as bad as i thought it would be brehs. i'm only watching it cuz it's free on my on demand, but i might stick around.
i hated bortus laying an egg episode. that was stupid. but the krill episode was pretty good.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
this show would've been perfect if the captain was tim allen instead of seth mcfarlane. :ehh:

honeslty, it's actually not as bad as i thought it would be brehs. i'm only watching it cuz it's free on my on demand, but i might stick around.
i hated bortus laying an egg episode. that was stupid. but the krill episode was pretty good.

Bruh watch the episode that came on tonight when you have a chance.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hands down the best episode so far. Legit thought I was watching an episode of Black Mirror until the title credits showed.

It also had the best use of comedy that this series has had so far. It was actually used entirely effectively, which is something this show has not been able to get a handle on yet. The jokes were actually funny, and they were used effectively to alleviate tension and give insight into the characters. I feel like Seth MacFarlane's character's comedic timing is really off on this show, but it actually worked here.

Brilliant episode. My only complaint is they keep talking about Alara's relationship problems, but we never actually see any of these guys or see her interact with them. They're really telling and not showing there.

That chick from the planet was bout to let my man Lt. LaMarr smash on sight if he hadn't dry humped that fukking statue. :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Hope it lasts longer than a season but if it's only lasting a season I'm happy with it. The social commentary in this episode right now is Black Mirror level.

That's because it was LITERALLY a direct ripoff of a Black Mirror episode, with a little "Star Trek 4" mixed in.

Still, I actually wouldn't mind it if the show were "Black Mirror planet of the week".

And I had an unexpected laugh out loud moment when they explain what American Idol was, and Bortos just goes:
I sing.

I can't believe they could hack into the planet's Internet to add a bunch of fake news stories so easily, but it NEVER ONCE occurred to them to just hack the votes?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can't believe they could hack into the planet's Internet to add a bunch of fake news stories so easily, but it NEVER ONCE occurred to them to just hack the votes?

To make the point that these people just blindly vote to determine someone's fate without checking all the facts.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's because it was LITERALLY a direct ripoff of a Black Mirror episode, with a little "Star Trek 4" mixed in.

Still, I actually wouldn't mind it if the show were "Black Mirror planet of the week".

And I had an unexpected laugh out loud moment when they explain what American Idol was, and Bortos just goes:
I sing.

I can't believe they could hack into the planet's Internet to add a bunch of fake news stories so easily, but it NEVER ONCE occurred to them to just hack the votes?
They take from star trek what they like which is weird.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
that was fresh episode for me brehs. i never watched star trek consistently so i wouldn't know if it was a rip off or not. :yeshrug:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that was fresh episode for me brehs. i never watched star trek consistently so i wouldn't know if it was a rip off or not. :yeshrug:
It was like a star trek ep but star trek would have been way more serious about it. And they would have come up with some bullshyt reason why they could not teleport them out.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Not just a ripoff of Trek, but a ripoff of this Black Mirror episode:

A world where everyone around you gives you a "Yelp"-style rating on their smartphones, your "caste" level in society is based on your ranking, and there are publicity consultants who advise on how to raise your ranking to avoid negative repercussions.

I'm almost wondering if the creators of The Orville think that Black Mirror is too highbrow for their own audience, and that their target demographic won't see it as a ripoff because they don't know any better
:mjcry:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not just a ripoff of Trek, but a ripoff of this Black Mirror episode:

A world where everyone around you gives you a "Yelp"-style rating on their smartphones, your "caste" level in society is based on your ranking, and there are publicity consultants who advise on how to raise your ranking to avoid negative repercussions.

I'm almost wondering if the creators of The Orville think that Black Mirror is too highbrow for their own audience, and that their target demographic won't see it as a ripoff because they don't know any better
:mjcry:

Could just have lazy writers.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Good episode.

It's like Data discovering humanity all over.

and it looks like they are all equipped with a universal translator..or it could've been a side comment from the Doc.

kinda curious about that planet overall, beyond what that one guy told us about it...would be interested to learn more in future episodes.