The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
People on Reddit have been kinda harsh on this season because they feel it's lacking the humor of the first two seasons
I said the same thing. This season has been like 80% serious 20% comedy/parady. It's still good, but it's far from comedy right now.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I've preferred the switch away from the more comedic aspects to straight sci fi. Never would have thought it possible when I first heard of the show, but it's become one of my favorite shows ever. Really hope they get a 4th season and beyond.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Solid ep

reminded me of when Data got the emotions chip

I've preferred the switch away from the more comedic aspects to straight sci fi. Never would have thought it possible when I first heard of the show, but it's become one of my favorite shows ever. Really hope they get a 4th season and beyond.

yeah. glad they've made it more trek than straight comedy.

Fox dropped the ball with the promos...guess they were too scared to call it a trek rip off and thought it'd be better to frame it as Family Guy in Space.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They continue to outdo themselves. This episode “From Unknown Graves” was absolutely FANTASTIC.

The only issue I had was the speed with which they advanced Lamarr and Keyali’s relationship. They went from flirting, to just fukking, to saying they love each other in the space of three episodes, with nothing in the way of showing WHY they even like each other. Lamarr has been a horn dog throughout the series and before this season i’m struggling to think of any meaningful exchanges he and Keyali ever had, so its weird that they advanced so far.

Other than that great episode.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I said the same thing. This season has been like 80% serious 20% comedy/parady. It's still good, but it's far from comedy right now.
Mcfarlane actually never wanted the show to be a comedy. Fox made him play up the humor more than he wanted.

I actually like the progression from comedic to more serious. The writing is FANTASTIC and the cast is really stepping up to the plate.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People keep talking about the lack of comedy, but this was another hilarious episode.

John looking like Martin after he fought Tommy Hearns. :laff:

I don't know about them bringing up Kelly cheating on Ed again because there's a very good case that could be made that she was raped. :patrice:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Timmis (assuming K1 and Timmis are the same) got them back though :demonic:

:francis: They even had their own Ted Faro in that episode. Had to :snoop: when that CEO refused to do a recall had his entire race cop that ultimate L.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I suspect that if the show gets a chance to plan out an ending, a way will be found to give Isaac his emotions again.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I suspect that if the show gets a chance to plan out an ending, a way will be found to give Isaac his emotions again.
Him, and all the 2nd generation Kaylons.
That's the only way they will ever stop wiping out all the organics, unless there's some kind of Deus Ex Machine technology to kill them all.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have spent this whole season wondering how an actress as horrible as Anne Winters got cast on this show and it turns out she's Seth MacFarlane's girlfriend.