Daps
Reppin
Is this worth getting into? :patrice:

All seasons available for free on Hulu?

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This blonde is killing the show for me. Too much time is focused on her dry ass storyline and her shytty acting.

Otherwise love the show

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
I have spent this whole season wondering how an actress as horrible as Anne Winters got cast on this show and it turns out she's Seth MacFarlane's girlfriend.
Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore! But yes, she was definitely a drag on a great season and perhaps Seth realized it and decided yeah gave you a shot you didn't deserve and now I have to correct it.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have spent this whole season wondering how an actress as horrible as Anne Winters got cast on this show and it turns out she's Seth MacFarlane's girlfriend.

Well they must have broken up considering the ending of this episode. :mjlol: At least Seth's last girlfriend got written out in a way where she could return someday.

Speaking of that, I don't know that I buy Charly's sacrifice in the end. The only way it makes sense is if she was just generally suicidal after the Kaylon War, which would track, but they never emphasized it enough, and they could have tied it in better with Isaac's suicide attempt in episode one.

She really didn't have much of a character. She was just, "Grr, I hate the Kaylon. 😡 And I can see in four dimensions, which is a thing whenever the plot demands it." I get that she was supposed to show the empathetic side of biologicals to the Kaylon, but her death itself didn't have much emotional weight for me. It felt cheap. She was just a stock character and that was going to be her fate all along. I was more :patrice: than :mjcry:.

Also, I know this scene was played for laughs, but Bortus and Klyden just got back together in the previous episode and they already fighting in front of people. :francis: Kind of cheapens their emotional reconciliation from last episode.

I don't know wtf they're gonna do for the season finale next week because this episode felt like a finale--the season long arc was resolved, two characters died, and there were huge action pieces in the last two episodes. The only thing left is to follow up on that Moclan contact who was smuggling the females to Haveena. Topa gave up the name but they never revealed who it was.

I could see maybe setting up Ed and Kelly getting back together, which I actually wouldn't mind. They didn't force it this season like they did with the first two.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Well they must have broken up considering the ending of this episode. :mjlol: At least Seth's last girlfriend got written out in a way where she could return someday.

Speaking of that, I don't know that I by Charly's sacrifice in the end. The only way it makes sense is if she was just generally suicidal after the Kaylon War, which would track, but they never emphasized it enough, and they could have tied it in better with Isaac's suicide attempt in episode one.

She really didn't have much of a character. She was just, "Grr, I hate the Kaylon. 😡 And I can see in four dimensions, which is a thing whenever the plot demands it." I get that she was supposed to show the empathetic side of biologicals to the Kaylon, but her death itself didn't have much emotional weight for me. It just cheap. She was just a stock character and that was going to be her fate all along. I was more :patrice: than :mjcry:.

Also, I know this scene was played for laughs, but Bortus and Klyden just got back together in the previous episode and they already fighting in front of people. :francis: Kind of cheapens their emotional reconciliation from last episode.

I don't know wtf they're gonna do for the season finale next week because this episode felt like a finale--the season long arc was resolved, two characters died, and there were huge action pieces in the last two episodes. The only thing left is to follow up on that Moclan contact who was smuggling the females to Haveena. Topa gave up the name but they never revealed who it was.

I could see maybe setting up Ed and Kelly getting back together, which I actually wouldn't mind. They didn't force it this season like they did with the first two.

I thought they did good with that. It would have been weirder if the reconciliation meant a happy ever after for their relationship since they had lingering marital issues apart from the Topa situation.

I think if the show survives another season they're gonna have more drama since I think Bortus is low key :unimpressed: with Klyden's change/return and lost interest in Moclan bussy now that he's attracted to Kelly.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
great episode...charley was meh overall, but her sacrifice was cool enough.

can't believe we're at the last episode/series finale.

thought they'd revisit Gordon's choice...seems like a loose end.

this ep felt the a an open-ended finale

so next week will be intereting...might just be a clip show/epilogue type of episode

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Speaking of that, I don't know that I buy Charly's sacrifice in the end. The only way it makes sense is if she was just generally suicidal after the Kaylon War, which would track, but they never emphasized it enough, and they could have tied it in better with Isaac's suicide attempt in episode one.

She really didn't have much of a character. She was just, "Grr, I hate the Kaylon. 😡 And I can see in four dimensions, which is a thing whenever the plot demands it." I get that she was supposed to show the empathetic side of biologicals to the Kaylon, but her death itself didn't have much emotional weight for me. It felt cheap. She was just a stock character and that was going to be her fate all along. I was more :patrice: than :mjcry:.

I think the season finale is going to be about Ed trying to get his daughter and The Krill trying to liberate Teleya.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not that Penny Johnson Jerald isn't absolutely gorgeous (especially considering she's 61), but this show spends way too much time on Claire's love life compared the other cast, especially the other female cast. Kelly hasn't had dikk since season two, and John and Talla smashed for one episode until they had to break up because he almost died in that Xelayan p*ssy. :francis: If the show comes back hopefully that's done now that Isaac and Claire are married.

I'm surprised Lysella and Lamarr didn't interact at all this episode considering she was about to let him smash the first time they met. And then when they said she was gonna stay on The Orville I was like, ":ohhh:. Is Seth MacFarlane smashing this actress now too?! :mjlol: They bushed Charly for this chick both on the show and in real life huh? :dead:"

Glad to see Alara come back for a cameo. :ehh: I read the actress left the show on good terms, so I was happy to see them bring her back.

I wish Charly hadn't died in the previous episode tho. It would have been nice to have her in this dynamic without being all, "Grrr, I hate the Kaylon. 😡 " for once. Maybe she could have even gotten a love interest.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
apparently the show is gonna be put on Disney+ August 10th and they need it to do good over there for it to get renewed for a 4th season :snoop:

I’ll do my part and stream all the seasons as background noise but its not looking good fellas :francis: