The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
apparently the show is gonna be put on Disney+ August 10th and they need it to do good over there for it to get renewed for a 4th season :snoop:

I’ll do my part and stream all the seasons as background noise but its not looking good fellas :francis:
Young Justice got renewed for more seasons after it did well on Netflix so all hope is not lost. :lupe:

The fact that the cast's contracts expired a year ago might be a problem tho. :lupe:

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm disappointed they brought Klayden back, Bortus looked like he was ready to start pawging.

And Topa's should've taken the angry blonde's place. Even the other crew was annoyed by her bytching. She was only around because Seth is fukking her of plot convenient 4D skills that not even a supercomputer could mimic. The actress playing her was significantly worse the one playing Topa. Replace her scenes is fairly easy....methinks that was theb original plan. Topa got alot of focus in this season then gets ignored towards the end.

Solid season nonetheless. I know I'm late to watching Orville but itd more star trekky than modern Star Trek. At least this last season and the lattr half of season 2nd. The jokes aren't forced either.

I've been bingeing this past month.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
kinda weird they'd put it on D+

Nah. It's a way to get a wider audience. Hopefully it does enough to renew.

That after credit scene seemed like a series end, but hopefully it was put in case it's the end.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
great episode...charley was meh overall, but her sacrifice was cool enough.

can't believe we're at the last episode/series finale.

thought they'd revisit Gordon's choice...seems like a loose end.

this ep felt the a an open-ended finale

so next week will be intereting...might just be a clip show/epilogue type of episode
It isn't. He's a human being from a much more enlightened time who doesn't have memories of what he lost. He believes in the guidelines, as he knows what happened to to other civilizations when they didn't have them. Therefore, he's ok with what happened. Now, if he did have the memories, I could see how it may be an issue.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It isn't. He's a human being from a much more enlightened time who doesn't have memories of what he lost. He believes in the guidelines, as he knows what happened to to other civilizations when they didn't have them. Therefore, he's ok with what happened. Now, if he did have the memories, I could see how it may be an issue.

i see what you're saying, but I also could also see it coming back to bite them in the ass if they revisit it in S4...only cause since he knows, I bet it'd be ni the back of his mind. He was always te third wheel in stuff, so knowing he actually got a family and shyt could eat at him, even if it wasn't his own memories.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I think the show may have hinted that its possible for timelines to "branch off" and keep going as a parallel timeline if the past if changed. If so, its a 'loose end' if the writers want it to be.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
i see what you're saying, but I also could also see it coming back to bite them in the ass if they revisit it in S4...only cause since he knows, I bet it'd be ni the back of his mind. He was always te third wheel in stuff, so knowing he actually got a family and shyt could eat at him, even if it wasn't his own memories.

I'll give you an example. Let's say you woke up from a coma, where you had no memories of like 3 years before you went under. Now let's say I told you that in those years, you were with Keri Hilson for a year and then became comatose. Not only that but you were engaged. She waited months but doctors told her you'd never wake up so she moved on and got married. Of course you would be like damn, I can't believe that. However, as you had no memory of it, it would be much easier for you to move on. Now let's say you woke up from the coma with those memories. It may eat at you for the rest of your life. The first scenario is Gordon's. Add to that, again, that he is from a different time and an officer who swore an oath and so I really don't think it would be an issue. He may think "what if" every now and then, but not enough for it to be a whole plot point of him wanting revenge or something.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The first scenario is Gordon's. Add to that, again, that he is from a different time and an officer who swore an oath and so I really don't think it would be an issue. He may think "what if" every now and then, but not enough for it to be a whole plot point of him wanting revenge or something.

they could write it in though, that's all I'm saying.

It could be a separate issue/ep then he brings up to mercer that he pulled that shyt on him just to spite him.

if he never told him, then we'd have no issues. But telling him, it'd stay there subconsciously, regardless of whatever oath he took or timeline he's in.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
they could write it in though, that's all I'm saying.

It could be a separate issue/ep then he brings up to mercer that he pulled that shyt on him just to spite him.

if he never told him, then we'd have no issues. But telling him, it'd stay there subconsciously, regardless of whatever oath he took or timeline he's in.
we just have different views, and that's cool. I feel like one of the main points of the show is to demonstrate how the people of that world have evolved past the issues that caused the strife seen in our time. In the last episode, they made a whole point to show how despite the fact that they may have helped Lysella's world, their past experiences have told them that it could have disastrous effects. They take these codes very seriously. Yes, Gordon is still a human being, with human emotions but he also lives in a much more enlightened time, and believes in the mission of the Union. Not to mention that again, he's also a Union officer, with no memories of his time on earth with a family.

I think the issue was resolved in that episode, and there's no reason to revisit.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
nah they definiely made this season thinking it would be the last. every plot point was tied up. it could keep going, or it could end right here, which was no doubt intentional.