The Orville - Star Trek Satire Comedy From Seth MacFarlane And Jon Favreau

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It was a good (or maybe even great) setup, but I think the episode went down a bit after they got arrested. I don't think the people on the planet would just throw some godlike aliens into a regular jail. I think a more like outcome would be for the first contact to go COMPLETELY bad, with the authorities just murdering the "evil" aliens and declaring themselves off limits and attacking future Union ships on sight. Like those tribespeople off the coast of India that shoot at helicopters with bows
Rare footage captures Sentinelese tribe of Indian Ocean | Daily Mail Online
img

Plus, the crewmembers actually killed a bunch of guards in a failed escape attempt, so from the point of view of the aliens they did deserve to be punished.
If their entire technology is based on tracking stars, I can't see how they would be fooled by a satellite that just reflects light back down at the ground. They're more advanced than Earth 2019 is right now, and that wouldn't fool US.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
This latest ep was terrible

Dr. Finn falling in love with the robot Isaac

:scust:

The subplot being Bortus growing a mustache

:scust:

I am not even exaggerating, that was the plot for the entire episode

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this episode was dookie. First one I didn't like for this season.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't like this new Xelayan chick. It feels like they already had the scripts written for Alara, so they brought in another Xelayan so they could just do a find and replace on the names.

Also, making Lamarr chief of engineering just changed him from 'black Gordon' to ' black Isaac.' :mjpls:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Didnt like that last ep. Not only does the only sista fall in love with a damn robot. Its a cac robot at that. shyt made no fukking sense tbh. Almost cut the it off. The part where he broke up with her was funny though.
I really don't like this new Xelayan chick. It feels like they already had the scripts written for Alara, so they brought in another Xelayan so they could just do a find and replace on the names.

Also, making Lamarr chief of engineering just changed him from 'black Gordon' to ' black Isaac.' :mjpls:
Is seth mcfarlane still banging the chick that played alara irl? Thought maybe if they broke up it would explain why she left. Instead of the "i have other projects filming at the same time" excuse.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Said the same damn thing. Hate that they made the black woman fall in love with a goddamn Robot.

I gotta give credit where credit is due however, it was an exceptionally written episode. The ending was setup very nicely.

Seth Mcfarlane will never get the credit he deserves as a writer but he’s damn good when focused

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked "A Happy refrain". It was this show once again taking a story you would see on TNG and going to places where TNG would never have gone.
Even the way they got to Isaac and Claire becoming a couple was inventive because it didn't take the overused tactic of a machine all of a sudden developing feelings but instead used logic to explain why Isaac needed Claire in his life: without her he functioned less efficiently.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the ep. I would like to see Isaac home planet. I would imagine he would be the only one with a humanoid body.