"The Originals" Season 4 (& TVD Season 8) DISCUSSION Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I liked Allison Scaglioti on Warehouse 13 but I am still not going to go back to watching TVD.

Let's see how this season gonna be for TVD :lupe:
Gotta wait till Jan to see the originals tho :mjcry:

Put a White Oak Stake in it; after its upcoming eighth season, The Vampire Diaries shall be no more.

The decision was announced Saturday during The CW drama’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con; as you can imagine, the thousands of fans in attendance were not pleased.

TVD‘s seventh season wrapped May 13 with a bittersweet hour: Though Bonnie’s life was spared and Stefan got his long-awaited reunion with Caroline, Damon and Enzo fell prey to the nameless evil within the Armory’s vault, sending them on a west-coast killing spree.

TVD‘s seventh season wrapped May 13 with a bittersweet hour: Though Bonnie’s life was spared and Stefan got his long-awaited reunion with Caroline, Damon and Enzo fell prey to the nameless evil within the Armory’s vault, sending them on a west-coast killing spree.

While discussing Nina Dobrev’s cameo in the Season 7 finale — her first “appearance” on the show since departing in 2015 — executive producer Julie Plec confirmed that she hopes to see Elena return (in front of the camera) for the show’s big send-off.

“It’s what she and I kind of agreed on when she decided to move on, and it’s what I’ve got in my head,” Plec explained. “Obviously things can change throughout time, if the show goes on longer than we expect it to, or if we all collectively decide it would be fun to bring her back earlier, and she wanted to. … I’m sticking with my side of the plan, which is to bring her back at the very end.”

Sounds like a plan to us!

Vampire Diaries fans, are you prepared to say goodbye to the show after all these years? What are hopes for the characters’ limited futures? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

On their way to stop Damon and Enzo’s west-coast killing spree, the Vampire Diaries gang on Sunday took a brief detour, hitting up San Diego Comic-Con for the CW drama’s (final!) panel.

Stars Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Kat Graham, Candice King, Zach Roerig, Matt Davis and Michael Malarkey were all on hand — along with executive producers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson — to tease the impending events of Season 8, premiering Friday, Oct. 21 at 8/7c:

* An intro video, featuring that creepy hand from the Season 7 finale, teased: “This season, get ready to meet evil herself.” (That’s right, herself.)

* Kevin Williamson on returning to the writer’s room: “I’ve never been too far away. … As Julie and I sat down to write the first episode of Season 8 together, I was freaking out. … Julie was like, ‘You write all the Damon stuff.’ It came back pretty quickly, and I think we’ve got a great Season 8 planned out. It’s really nice to live in this world again.”

* As for what the aforementioned “evil” might be, Plec remained (mostly) tight-lipped: “The villain has a finger so far. … It’s a new take on villains for us. It’s rooted back all the way to ancient times.”

* Describing the new Season 8 villain as the “final bad,” Williamson noted that it’s a “cool way to infuse Mystic Falls with this ultimate evil. It’s like a cherry on top of the entire mythology of Mystic Falls.”

* Meanwhile, Somerhalder said, we’ll see “Damon and Enzo doing some gnarly s–t,” adding that “the mind control thing is actually quite interesting. … In their minds, they’re still them. That conflict and that struggle is what we always look for.”

* Sadly, Bonnie is “literally at ground zero” when Season 8 begins. “A lot of last season was about the development of the relationship Bonnie had with Enzo, and obviously Bonnie and Damon,” Graham said. “You saw the crumbling of her in the finale. She also doesn’t have her magic. The thing that made her feel like herself, and also her best friends, are not there. It’s going to be really exciting to see Bonnie’s journey this season.”

* Poor Stefan is “just crying, constantly,” Wesley teased. “[He’s] missing his bro, his bro-ham. It’s back to the original dynamic of the brothers. The dynamic was always Damon getting in trouble and Stefan trying to save him. … We’ll see how long that lasts, but for the current time, he has a broken heart over his big bro.”

* Caroline is “very busy” in Season 8, trying to maintain a connection with Alaric and the twins while also “helping Stefan and Bonnie track down Damon and Enzo.”

* As for everyone’s favorite human, Matt Donovan “had to make the decision to let go of that love [for the vampires].”

* Every Season 8 episode title will be a line of dialogue from previous seasons.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

A motley (yet smolder-y) crew of witches, vampires and hybrids on Saturday descended upon San Diego Comic-Con to preview The Originals‘ upcoming fourth season.

Stars Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Yusuf Gatewood and Riley Voelkel — along with executive producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci — were all on hand to tease the madness to come when the show returns midseason on The CW. Here’s what we learned:

* A short video confirmed Season 4’s extended time jump, and ended with Hope asking — yes, asking, as in talking — Hayley if they’re going to go save her dad. Narducci later confirmed the five-year time jump.

* “She was two years old when we left her … and she’s now a little person,” Narducci said of Hope. “She’s got dialogue and hopes and dreams, and she misses her dad and understands her family has suffered a great loss. … Hayley’s a great mom.”

* “When we met Hayley, all she ever wanted was family,” Tonkin acknowledged. “Through the events that happened, she created a family on her own with her daughter. I don’t think she feels alone — one, because she has five bodies in the back of her car — and because she has a purpose, a family-driven purpose.”

* Hayley’s journey to save everyone will require her to “locate the seven werewolf packs … so she has a very difficult journey ahead of her,” Narducci said. “She has to explore the werewolf side that’s going to connect her to those packs.”

* “I don’t think Marcel is a villain,” Narducci said. “I don’t think he’s wrong. … We’ll have to see if there’s anything in the world that might be able to mend these fences.”

* We’ll “absolutely” learn more about Vincent’s backstory, Narducci confirmed.

* “With Hayley and Elijah, we felt they’d gotten to dance around each other early on, then become terribly separated, emotionally and physically,” Plec said. “Knowing this family was going to be split apart for the next five years, giving them the opportunity to [get together one more time] felt right. … Time will tell how much happiness they’re able to have — or not have.”

* “It was emotional,” Morgan said of his all-day final shoot with Leah Pipes. “She’d been a part of the show for three years. It was surreal, though. Until she was gone, I didn’t think she was going.”

* On why Cami and Davina’s deaths were necessary: “It’s a hard thing to explain,” Plec began. “You start to feel a redundancy of heroes. If you continue down a certain storyline, you’ll end up taking people in a direction that will isolate them. You get the urge to mix things up and to make things very tragic … so that you can always feel fresh, and you don’t have nine people telling the same story. … We needed to pull the family as tightly together as possible, and excise some of the characters who might conflict with [that plan].”

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Not ready. This show was part of my weekly routine.

:yeshrug: TVD hasn't been good since Season 5 & that season was nice bounce back season from the mess that was Season 4. It's been time for the show to end.

Gotta find another teeny bopper/young adult show to stan now.
:lupe: Which other current show teeny bopper/young adult shows are you watching?

EDIT:
Is @Malik1time another 1 of your accounts?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:yeshrug: TVD hasn't been good since Season 5 & that season was nice bounce back season from the mess that was Season 4. It's been time for the show to end.

:lupe: Which other current show teeny bopper/young adult shows are you watching?

EDIT:

Its still a routine. Plus, I felt this past season was a good return to form for them. I hated the Travelers' season.

My old account was @Malik

I like gothic/supernatural shows. It's hard to find good ones.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens

EDIT:
What's going on someone called me:comeon: