"The Originals" Season 4 (& TVD Season 8) DISCUSSION Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Originals: Phoebe Tonkin on Hayley's Role in the War Against the Witches

With The Originals back this week, Phoebe Tonkin discusses Hayley's role in the conflict against the witches.

19 JAN 2015 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

The Originals returns Monday night from its mid-season break for a run of new episodes. While filming a guest appearance on the set of CBS’s Stalker last month -- which comes from Vampire Diaries executive producer Kevin Williamson -- one of The Originals’ stars, Phoebe Tonkin, discussed the show’s current storylines and her vampire/werewolf hybrid character Hayley’s role in the escalating conflict against the witches. (We'll have more from Tonkin about her Stalker role before it airs).

Question: We left off on The Originals, as always, with a lot in motion. Anything you can say about when we pick up and where things go next?

Tonkin: Yes, it’s a really kind of volatile relationship between both Hayley and Elijah and Hayley and Klaus right now and as we saw in the last episode, Elijah and Hayley kind of made finally an advance towards each other which has been built up over the last however many episodes. But when we go back, I think now the priority is definitely to create some kind of safe home for Hope. I think Klaus and Hayley, their dream is just to live as normal of a life as possible but obviously that is not going to happen for a while and not without a lot of obstacles to get there. But yeah, it’s nice that they’re now kind of on each other’s side a little bit. Now that Hayley’s a hybrid as well, they’ve definitely gotten closer and bonded over that.

OR01_AS_Phoebe_Rousseaus_2805r-720x405.jpg

Phoebe Tonkin as Hayley in The Originals.

Question: You really blend genres on The Originals. One minute it’s an action show, one minute it’s kind of visceral horror, then romance; you’re getting to play a mother. Is that the excitement in not knowing what they’re going to throw at you next?

Phoebe Tonkin: Yeah. What’s so amazing and beautiful about our show is it really is these kind of ordinary characters -- although they are supernatural characters -- but they’re put in extreme situations. To have someone, whether they’re wolf or vampire or not, when you put in the idea of motherhood and family loyalty, it really kind of grounds those storylines and makes it really interesting to play against everything being hyped and big. They’re real feelings and they’re real things that they’re dealing with.

Question: When you start as an actor, you obviously never know where your career is going to go. Is it amusing for you that it has become a lot of not just genre material but physical stuff and characters who sometimes get in the mix in fight scenes?

Tonkin: I’m actually amazed because I’m like the least physical person. I don’t really do anything exercise wise, but I find myself in these jobs that I’m always really kind of testing my endurance and my strength. Maybe it’ll be nice next year to do something a little more low key, where the stakes aren’t as high and maybe a little romantic, independent comedy or something.

Question: Is there anything coming up where Hayley gets to really unleash?

Tonkin: Yeah, a lot. Right now, Hayley’s really trying to keep the wolves on her side and keep that alliance and kind of protect her home. Basically she’s kind of now realized that as a hybrid she has both the wolves and the vampires on her side. So she’s trying to use those allies and try to join their forces together so that she has an even stronger army behind her against the witches, who right now are the most serious threat to the original family and to the werewolves as well.

Question: How much do they tell you about what’s coming down the pipeline? It can get kind of convoluted. Are there times where you have to call Julie [Plec]?

Tonkin: You know, the writers are amazing on our show because they could probably write like an unofficial bible of the world of Vampire Diaries and The Originals. You can [go to] any of those writers and be like, “In that episode of Vampire Diaries five seasons ago when this happened… and now it’s sort of happening again,” and they know everything. They’re really, really helpful in that way. They don’t tell us a huge amount, but everyone is so passionate about that show and our writers and producers, they’re so excited to tell us when they know something is coming up. So they’ll kind of pull us aside and be like, “I just want to tell you that so and so is happening and don’t tell anyone because it’s really exciting.” So there’s little things, little comments but only because people are so excited about stuff that’s coming up and us as actors as well are always keen to know what’s happening so we’re always trying to steal scripts and find out what’s going on.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...n-hayleys-role-in-the-war-against-the-witches

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 11th episode of the season for "The Originals" airing next week:

Can Marcel find his way out before he and his crew are consumed? Find out Monday at 8/7c on The Originals.

Back-up YouTube link:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
IGN discussion:

Eric Goldman and Roth Cornet on what the CW's early renewals for Arrow, The Flash, The 100, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign and Jane the Virgin say about how the network is not using traditional ratings to determine success.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 12th episode of the season for "The Originals" that aired yesterday:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 13th episode of the season for TVD airing later this week:

They'll risk their lives to save a friend. TVD is all new Thursday at 8/7c.

Back-up YouTube Link:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt even finish season 5 of TVD but Originals is fukking dope! The bruh playing Finn is killing his role and i do hope Kima sticks around for awhile. Whats the deal with the other sister. I cant remember everything except she was sacrificed or something

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 13th episode of the season for "The Originals" that airs this week:

For Klaus, family can be murder. Watch a new episode of The Originals, Monday at 8/7c.

Back-up YouTube link:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 14th episode of the season for TVD airing later this week:

When one chapter ends, another begins. Don't miss an all new TVD Thursday at 8/7c.

Back-up YouTube Link:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the 14th episode of the season for "The Originals" that airs this week:

Find out if Hayley will be having a red wedding on a new episode of The Originals, Monday at 8/7c.

Back-up YouTube link:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope they get the casting right for Dahlia...I don't ant some slight, teeny bopper looking white girl like what they did with Esther before hiring Kima from the Wire. Dahlia needs to be a boss.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
@twan83 @prophecypro @King Koopa @Jello Biafra :whew: Ya'll watch this week's episode of "The Originals"? That was a GREAT episode.
Yeah I'm definitely feeling the story line for this season. Them introducing Dahlia opens up a new and refreshing story outside of the Michael/Esther stuff we been getting. I'm actually hyped to see how she'll be portrayed. The dude playing Finn is pretty dope too.

Cole tho :sadcam:

That family moment with him and the others at the end :mjcry:

Chick playing Rebecca new temp body :noah:

It's funny how hot I used to think the chick playing Hayley was when they first introduced her in Vampire Diaries. Now she just annoys the shyt out of me when she's on screen :lolbron:. She still hot tho :francis:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@twan83 @prophecypro @King Koopa @Jello Biafra :whew: Ya'll watch this week's episode of "The Originals"? That was a GREAT episode.

i love this show brehs :mjcry:
shytting on TVD i only reason i watch that is damon and that new chic is bad as fukk that is related too them :noah:
plus liv hidden big breasts and lips :whew:

i still love that show just not the same its up and down these season for the most part while originals keeps crushing the buildings