The only thing iPhoners had over Android is Facetime and iMessage...and FaceTime bout to get killed

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once awareness about it spreads people will use it. Especially if versions of Android going forward come with it, and more crucially if it works on iOS too. This might actually do some damage to Facetime since it's OS agnostic :sas1:
Like awareness for Hangouts was suppose to spread right? :russ: That shyt does the same thing as Duo AND MORE and that shyt FLOPPED straight to Hell :mjlol:

I have Hangouts on my iPhone right now and it came preinstalled on Android. Still flopped [Jayz Voice]

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I really don't understand this thread. You can get every google app on iOS as well as the Apple apps.

If Duo was better than FaceTime all Apple users have to do is download it. Am I missing something? :heh:

Also, Duo has been out for a while why is this thread just being made like it's brand new? :wtf:

And why do google apps perform better on iOS than Android? :heh: Hangouts could make calls on iOS months before the Android version could.

One other point when comparing the two. You need a carrier number for Duo to work. I have 2 phones but use the same Google Voice number for both. So I can only use Duo on one of my phones. Ironically I use it on my iPhone and not my Android. :mjlol:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Like awareness for Hangouts was suppose to spread right? :russ: That shyt does the same thing as Duo AND MORE and that shyt FLOPPED straight to Hell :mjlol:

I have Hangouts on my iPhone right now and it came preinstalled on Android. Still flopped [Jayz Voice]
There was no need to be so disrespecfoe :scust::to: :bryan:

And Hangouts is clunky as fukk. I still don't know how to make a call on it.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was no need to be so disrespecfoe :scust::to: :bryan:

And Hangouts is clunky as fukk. I still don't know how to make a call on it.
:dead: My bad breh

Hangouts is cool for me, works when I wanna make or get calls. Texting and shyt is easy as fukk. I remember them google talk/voice days when you couldn’t send/get pics. Now you can get pics and videos. I’m on an iPhone tho, shyt probably still trash on Android :pachaha:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Once awareness about it spreads people will use it. Especially if versions of Android going forward come with it, and more crucially if it works on iOS too. This might actually do some damage to Facetime since it's OS agnostic :sas1:
Breh, I'm pretty much strictly Android-only with phones and tablets but you're crazy if you think iOS users are all of a sudden gonna switch to Duo. It would make no sense

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
For this bullshyt? Boy u gon be video chattin with yaself :mjlol:
Gonna be using Duo and wifi when he can just use his bathroom mirror :pachaha:

If they continue on their current course, Google is never going to make any application that kills an iOS feature. The ubiquitousness and convenience of iOS services will always be more successful than the alternatives Google provides even when Google has more (and sometimes better) features and functionality. No casual iOS user wants to hear "hey go download, sign up and configure app XYZ" when they're trying to do some routine shyt that's already seamlessly baked into the OS.

Like everybody else is saying, until Google truly integrates these apps and services in the core OS and mandates that Google Android (different from just Android) devices are shipped using these apps and services by default, they're never going to get much traction from the masses on their own side, much less across multiple platforms.

Last edited:

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
iphones are also WAY more secure & hack proof than androids.

saw an iphone on the ground at a parking lot the other day and didn’t even bother snatching it. it’s nothing but a paper-weight to anyone who’s not the owner.
:yeshrug:

my homie found a samsung s5 last year and it literally took him 5 minutes to google how to factory reset it using the power & volume buttons.
:mjlol:

He’s been rocking that s5 ever since
:mjgrin:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
iphones are also WAY more secure & hack proof than androids.

saw an iphone on the ground at a parking lot the other day and didn’t even bother snatching it. it’s nothing but a paper-weight to anyone who’s not the owner.
:yeshrug:

my homie found a samsung s5 last year and it literally took him 5 minutes to google how to factory reset it using the power & volume buttons.
:mjlol:

He’s been rocking that s5 ever since
:mjgrin:
You right that its completely worthless to steal an iPhone these days unless you shipping it overseas. I do believe Android is starting to go down that route though, so for phones that are not rootable, say the US S8 and Note8, they would be paperweights too.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yes I have friends and family but I don't wanna see their ugly mugs all the damned time...:dahell: Your voice is good enough I'll see you when I can.
My homeboy and his girl ONLY FaceTime

I'm like bruh if FaceTime is standard with you at any given moment you better not do an ounce of dirt